logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: GLBT
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-06-01 02:44
Book review the course of true love Cassandra clare
The Course of True Love (and First Dates) - Cassandra Clare
May 24-25

Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood might fall in love—but first they have a first date. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

When Magnus Bane, warlock, meets Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunter, sparks fly. And what happens on their first date lights a flame...

Book review: I loved this story this is about magnus and alec first date and it was freaking adorable and awkward. First magnus gets pickpocket and alec uses his ninja moves . Then they go to a restaurant where everyone hates shadowhunters but then alec helps magnus with a werewolf and they go back to his place and make out a little I loved it .
Quotes

“I’m—sorry about being a lousy date,” Alec muttered.

“What are you talking about?” Magnus asked. “You’re a fantastic date. You’ve only been here ten minutes, and I already got half of your clothes off.

“You’re sarcastic twelve hours a day, but you’re almost never spiteful. You have a good heart under all the glitter.

And the Angel descended from on high and gave his chosen ones fantastic abs

Alec was closeted, shy, obviously insecure, and obviously hung up on his blond friend Trace Wayland. Magnus was fairly certain that was the name, but Wayland had reminded Magnus inexplicably of Will Herondale, and Magnus didn’t want to think about Will.

Magnus did not even care—Alec here, Alec now, the taste of Alec in his mouth, his hands pushing aside the fabric of his own worn T-shirt to get at Alec’s bare skin underneath. It took an embarrassingly long time before they both remembered that Magnus had an apartment, and tumbled toward it without disentangling from each other. Magnus blew the door open without looking at it: the door banged so hard against the wall that Magnus cracked an eye open to check that he had not absentmindedly made his front door explode. Alec kissed a sweet careful line down Magnus’s neck, starting from just below his ear to the hollow at the base of his throat. The door was fine. Everything was great. Magnus pulled Alec down to the sofa, Alec collapsing bonelessly on top of him. Magnus fastened his lips to Alec’s neck. He tasted of sweat and soap and skin, and Magnus bit down, hoping to leave a mark on the pale skin there, wanting to. Alec gave a breathy whimper and pushed his body into the contact. Magnus’s hands slid up under Alec’s rumpled shirt, learning the shape of Alec’s body. He ran his fingers over the swell of Alec’s shoulders and down the long lean curve of his back, feeling the scars of his profession and the wildness of his kisses. Shyly, Alec undid the buttons on Magnus’s waistcoat, laying skin bare and slipping inside to touch Magnus’s chest, his stomach, and Magnus felt cool silk replaced by warm hands, curious and caressing. He felt Alec’s fingers shaking against his skin. Magnus reached up and pressed his hand against Alec’s cheek, his brown bejeweled fingers a contrast to Alec’s moonlight-pale skin: Alec turned his face into the curve of Magnus’s palm and kissed it, and Magnus’s heart broke. “Alexander,” he murmured, wanting to say more than just “Alec,” to call him by a name that was longer than and different from the name everybody else called him, a name with weight and value to it..

review 2018-05-29 14:29
Review: The Chateau by Tiffany Reisz
The Chateau - Tiffany Reisz

Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Working for a secret branch of the French military by day and seducing a number of women by night may be enough to occupy some men, but not Kingsley Boissonneault. No assignment, no assignation can fill his mind enough to rid him of the dreams of Søren, the love he can never get over. Until, that is, he’s tasked with going undercover and rescuing his commanding officer’s nephew from a sex cult run by the mysterious Madame. Madame’s world is like nothing Kingsley has ever seen. In the château, the women rule and the men serve. And as Madame’s brand of sadism feeds Kingsley’s soul, he’s faced with a choice: he can have everything he’s ever wanted, but the price is giving up forever the beautiful monster who haunt his dreams.

The Chateau is an interesting, evocative read that’s a fantastic mix of dark and light. Kingsley’s journey through the looking glass and into Madame’s world is filled with surprises, erotic adventures, and masochism. The château is a sort of reverse Story of O where the women rule and the men serve them in every way. In many ways it’s a lovely world, with warmth, humor, and sensuality. Madame is a sadist and a master at mind games, and she’s an interesting, well-developed character. It’s easy to see why Kingsley is fascinated by her and why he’s taken with the other women in the house. Whether or not the world Madame has created is what it seems or if there are darker elements at play, I’ll leave readers to discover. I will say that nothing is ever simple and straightforward when you’re playing with characters this clever and I loved the twists and turns Kingsley encounters over the course of the story.

At the center of The Chateau is the story of Kingsley finding himself again. Kingsley is a delightful protagonist. He’s young, arrogant, charming, protective, and funny as hell. He’s strong and deadly, to be sure, but he’s also incredibly vulnerable and I found the contrast appealing. Life in the château holds great appeal for him: beautiful women, the chance of a family, and a masterful sadist who can give him almost everything he needs. The almost part comes in because of Kingsley’s dreams about Søren, the former lover whose hold on him is still strong. I loved watching Kingsley learn more about himself and about his relationship with Søren over the course of the book.

The Chateau is a standalone book set in the world of Tiffany Reisz’s Original Sinners series. I haven’t yet read the rest of the books, but if I wasn’t already planning to I definitely would now because I was so intrigued by Kingsley and Søren’s relationship. Ms. Reisz is a master of pushing boundaries and mixing eroticism with emotion and charm. Her writing is always engaging, so much so that I started The Chateau late and night and read until I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer, only to finish the book when I woke up the next morning. So whether you’re a fan of the Original Sinners series or are new to the world, this is an exceptional ride.

Source: witandsin.blogspot.com/2018/05/review-chateau-by-tiffany-reisz.html
review 2018-04-22 23:05
Review: Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon
Murder Takes the High Road - Josh Lanyon

Reviewed for Wit and Sin

For any book lover, a tour through Scotland where you get to meet one of your favorite authors sounds like a dream vacation. And so it would be for librarian Carter Matheson…if only his ex, Trevor, and Trevor’s new boyfriend weren’t on the same tour. Still, Carter is determined to enjoy the trip, even if it kills him. And it just might. Because this tour destined for the home of famed mystery author Vanessa Rayburn is taking a potentially deadly turn. A fellow tourist has died under mysterious circumstances and the whispers are flying. Suddenly Carter can’t help but put on his amateur sleuth hat. Everyone’s behavior is suspect, even Carter’s mysterious and attractive roommate, John…

Strangers brought together by chance, mysterious deaths, gossip, and a cast of quirky characters far away from home all come together to form a cozy mystery in Murder Takes the High Road. Strains of Agatha Christie float through this tale which was enjoyable, but was missing that ineffable Josh Lanyon spark.

Murder Takes the High Road is a bit difficult for me to review and I spent over a month mulling it over because I don’t really have much to say about the story, either positive or negative. Ms. Lanyon is an excellent writer so this isn’t a bad book by any means. But it unfolds slowly and the sizeable set of characters Carter either chooses to or is forced to interact with aren’t very interesting. They’re like pieces in a chess set, moving across the board that is the mystery and are only of interest when they serve the plot. Because most of them are expendable (in the classic murder mystery way), I didn’t care much about their actions and I was much more interested in scenes with just Carter and John. From strangers to lovers, their romance is one I loved watching unfold. Carter is still dealing with the fallout of his breakup with Trevor, but John is no rebound for him. They have excellent chemistry and I loved them together so much that I really hope there is a sequel to this book because I’d love to learn more about John.

Murder Takes the High Road features an interesting mystery, one that’s slow to build but the payoff is worth it. The mystery does take up more page time than the romance, which isn’t a problem per se, but it did leave me wanting more. I’m a big fan of Ms. Lanyon’s work, so I can’t help but compare this book to others of hers that had more energy and drew me into the story more. Still, Murder Takes the High Road is a solid story and if you’re craving a Christie-type tale this book will serve you well.

Source: witandsin.blogspot.com/2018/04/review-murder-takes-high-road-by-josh.html
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-03-27 23:33
Book Review : Mature Content Megan erickson
Mature Content - Megan Erickson,Santino Hassell

March 10-20

My life plan is to be brutally honest all the way to the bank. Don't believe me? I run a popular YouTube channel called TrashyZane, and my claim to fame is oversharing about every aspect of my personal life. Sometimes while tipsy. Not everyone loves my style, but I have a long history of icing out people who can't handle me. I have no time for judgmental foolishness.

Except, apparently, when it comes to Beau Starr. His channel is the polar opposite of mine, and so is he. Wholesome, inspirational, and clean-cut. Everything about him should turn me off, but when we hook up following a confrontation at a convention, my world flips upside down. Not only does Beau Starr turn me on, he uses the exact combination of dirty talk and roughness needed to turn me out.

But we still hate each other. I think

Review : This was so cute I love Zane . This is about Zane and Beau they are both gay youtubers but very different . Beau gets this deal to do a tv thing but his contract says no drama and his ex boyfriend pops up and he's pissed and he's threating Beau . Then Zane finds Beau at the con and they end up fighting and fucking they are both a bit kinky in bed . They start to get along and end up dating but they haven't made it public this gossip youtuber is trying to get them to talk. they both end up doing a video together and it gets a bit intense . Beau ex boyfriend is out of Jail and threatens Him and Zane which is why he denies to Zane's friends that they are dating and Zane flips and yells ant Beau but then Beau explains everything and accepts Beau's appolgy and everything is pretty great from there I loved this series .

Quotes:

Let’s be real, kids. The world sucks. Family sucks. And being expected to be eternally indebted to the people who bumped uglies and squirted you out? That sucks. You’re not beholden to anyone.”

Hey, this is Beau Starr. Next time you want to use my name to get views, you can just go ahead and put my name on your title. Guaranteed to make you trend, actually. #ProTip.

Right, Beautifuls?” he asked. “He’s getting cocky because he’s up one point. Fuck that. Put on the blindfold, Beau

Beau has facial hair?” Ian clutched his boyfriend’s shoulders. “I honestly thought he had laser hair removal.” “Seriously?” I said, at the same time Jesse rolled his eyes. “I can grow a beard if I want to. I just never want to, okay? It comes in patchy and it itches.” “Huh.” Ian watched me suspiciously, like I was going to turn into a werewolf. “I’m just having a bit of a lie-in,” I said. Ian’s eyes got bigger. “A lie-in? What are you, British?” Jesse

I kinda like you, Zane. A lot.” His eyelids fell to half-mast. “I like you too, Beau. A lot.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-03-27 23:19
Book Review : Radio Silence Alice oseaman
Radio Silence - Alice Oseman

March 16-18

You probably think that Aled Last and I are going to fall in love or something. Since he is a boy and I am a girl.

I just wanted to say—we don’t.

Frances Janvier spends most of her time studying. When she’s not studying, she’s up in her room making fan art for her favorite podcast, Universe City.

Everyone knows Aled Last as that quiet boy who gets straight As. But no one knows he’s the creator of Universe City, who goes by the name Radio Silence.

When Frances gets a message from Radio Silence asking if she’ll collaborate with him, everything changes. Frances and Aled spend an entire summer working together and becoming best friends. They get each other when no one else does.

But when Aled’s identity as Radio Silence is revealed, Frances fears that the future of Universe City—and their friendship—is at risk. Aled helped her find her voice. Without him, will she have the courage to show the world who she really is? Or will she be met with radio silence?

Review :
I loved this book it was beautifully written This about Frances she loves this podcast universe city . Then one night she goes out one night with her friends . She runs into aled her former friends twin brother and she finds out Aled is the creator of universe city he's so drunk he didn't remember telling her but the thing is . Universe city contacted frances to do art for it but she uses a different name on twitter . She takes Aled to her home cause he was drunk and forgot his house keys the next morning Frances tells Aled that she knows he created universe city and then they kinda start a really sweet friendship I love Aled he's kind and sweet and I love that this deals with a friendship with no romance in it . Frances sees how cruel Aled's mother is to him. when his sister ran away she wouldn't tell Aled where she is . She finally tells Aled that she is the artist from tumblr . Aled doesn't want to go to college and on the night of Aled's birthday Frances see's him and henry kissing and then Aled's secret comes out about him being the creator and Aled goes to college and stops talking to her . When Frances doesn't get into her school of her dreams she's unhappy but she knows she has to find Aled's sister cause he stopped making universe city his mother killed off his dog crazy fucking bitch . Frances finds her and she agrees to see Aled so Frances , Henry, Aled's sister and Frances friend go to Aled cause frances is worried about him and she finds him and talks to him and tellls him he doesn't have to continue with college he can drop out and they can get jobs together and work on universe city and he agrees to it and frances dyes his hair pastel pink and Aled explains to Henry he's demisexual . then we see them at a con and Frances got a letter she got accepted into art school.

Quotes:
And I’m platonically in love with you.”
“That was literally the boy-girl version of ‘no homo’, but I appreciate the sentiment.

“I wonder sometimes whether you've exploded already, like a star, and what I'm seeing you is three million years into the past, and you're not here anyore. How can we be together here, now, when you are so far away. When you are so far ago? I'm shouting so loudly, but you never turn around to see me. Perhaps it is I who have already exploded. Either way, we are going to bring beautiful things into the universe.”

I wonder- if nobody is listening to my voice, am I making any sound at all?”

I think everyone’s a bit bored with boy-girl romances anyway,” he said. “I think the world’s had enough of those, to be honest.”