logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Heir-of-Fire
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-06-28 00:00
Heir of Fire
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas Okay this was my favorite book so far in the series (yes, even though it traumatized me to the point of where I'm actually scared to pick the next one up).

4 stars because of 2 reasons:
1. To many characters and too many stories to follow,
2. Because the beginning was really slow.
Other then that it was a masterpiece (although a traumatizing one!)
review 2018-02-18 00:38
Heir Of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas So exciting!! Like the series didn't have me on the edge of my seat already, then BAM!!! Throw in some dragons and witches and I'm about to lose all control! The story got more intense. Sometimes I was confused, but I caught up again quickly. It was just the intro into these other characters that weren't around in the first two books. It took some getting used to. I like it all though. It was one adventure after another. So fast-paced and really intense at times. I definitely need to read on. I have to know that Aelin is making it to where she needs to be. It's all I will think about.... Such a great series!!!
Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2018/02/heir-of-fire-by-sarah-j-maas-8.html
review 2017-12-02 00:14
Poor Dorian!!!!!!
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas

Wow what a one hell of a book cliffhanger. My poor Dorian and if you haven't read the book yet, you'll have to read it to find out what I am talking about. And if you have read it, you'll understand why I said that. Still my favorite character out of the men in this series. I do have to say I am slowly falling in love with Rowan, who is one of the new characters in this series.

Okay now let's talk about Rowan since I just mentioned him. At first I thought what a jerk in regards to how he was treated Celaena, but later once he started to treat her like an actual individual, I really started to enjoy him. In this book it's like a friendship relationship, but I think that will definitely change. I can't wait to see how there relationship, will end up in the end.

Celaena I really love more and more as the story goes on. I really hope that she survives when this series ends, and she has a happy ending. After the life she had she really deserves the happy ever after ending. I loved when she started getting her powers, and that it seems like she final meet someone that likes her just as she is. Not like Chaol who can't handle who and what she is. Dorian I know does, but while at first I wanted those two together, now I just what them to be best friends.

Chaol I just didn't care about at all in this book, he needs to decide, which team his on, and just stick to it already. I what him and Dorian to be friends again. And I need him to be the way he was in the first book and the first part of the second one.

Manon  another new character, I just couldn't get into her parts of the story, I just didn't really care at all for her. I was just plain bored.

Than another new character and someone else at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like was Aedion. Once I know what was really going on with him, I really started to warm up to him a whole lot. I like who he is to Celaena, and what part he just plays in the whole storyline.

I just have to say again oh gosh my poor Dorian and what happened to him at the end, had me in freaking tears. And Celaena going back home, and leaving Rowan behind, boy he better be in the next book.

review 2017-11-25 13:05
Review: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas

Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak―but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth . . . a truth about her heritage that could change her life―and her future―forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons, but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed?

The bestselling series that has captured readers all over the world reaches new heights in this sequel to the New York Times best-selling Crown of Midnight. Packed with heart-pounding action, fierce new characters, and swoon-worthy romance, this third book will enthrall readers from start to finish.

OMFG, first of this book is absolutely insane. So many things are happening, so many new characters and new groups, new and old alliances are made and broken.

There is suffering but also hope, there is love and there is also betrayal. A way overdue war is brewing.

To be honest I don’t even know how to review this book and give it the credit it deserves without spoiling anything.  So I will make this review rather short and just go over certain point and charcaters without going to much into detail.

But really I think this a series everyone who loves fantasy should read, just as simple as that.

Celaena, at the end of last book she left for Wendlyn, and we discovered who she really is as Chaol did some research. We see her first in this book, as she arrives in a new place with new people. She is all alone and has to face some pretty cruel tasks.  She is forced to face her true self and learn to be that. She is still not herself and not over to what happened last. We get to see a semi new side to her, broken and without hope as she faces all the new challenges thrown at her. We see her slowly healing and dealing with the aftermath of the events in the last book. We see her grow even more and embrace a new life.  We also get a great peak into her past, her past as a child. Which I really enjoyed.

Chaol. I always was a huge fan of his and still am. But I think he got some off the worse if it in this book. We get to see him torn, between love and loyalty. For her and for his best friend and his kingdom. He struggles a lot in this book with the secret he knows. He also makes some new allies, which was really enjoyable and I think is a new bromance all on its own.

Dorian. I’m torn with him, really Am., I like him but he also annoys me. We learn a little more about his gifts but not as much as I would have liked. Also, I was happy for him but I also wanted to tab his eyes out, not sure why because, I really never was team Dorian and I kind of felt betrayed by my own feelings lol.

The King….. Short… he needs to DIE!

Now some quick things about some of the new people, not all because there are quite a few so I mentioned some that have a bigger part.

Manon, to be honest I was bit confused about it at first. About who, why and how it all comes together. Her part was almost like reading and complete different book up to a certain part when it clicks and we know where it is going. I really enjoyed her and canot waiyt to see how it all plays out. I’m sure it will be bloody and it will be big and epic.

Sorscha, she kind of came out of nowhere and I was not sure how I felt about that, even more so when it was revealed that she was kind of there the whole time. I did like her and her part and would love to learn more about her.

Aedion, really enjoyed him and his story and love that we get all that backstory from and about him. I have a feeling we will see a lot more of him in future books.

Rowan.  I went from hating him to loving him. I can’t wait to read more of him. We already learn a lot of him and his tragic past but I think we will learn a lot more. Also love the friendship we get with him. Hashtag friendshipgoals.

I think that is it about it about the people without giving too much away.

As mentioned we get to meet some new people, new groups and new places. We follow all of them and the Glass Court that we already know. Plus of course Celaena/ Aelin. We get all the different storylines in one big story and everything will come together. At the very beginning I was a little confused and thought it will be confusing with so many new people and POVs but it really wasn’t.  While I absolutely loved this book and thought it was epic, I must say. I thought the beginning was a bit slow and that is why I cannot give it a full 5 stars. But the rest of course was fast paced and awesome. Filled with action, love and sorrow, hope, humor and betrayal all in the right places. It will give you all kind of feels.

Overall epic book and I can’t wait to see what will happen next but I’m sure it will be bloody and epic.

I rate this book 4 ½ ★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love.”

***

“Their hands clasped between them, he whispered into her ear, "I claim you, too, Aelin Galathynius.”

***

“Because I am lost," she whispered onto the earth. "And I do not know the way.”

***

“You collect scars because you want proof that you are paying for whatever sins you've committed. And I know this because I've been doing the same damn thing for two hundred years. Tell me, do you think you will go to some blessed Afterworld, or do you expect a burning hell? You're hoping for hell--because how could you face them in the Afterworld? Better to suffer, to be damned for eternity and--”

***

“As for Celaena," he said again, "you do not have the right to wish she were not what she is. The only thing you have a right to do is decide whether you are her enemy or her friend.”

Buy Links

Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much tea, and watches an ungodly amount of TV. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion.

Links

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-heir-fire-throne-glass-3-sarah-j-maas
review 2017-08-12 16:59
I Need a Breather, Recovery Time
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas

No no no.......don't end here....nooooooooooo

You left me here panting ready to jump and the book ended

Oh the pain you left me in Ms. Maas