logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Favorite-Series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-23 16:14

Crescendo - Rachel Haimowitz

review 2017-08-24 19:18
How A Thief Became An Unlikely King And Prove He is The King of Kings
The King of Attolia (Queen's Thief) - Megan Whalen Turner

As sequels goes, its not easy to do a good follow up. The King of Attolia did not out done the previous book but it manages to stay at its form, which to me, has done pretty much expected after The Queen of Attolia. Once again, I fell in love more of the world of The Queen's Thief series and once again, I just can't get enough of Eugenides.

Eugenides is now King of Attolia and he has become the least favorite among the guards and his attendants. The unlikely king has been played on pranks, insults and even lost respect by those who can't trust the thief of Eddis. This is why he has choose Costis, an unlikely naive young guard to be his private attendant, who would want Eugenides dead then be the king of Attolia. But because Costis is loyal to the Queen, following orders is what he does best... until Gen has proven himself he is not just the Thief of Eddis, he can be the King of Attolia even though he does not behave like one.

There is so much to love about the second sequel - the intrigued plot, the twist and the pacing is just right. Although The Queen of Attolia had its unexpected moments and vivid immersive worlds, The King of Attolia focus more on a young guard point of view on Eugenides and how the Thief won their loyalty, in an unexpected way. Yes, there are conspirators among guards whom hated Gen and wanted him dethrone, but in the end, as the writing goes, is as beautiful as ever that you never expect truly is a worthy read.

As always, I am looking forward to the fourth book. There is so much to love and enjoy, and still some surprises that never cease to amaze me. The Queen's Thief series is some thing that works and never fails and its a series worth keeping on my shelve for a long time.

review 2017-08-09 18:42