logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Green
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-09-22 16:36
Hunter's Green - Phyllis A. Whitney for Country House Mystery
Hunter's Green - Phyllis A. Whitney

Would also work for Genre: Suspense, Terrifying Women, Murder Most Foul, Amateur Sleuth, and Romantic Suspense.

It's fun reading these old thrillers that are so slow, with hardly any murder, no kids or really old people, and servents neither seen nor heard. They're charmingly predictable. And although this was published in 68 and makes much of the brash young mods, they feel So Old Fashioned. There are phones, but only to ring up the doctor or the police to haul away the perpetrator. There are cars for running up to Town, and low speed pursuit, and explosive crashes. What I love most is that everyone stops at regular intervals to sit down and eat a hot meal. I suppose this is what people are talking about when they reminisce about a slower time.

I did have one great disappointment though: a device was quite deliberately introduced in the first act, but played no subsequent part in the plot. It wasn't even a red herring: it was just never mentioned again.

The only disturbing part of the story isn't meant to be:

My apologies for my failed spoiler tag.

Library copy

show activity (+)
review 2018-09-20 04:49
Review: Jungle Green (The Balcom Dynasty Book 2) by Richard Dee
Jungle Green (The Balcom Dynasty Book 2) - Richard Dee

Independently published (6th June 2018)

ISBN: 978-1983052606

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

TC is the wonder drug. Manufactured in secrecy on a remote planet at the edge of the galaxy, it makes worlds inhabitable; and Balcom Industrial lots of money. Then, suddenly, the people who need to take it to stay alive start to die! For Layla Balcom, fresh from wresting control of her father’s inheritance from those who would have destroyed it, the news is devastating. Can the drug be flawed? Or is something else going on?

Review:

I very much enjoyed Ribbonworld, the first book in The Balcom Dynasty when I devoured it in virtually one sitting last year, so Jungle Green was an eagerly anticipated read for me. It was a real pleasure to catch up with Miles Goram again, the central character and unlikely hero of Ribbonworld.

The story piqued my curiosity from the off, the author laying a trail of breadcrumbs but there's no hand holding and leading you from one clue to the next; some things you need to work out for yourself! The plot is interesting and cast of characters varied and well rounded - some seemingly lovely, others hateful!

Richard Dee has a wonderful way of weaving a way with words, he's a masterful storyteller and I suspect he doesn't even realise this. When I'm reading one of his books, regardless of genre, I'm utterly transfixed and lose all track of time. There could be a monsoon (or anything else) going on outside, I really wouldn't have the faintest idea! I am really pleased to see a prequel is forthcoming, I can't wait to read that!

review 2018-09-10 15:07
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification

SkIL, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Institute offers Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt Course for professionals working in medical coding, Team Leaders, accounts receivables Industry.

Source: www.skilglobal.com/lean-six-sigma-green-belt-training-certification-program
review 2018-09-09 22:15
Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery

Lexile Level: 760 L

This classic coming of age story by L.M. Montgomery tells the story of an orphan named Anne with a strong personality and a huge imagination. Anne stands out from her peers because of her uncontrollable imagination and her expansive vocabulary. Anne makes a great role model for students because of her individuality and her love of reading. Students could connect to her as she struggles through several conflicts. This book could be introduced to upper elementary students and could be used to teach reading comprehension skills. The book contains a large amount of advanced vocabulary and therefore would be perfect for teaching students to use context clues to infer the meanings of unfamiliar words. Students who need more challenging literature to read independently could benefit from reading this book.

review 2018-09-09 22:06
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Green Eggs and Ham - Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss is a level J according to the Fountas and Pinnell reading level scale. Green Eggs and Ham is a book about a guy named Sam and he is trying to get his "friend" to try green eggs and ham. However, his friend does NOT want to try green eggs and ham, until finally he actually tries them and likes them. I think Green Eggs and Ham is a great book for Dr. Seuss week, and you can make your students try green eggs and ham. You can even have it as your class data that day on if your students liked green eggs and ham, if they never tried green eggs and ham, or if they did not like green eggs and ham.