logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Falling-for-You
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-14 02:17
The Consequence of Falling by Claire Contreras
The Consequence of Falling - Claire Contreras

Contreras gets her kicks by stating the obvious, but she does so in a refreshing way. The Consequence of Falling says everything a woman wants to say, but felt wasn't civil enough to put into words. Presley and Nathaniel have a love-hate relationship that is really them testing the waters of their hearts. It's a battle of wills that could be a meeting of hearts, if they just give peace a chance. Funny, flirty and flawlessly entertaining with an edge of sassy thrown in. How could anyone not love that?

review 2019-01-01 15:44
Good Story and Good Characters
Falling for Her Enemy (Still Harbor) - V... Falling for Her Enemy (Still Harbor) - Victoria James

Alex has an adopted daughter Cassy who is seven from the foster care system.  But Hayden may be her biological father Hayden was angry he had not been told he possibly fathered a child. The biological mother of Cassy said she will go public with Hayden being a deadbeat dad  if he doesn’t give her a million dollars. Hayden finds a private investigator Matt who lives with Alex sister Kate. Hayden had never thought about fathering a child.Hayden found out a drunken one night stand may have resulted in a daughter.  Hayden is ready to take over the responsibility of his daughter. Hayden wants to bring his daughter home. Alex is scared she will lose the life she fought so hard to build. Alex has trust issues and a fear of abandonment and lives for Cassy and she is a single mom by choice. She feel she may lose the only good thing in her life again.   Alex was a bakery manager but hoped to but said bakery in five years. Than Alex finds out the owners must sell they bakery very soon and not five years from now. Alex and Hayden want to hate each other but their chemistry was hot. Alex has never had feelings and emotions like she has for Hayden. Hayden was a very successful man. He has lived to work since his mother had died when he was a child. Hayden forgot what a family feels like.  He is a workaholic and has no time for family ir love. Hayden spent his life trying to make up for a mistake he made when he was younger.

I enjoyed this sweet emotional read a lot. This grabbed my attention from the beginning and kept it until the end. I loved the plot and pace. I choked up at times while reading this book. I loved Cassy and felt she added to this book. I also loved Alex and Cassy relationship. I loved Alex and Hayden’s relationship and how they interacted. I felt bad for both Alex and Hayden and their pasts. I wish I could rate this a 4.5. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend it.

review 2018-12-29 13:05
Can't Help Falling in Love (The Gentileschi Sisters Book 3) by Kathryn Shay
Can't Help Falling in Love - Kathryn Shay

A bump on the head becomes a shot to the heart for the star athlete and the hidden in plain sight nurse. Can't Help Falling in Love is a modern fairy tale with hard hitting romance and emotional drama. Mike and Evvie begin with a gaff that has lasting results for the rest of their lives. Will their foray into romance survive the secrets that they hide? Shay chose the perfect title. I Can't Help Falling in Love with these two.

review 2018-12-23 02:16
Book Review: The Art Of Falling In Love by Eli Summers
The Art Of Falling In Love - Eli Summers

There be spoilers. I'm pretty pissed off at the moment. What a waste of time this was.

CW: Homophobia, racism, cheating, and sexual assault.

I only liked Holden. And even he was an idiot. But I could empathize with this struggles - coming to terms with his feelings for another boy, figuring out that he's bi-sexual (though I'm not sure why he'd think that, since he hasn't even had a girlfriend), and dealing with being bullied at school, on top of living with an asshole father and a doormat mother, unable to live up to his Golden Boy older brother, who was much less an asshole than I expected based on how his character was initially set up. Holden's best friend of 14 years (Tiffany) is abandoning him for a boy, though I'm honestly not even sure why Holden thought of her as his friend in the first place - she was nothing but a bitch to him.

All the characters in his book are one-dimensional card board cutouts. You have the rich boy jerkface who thinks he can throw his daddy's money in everyone's face, the bitchy-only female, the pedophile principal (ew, ew, ew, what the fuck was that shit, touching Holden inappropriately, talking about blow jobs to make a record go away, and then comparing his dick to Aaron's whose dick he presumably knows NOTHING about), and the cheating daddy fucking Holden's best friend, who's - you guessed it - suddenly pregnant.

None of the characters, including Aaron, the love interest, made any fucking sense with their actions. Not a single one. Not Holden thinking he can just go to the city and enroll in college, and find a job that will pay him enough to cover his cost of living, not Aaron, whose pillow talk was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in a romance novel, not Jeff, the jerkface, not Tiffany, the bitch, not the principal (what the FUCK was that shit), and not Holden's parents.

At one point Aaron's father leaves for a conference of some sort in Seattle - which, super convenient, amirite, so Aaron and Holden can have a sleepover and sex it up (virgin ass and all), and we're supposed to believe that a small town mechanic goes to a conference, leaving no one to work on the cars in the shop?

This book was an utter mess, and I don't just mean the stilted, unrealistic dialogue and ridiculous plot. The editor was MIA, and the proof-reader took a vacation, I guess. Grammar seemed optional.

Men don't have a g-spot. A virgin like Holden, never having even CONSIDERED gay sex, has likely not heard of the prostrate. And he sure as fuck wouldn't call it a g-spot.

At one point, Aaron says "Open Says Me". I suppose the author meant OPEN SESAME. How was that not caught? Then a few pages later, Aaron opens the condom and puts it on, with HIS TEETH. On himself. Uhm, sure, whatever floats your boat. I guess you're super bendy. Never mind the holes you just made with your teeth, you moron, which sort of defeats the purpose of putting on a condom in the first place.

And to top off the editorial proof-reading fuckery, in one instance HOLDEN is called AARON.

And, and, and... there's no HEA, not even a HFN - the couple has broken up at book's end because Holden is leaving town and Aaron isn't. We get a "To Be Continued" as if that isn't something you should tell your readers up front.

Not recommended. Possibly the worst book I've read this year. JFC. Yeah, I know it's YA, but young adults would like to read good books. And this isn't a good book.

I'm so sorry, Secret Santa. I was swayed by the blurb and the positive reviews, and I now regret putting this book on my wishlist. I kind of hate that you wasted your money on this, even though I truly appreciate you getting it for me.

Not recommended.

Borrowing Trouble (A Nugget Romance Book 6) - Stacy Finz
Heating Up - Stacy Finz
Falling Hard - Stacy Finz
Riding High - Stacy Finz

Tempting Fate (Nugget #10)Nugget #10, I don't know if I ever said it in one of my reviews but I know I thought that I wouldn't care if Raylene ever got her own HEA, but I'm glad she did. She's the person everyone loves to hate and she finally meets someone who sees behind all the shine and snootiness and saw the head strong determined woman who regrets everything she did to the town she once loved; especially hurting the two people who loved her the most and now she's lost everything. She can't forgive herself because the town won't forgive her. I think this is one of those books that is best when you've read the other books in the series, but Raylene does have some flashbacks of her worst moments that fill in the blanks, or you can read Getting Lucky and Falling Hard those are the two with her story in them.

Gabe Moretti runs a business with Raylene's half brother, Logan. Logan asks Gabe to keep an eye on Raylene since she's not the most loved person in Nugget he wants to make sure she stay out of trouble and had back-up if she needs it. Gabe has heard the rumors about Raylene and it's not hard for him to believe it all but he finds it hard that the people from a the town that so far has been welcome and inviting can hate someone so much. Raylene has two things she wants to accomplish after Logan and Annie's wedding before she can finally move on from Nugget and never look back, find the gold her ancestor buried and sell off the last remaining plot of her family's land. After she finds her gold and sells off the land she can give the women's shelter she's been volunteering at the money they need to stay open and finally have enough start up money to start her own horse training ranch. But she has to find the gold first and Gabe insists on helping. Little things keep happening that raises suspicion that Raylene isn't the only ones out there looking for the gold.

Overall, this was a really good read. It was emotional not only between Raylene and Gabe but between her and the town she did some pretty low and horrible things and you can tell how much she regrets do them it really showed how much Raylene had changed since the beginning. The end was very exciting. I was surprised by how quickly the whole town flipped on their feelings for Raylene but hate isn't the opposite of love and they all loved her once they just needed something to love her for that was enough to forgive her of her past sins.