logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Hockey
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-03-30 19:24
The Great Book of Ice Hockey by Bill O'Neill & Ryan Black
The Great Book of Ice Hockey: Interestin... The Great Book of Ice Hockey: Interesting Facts and Sports Stories (Sports Trivia 1) - Bill O'Neill,Ryan Black

When you miss hockey, what else is there to do but read a book on hockey facts.
I'm glad I did too!
I've been watching hockey for most of my life. I have been a Toronto Maple Leaf fan since 1992. Beyond the Leafs, I didn't really know much about any other players or teams. I may have heard of stars like Terry Sawchuck, but I really knew nothing about him.
This book changed all of that.
I learned so much about certain players, and teams, including the para-olympic hockey sport of sled hockey.
Shows you really are never too old to learn something new about something you love.
A great book for fans!!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/03/the-great-book-of-ice-hockey-by-bill.html
review 2020-03-29 15:52
Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2) by: Mira Lyn Kelly
Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2) - Mira Lyn Kelly

Kelly continues to keep her readers guessing. From a beautiful surprise to a tragic inspiration. There's never a dull moment with the characters she dreams up. Dirty Hookup turns frenemies into what could be something more. Quinn and George are the best kind of romance, because despite the obvious sparks, nothing is smooth sailing. Both author and characters make your heart work to get to a happy ending. Fire and ice ignite an unpredictable flame.

review 2020-03-22 06:48
Blindsided
Out On The Ice - Lane Hayes

This is book #5, in the Out In College series.  This story can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Colby meets Sky in a summer class.  They start as enemies, or so Colby thinks.  Once they do get to know each other, the attraction intensifies and nearly burns him up.

Sky has no idea how to fix this confusion with Colby.  It does not seem he will ever have a chance to be more.  Is what he is feeling enough to take a chance on someone for a future?

This was a solid addition to the series.  In the long awaited Hockey version, the MC's are both busy with their own sports and schedules when they meet in class. I loved the banter.  I found the pace good, the heat at a good level, and the story read so good I could not put it down.  I give this read a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2020-03-20 14:51
Checked (Gold Hockey Book 7) by: Elise Faber
Checked (Gold Hockey Book 7) - Elise Faber

Faber throws readers off their game with humor and delivers heart to back it up. Checked is a fight to the finish that thrives from it's unpredictability. With two strong personalities, things tend to get hotter than a jalepeno on the fourth of July. Sexy and sassy make irresistible.

review 2020-03-08 17:30
GAME CHANGER by Rachel Reid
Game Changer - Rachel Reid,Rachelle Goguen
Scott Hunter, closeted captain of the NHL New York Admirals, meets Kip at the local smoothie shop when Kip makes a lucky smoothie for Scott.  Attracted Scott goes back and they begin a secret affair.  It all comes to a head during the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I enjoyed this story.  I liked Kip.  He was funny and truthful.  I could understand Scott's hesitation and fear.  I liked Kip's family and friends who were supportive.  His dad was a shocker.  It was a fun book and I look forward to more in the series.