logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Historical
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-18 03:52
Royal Blood by Tiamat
Royal Blood - Tiamat

The rating will most likely depend on whether you read this story as a stand alone or withing the series. As a part of the series, it might easily fetch 5 stars.

The book starts in a humorous fairy tale fashion, pulling you right in: the characters are somewhat familiar, the setting is typical, the story is easy to follow. You know this set-up, you move along, quite sure of yourself and the boys in the tale.

However, just as you begin to think "oh, I know where it's going!", the unusual (especially where the puzzled Prince is concerned) turn of events shifts the story line and you find yourself as puzzled as the Prince himself. Series of hot, steamy and very passionate almost - but not quite! - dub-con scenes follow, with still enough plot and humor to go around.

In the end, all parties get what they deserve and want.

No kittens, tigers or babies were actually hurt (much) during the production of this book :D

Recommended :)

review 2018-01-18 03:30
The Dream of a Thousand Nights by Shira Anthony
The Dream of a Thousand Nights - Shira Anthony

This book is about a bunch of overgrown teenagers with raging hormones, irrational, stubborn and angry. There is no reason to their actions, no logic in their thoughts. The writing itself is on immature side. Disappointed. The rating is for the 40% I've suffered through.

review 2018-01-17 20:59
Stolen Hearts (Stolen Hearts) by Sasha L. Miller
Stolen Hearts - Sasha L. Miller

Нудная середина и нудный конец. Я ожидала больше, чем "она его за муки полюбила, а он ее за состраданье к ним".

The "comfort" bit of hurt/comfort was overdone, trying to compensate for falling in love, I guess. Once Callisto's new charm was in place to stabilize his condition, everything slowed down to a crawl.

review 2018-01-16 22:59
Someone to Wed (A Westcott Novel) - Mary Balogh

An engaging story lovely written. I've come to love most of the author's books because of the care that it's placed on everything. The setting, the characters, the atmosphere, they're all perfectly done.
Also the fact that they mostly have a story besides _eventually _ disrobing... helps.
This story has all the things that I like:
_No insta love;
_No insta attraction;
_No pointless drama;

Instead there's friendship and companionship from the part of a big crazy family.
From my experience, I found that a little far fetched, lol, everyone getting along brilliantly; but it was nice to read...okay, a little less sweetness would have been preferred, :D but that's just me being emotionally stunted.

I loved the way the romance developed... calmly (most of the time). Alexander never once behaved like a neanderthal towards Wren, and that was vastly appreciated.
I am done with brutes and alpha jerks.

For me the only thing that kept this from being a perfect read was the last pages. I think that cutting a few pages and taking it easy on the sweetness might have helped.
But I really liked it and I do see myself re-reading it! ;)

review 2018-01-16 22:47
First re-read of the year
His at Night - Sherry Thomas

Still a four star read; and surprisingly enough, this time around I didn't hate Vere all that much! Guess I'm going to have to stop calling him 'the rat guy'. ;)