logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Free-For-Kindle
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-04-03 05:56
Book Review : the legend of the golden raven k. Ancrum
The legend of the golden raven - K. Ancrum

April 2-3
K. Ancrum's The Legend of the Golden Raven novella, part fairy tale and part gritty reality, follows a boy as he descends into madness.

August and Jack weren’t meant to be friends. One is a misfit with a pyro streak and the other a golden boy on the rugby team. But as their relationship intensifies, Jack slowly begins to lose his mind—taking readers on an intimate journey into the fantasy kingdom creeping into the edges of his world.

As the novella moves back and forth between a medieval legend and our own, contemporary world, nothing is as it seems. The boys alienate everyone around them as they struggle with their sanity and as Jack’s quest to fulfill a dark prophecy begins to consume them both . . .

Devour this companion novella to The Wicker King.

Review : this novella was very interesting it was from Jack's POV and we got to see what he saw and how he loves August and his fantasy world I enjoyed reading it .

Quotes :
You’re the love of my life, you know,” he said bravely.

review 2019-12-26 02:22
Driven
Driven - Eve Silver,Eve Kenin

I wasn't sure what I'd think about this book, but as I'd read and enjoyed a couple of this author's Dark Gothic historical books, I decided to get this one. And it was free. That always helps.

I ended up really enjoying it! I really do need to dig further into this author's work, because I've enjoyed everything of hers I've read so far. Some of the books are a bit out of my preferred price range for ebooks, though. :

show activity (+)
review 2019-12-01 21:11
Edge of Control
Edge of Control (Edge Security Series Book 1) - Trish Loye

I really waffled on how to rate this. Should I go with 2.5 stars or 3? I mean, I liked the book well enough, despite my earlier issues with the heroine (she got better!), but I can't exactly say I "really liked it a lot" which is what I usually classify as a three star read. In the end, I did go with the three stars, because once I picked it up this morning and began to read, I didn't stop until I finished. That's got to be worth something.

The author is former military, and that shone through, at least to this civilian's eyes.

I do wish there had been more time to flesh out the characters, not just the main ones, but the villains as well.

As the book takes place over the course of about two weeks, I'd say our couple ends with more of a HFN than an HEA, but there is a Christmas novella (for 99 cents) that centers on this couple, and it takes place a year later. I may go ahead and grab it since I have a $1 credit for choosing the slower shipping on my sister-in-law's Christmas present.

I picked the first book and the seventh book up awhile back when they were both free. I'll probably read it, though I doubt I'll go much further in the series as the other books are all around $5, and I don't pay that much for kindle books.

show activity (+)
review 2019-10-11 04:41
The Gilded Sanctum
The Gilded Sanctum - Keith Veverka

A disgraced former FBI agent is hired by a mafia boss to find his missing teenage daughter, who disappeared from the elite private school she was attending.

This book was, for me, a solid three star read. I liked it just fine, but I didn't love it. It took awhile (like well over halfway) to get going, but once it did, I raced through it to see how it would all play out.

review 2019-08-07 21:27
Charles River Freebies Round Up
The Lalibela Churches: The History and Legacy of the Medieval Cave Churches in Ethiopia - Charles River Editors
Anne Bradstreet: The Life and Legacy of the Famous Puritan Poet in the American Colonies - Charles River Editors

The Lalibela Churches one is Charles River Editors at their best.  It is packed with information and photos.  I learned things.

The Bradstreet one isn't bad, and is in fact, a good overview for a student.