logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Hockey
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-20 22:51
Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3) by R.J. Scott and V.L. Locey 4 Star Review!
Deep Edge - R. J. Scott,V.L. Locey

Trent Hanson is a figure skating phenom adored by millions around the world. His whole life has been dedicated to the sport he loves even when the sport - and his own family - have turned against him. From the playground to the Olympics to his parent’s living room, Trent has fought against bullies and homophobes to be the out and proud gay man he is. But the constant fighting has left Trent tired, lonely, and skittish. All those fears will have to be shelved though when he’s hired to spend the summer working with the Harrisburg Railers ice hockey team. Who would have guessed that the man fate has decided to pair him off with is Dieter Lehmann, all-around sex god and a man who seems to have everything to prove and doesn’t care who he hurts to get what he wants.

Dieter has spent too many years languishing in the minors, and a secret addiction to prescription painkillers means his career is in a downward spiral. His ex is blackmailing him, and he’s close to walking away from it all. But when he’s called up in the run for the Stanley Cup to cover injuries he has a taste of what it’s like playing in the NHL, and he realizes that a place on the Railers’ roster is what he wants more than anything. More than listening to his heart, and even more than caring for the infuriating figure skater who gets under his skin. When he crosses the line to get what he wants, he knows he has lost his way. He has to change, but is it too late for both his career and any chance he might have at love?

Review

Trent and Dieter, sigh, I love sports romance and this series just gets better and better.

Here we have two athletes, one from hockey and one from Olympics level figure skating. They both have been dedicated to their fields since they were childern.

Trent has lost all his money.... because...can't tell you. But as he provide supports for his mother, grandmother, and an LGBTQA youth center, things suck.

He meets Dieter when agrees to a reality show that will follow him cross training hockey players.

Dieter is a mess. He has a pain killer addiction going on and is in and out of denial. We get a realistic look at the think of an addict and an arc into recovery. In Trent's step father and mother, we get to see the chaos addiction (though of another kind) plays on a family.

This isn't an easy love story but Trent is amazingly well drawn and Dieter really because a wonderful partner during the course of the book.

The secondary characters and families are wonderful and we even get Filipino food through Trent's wonderful quirky grandmother.

Can't wait for Stan's book!

review 2018-04-10 07:10
Release Blitz w/Review - Misadventures With A Rookie

Misadventures With A Rookie by Toni Aleo is the HOT HOCKEY romance you've been waiting for! AVAILABLE NOW!

Amazon → http://amzn.to/2tD0VgT

iBooks → http://bit.ly/2EeqvLE

Kobo → http://bit.ly/2C9eJEW

Google → http://bit.ly/2CogafA

Winning has always come naturally for stud ice hockey defenseman Gus “the Bus” Persson. On the ice or off, he’s never had any trouble scoring, racking up goals—and girls. As the best player in his rookie class and the number-one draft pick of the Malibu Suns, he’s taking his game to the next level and is justifiably full of swagger. So why does one of the Suns’ ice girls treat him like he’s invisible?

Bo St. James doesn’t have time for rookie hotshots who think their gloves don’t stink. She knows them, she works with them, she trains them. It doesn’t matter that Gus Persson is the hottest newbie she’s ever seen. She knows his type. She’s got big plans of her own, and she’s not going to let some cocky rich kid athlete keep her from her goals.

But there’s a chemistry between them they cannot deny. A lust that burns so hot, it threatens to melt the very ice on which they make their livings. The game has changed for both of them. Together, can these two play to win?

Misadventures of a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)Misadventures of a Rookie by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #11, in the Misadventures series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To enjoy this fun series, I recommend reading all of the books. The order is not necessary, as they are all individual stand alone stories.

Gus and Bo literally run into one another on the ice. From the very moment they meet the sparks start to sizzle until the heat begins to build. They are both attracted to one another and even with their differences it is obvious right from the start.

Bo is sick of athletes who think they are a gift from God. She is not pleased with how Gus comes across. The past may prevent her from being happy if she can't learn to see him as himself and not the jerk who hurt her.

Lots of heat! This story begins with the sparks and just gets hotter from there. As these characters get to know one another things smooth out a little. There are even a few surprises thrown in to make it a little more interesting. I thought it was a fun read and a great add to the series.

***This ARC copy was given in return for an honest review only.

About the Author:

My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork.

I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.

I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, scrapbooking, and reading the latest romance novel.

I have a slight Disney and Harry Potter obsession, I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, I might have been a Disney Princess in a past life… probably Belle.
… and did I mention I love hockey?

Connect with Toni!

Bookbub: http://bit.ly/2yGqqR6

review 2018-04-10 06:15
Hot
Misadventures of a Rookie - Toni Aleo

This is book #11, in the Misadventures series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To enjoy this fun series, I recommend reading all of the books.  The order is not necessary, as they are all individual stand alone stories.

Gus and Bo literally run into one another on the ice.  From the very moment they meet the sparks start to sizzle until the heat begins to build.  They are both attracted to one another and even with their differences it is obvious right from the start.

Bo is sick of athletes who think they are a gift from God.  She is not pleased with how Gus comes across.  The past may prevent her from being happy if she can't learn to see him as himself and not the jerk who hurt her.

Lots of heat!  This story begins with the sparks and just gets hotter from there.  As these characters get to know one another things smooth out a little.  There are even a few surprises thrown in to make it a little more interesting.  I thought it was a fun read and a great add to the series.

***This ARC copy was given in return for an honest review only.

review 2018-04-02 00:57
Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers #4) by R.J Scott) and V.L. Locey
Poke Check - V.L. Locey,R. J. Scott

tanislav “Stan” Lyamin is happy playing for the Railers. The towering goalie is well-loved, respected, and making a home for himself even though that home only contains him, his cat, and his growing Pokemon trading card collection. Stan prefers it that way. He’d given his heart to a man in a secret affair, and that man walked away, leaving Stan shattered. Now Erik is back in his life, and he has the same tumultuous effect he had on Stan’s heart as before. This time it’s not just a kissable mouth and sweet blond curls that Erik has brought to Harrisburg, there’s a soon-to-be ex-wife and a precious baby. Despite the vow Stan made to hate Erik forever, he’s now finding it harder and harder to turn away.

Erik Gunnarsson’s dream had always been to play in the NHL, he just never imagined he’d land a contract with the Railers. Who would have thought that fate would put him on the same team as Stanislav Lyamin; the man whose heart he’d callously broken?

Secrets and lies had defined their summer relationship, and the choice that Erik made to end it all haunts him still. In the middle of a messy divorce and with a baby in tow, Erik finds himself back in Stan’s life. Now all he has to do is be the best dad he can be, prove to the team that he deserves the chance to stay on the roster and try his hardest to get Stan to forgive him. Is it possible to persuade a man who hates you to give love a second chance?

Review

I really liked Stan and Eric. I was super excited about this book and I enjoyed it.

I like everything that is here but to be a really great read, more detail, and more couple time, and more exploration was needed.

The writers are in a tricky spot because Stan's English is not great, he doesn't speak Swedish, and Eric's Russian is basically nil.

However, when we are in Stan's head things work well and this is a lovely alternating point of view book.

I just needed more complexity to really feel the love between these two great heroes
review 2018-03-18 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Virgin Territory

Practice Makes Perfect

Patrick “Patch” Donnelly has what it takes to be the best goalie in the NHL…if only he could learn to control his temper. When Coach orders him to get his head in the game with private yoga classes, Patch isn’t having it. There’s no way this tough Boston guy would be caught dead downward dog-ing his way to inner peace. But if he refuses, he risks his starting position and the dream he sacrificed everything for, including joining the priesthood.

Yoga instructor Margot Kowalski is over men. After yet another toxic relationship, she’s eager to forget love and focus on growing her business. Doing the Hellions head coach a favor by helping out a troubled player can’t hurt, and it might give her career a high-profile boost. But free-spirited Margot is soon charming the pants off Patch. Literally. Her sassy combination of sweet and sexy proves irresistible to the goalie. Before Patch can give into temptation though, he’ll have to confess his biggest secret:

He’s a virgin.

But Patch is hiding more than sexual inexperience, and his dark past soon threatens to destroy his shot at true love.

About the Book:

Virgin Territory by Lia Riley

Series: Hellions Angels

Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Avon Impulse

Publication Date: March 6, 2018

Amazon  |  Avon Romance  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Google Play  |  iBooks

Margot stood on tiptoe, both hands clutching the front of his t-shirt, and kissed him full on the mouth. Their ragged breaths mingled a moment. He tasted the brown sugar in her lipgloss before she broke free, pressing a quick second kiss to the tip of his nose.

“Go to bed,” she whispered, clearing her throat and stepping back. “And have a great game tomorrow.”

It took every last shred of Patch’s willpower not to close the space again, to consume her. “There’s something else you should know.”

“Shoot.”

“I’m not going to get a lick of sleep if you leave.”

“If I stay, you won’t sleep either,” she shot back, shrugging into her jacket.

“I’ll take those odds.”

She shook her head slowly as if with reluctance. “I’ve got to fold. “Goodnight.”

He took her hand and held it between his own. Her skin was cooler than his. He didn’t like that. He wanted to tuck her against him, warm her up. “Do me a favor and call when you get home. I want to know you got back safe, especially driving on that spare.”

“It’s been a long time since anyone has cared if I got home,” she said with a smile.

“Careful, you might be turning into a gentleman.”

“Don’t get carried away. The things that I want to do to you are far from gentlemanly,” he said in a husky tone.

She rocked her head back and unleashed a frustrated moan. “Quit leading me into temptation. I’m trying to respect your virtue here.”

“My virtue can take a long jump off a short fucking bridge.”

“That might be. But . . .if we end up taking that jump. I want it to be special. That’s important. I want you to feel special.”

Blood rushed to his ears. “Funny, I feel the same way about you.”

“Then we’re in agreement and I’m leaving.” A wicked gleam entered her gaze. “But while you wait for my call, slip into something more comfortable.”

“Like?”

“Nothing at all.”

She blew a kiss, pirouetted, and was gone.

From VIRGIN TERRITORY.  Used with permission of Avon Impulse. Copyright © 2018 by Lia Riley.

Virgin Territory (Hellions Angels, #3)Virgin Territory by Lia Riley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #3, in the Hellions Angels series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and understand the series, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Patrick AKA "Patch" is an amazing hockey player. He also has a temper. This time it may cost him all he holds dear, unless he is willing to meet a certain sexy female in the middle.

Margot is more than willing to help Patch learn the yoga secrets that can help him stay calm. What she doesn't know is in around her he is anything but calm. If she can reach him on another level, she can save his whole career.

This book was amazing! The emotions felt so real. I loved their banter. The pace of the book was nice and steady. The heat and sexy times felt like the author just turned up the thermostat - cause it was HOT!

***This book was given in exchange for an honest review only by its publisher and Edelweiss.

Pinspirations!

Check out Lia Riley's Pinterest board for VIRGIN TERRITORY!

Tour Wide Giveaway:

To celebrate the release of VIRGIN TERRITORY, we’re giving away five paperback copies of HEAD COACH by Lia Riley!

GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS:  Open to US shipping addresses only. Five winners will each receive a paperback copy of Head Coach by Lia Riley.  This giveaway is administered by Pure Textuality PR on behalf of Avon Romance.  Giveaway ends 3/18/2018 @ 11:59pm EST. Avon Romance will send the winning copies out to the winner directly. Limit one entry per reader and mailing address.  Duplicates will be deleted.  CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

About Lia Riley:

After studying at the University of Montana-Missoula, Lia Riley scoured the world armed only with a backpack, overconfidence and a terrible sense of direction. She counts shooting vodka with a Ukranian mechanic in Antarctica, sipping yerba mate with gauchos in Chile and swilling fourex with stationhands in Outback Australia among her accomplishments.

Author Links

website facebook twitter goodreads Amazon icon

This post is brought to you by:

PTPR New Logo - Email 2