logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Hockey
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-21 04:10
Right
Slap Shot: An Aces Hockey Novel - Kelly Jamieson

This is book # 5 in the Aces Hockey series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Kendra meet Max at a wedding.  The chemistry if off the charts right from the get go.  The timing however, seems off.  She is beginning to feel like it was just a one off.

Max wants more from Kendra, but his issues from losing his wife are still there.  He is hoping to heal, and Kendra is a big part of that.  Her touch soothes him.

This was an amazing story.  So much was in it with surprises and fun.  The banter is delicious.  The heat was right on, and the story just flowed really well.  I give this book a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-09-19 06:30
My heart
Lucas: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) - Sawyer Bennett

This is book #8, in the Cold Fury Hockey series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and for complete understanding of this sexy series - I recommend reading this series in order.

Stephanie is working in an interim position.  At a major charity event, she meets someone who can change her whole life.  If she has the courage to let him in.

Lucas meets Stephanie at an event.  He is drawn to her immediately.  They do not really have much in common.  But neither can stay away....

This book makes me wish there are more starts to give.  I really enjoyed reading this story, and it is an excellent add to the Cold Fury series.  I literally laughed, while I cried reading this amazingly sexy book.  I found the characters real, and very fun.  I give this story a very excited 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-09-14 02:31
Lucas: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) - Sawyer Bennett

Book 8 gives us Lucas Fournier, Max's younger brother.  Luc enjoys his life of hockey, partying and woman and has no interest in settle down just yet.  When Luc is traded to the Cold Fury, he is excited to be playing with his brother and the possibility of winning the Stanley Cup.

While at a team function, Luc flirts Stephanie Frazier, the Museum curator.  One thing leads to another and the two of them find themselves leaving the museum for a night of intense pleasure.  Imagine Luc's surprise when Stephy shows up four weeks later with the news that she is expecting and that's where the fun begins.

Luc comes from a very close and loving family.  While it may not be the perfect time to have a kid, he finally accepts the news.  He explains to Stephy that he wants to be very involved in everything.  This throws Stephy for a loop.  She is used to having to do everything for herself, since she doesn't have a family in the true sense of the word.

I loved Luc.  He was such a great fun and sexy guy.  He rushed head first into the pregnancy with such great excitement.  Stephy reacted very differently.  While she knew she wanted to keep the baby, she just wasn't sure she would be a good mom.  Stephy is very guarded with her life because of her past.  Stephy doesn't let anyone in and certainly doesn't accept any help from others so she is very wary of Luc.  The two of them agree to relationship of mutual pleasure until the baby is born.  Of course this leads to deeper feelings on both of their parts.  Luc wants it all with Stephy, but because of her past, she can't.  It was a VERY long and emotional road for Luc and Stephy to get to their happy ever after, but it was certainly worth it.

I really enjoyed Luc's little sister, Simone.  She is going to be a real ball buster and I can't wait for her story with Van!

review 2017-09-12 03:46
An instant attraction that kept me reading.
Breakaway: A Pilots Hockey Novel - Sophia Henry

I did not want to stop reading this story. Luke's past and how it affected him then and now touched my heart. Bree's openness, honesty, and generosity had me cheering for this couple. There were times when I had tears in my eyes, when a giggle escaped unguarded, and when I held my breath that it would be too much. These two are meant to be together, and I cheered for them. I highly recommend this book as well as the series, and I look forward to more from this author.

I received a copy of this book through Netgalley, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-09-09 13:47
Score
Coach's Challenge - Avon Gale

This is book # 5 in the Scoring Chances series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding of the series, I recommend reading in order.

Shane gets his last season on a team he did not even want.  In a place he has to move to - far away from family and friends.  He is unsure if he should even make an effort to make friends.  He will only have this last season.

Troy is tired.  He is tired of being thrown players who do not care.  Tired of having an assistant who knows nothing of the sport.  Tired of being alone.  Then Shane arrives, and its all he can do to keep his heart from beating so wild.

This story has so much to it.  These characters are rich, deep, and sometimes dark.  I was really impressed with the author's ability to lay it on the line.  I love such honesty from the characters and feel like this is a book I could read again and again.  Great addition to the Scoring Chances series.  I hope we get more books!  I give this one a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!