logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Humor
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-02-21 08:10
Chances
The Heartbreaker - Carly Phillips

This is the 3rd book in The Chandler Brothers series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For avoiding spoilers, and to enjoy the series, I recommend reading these in order.

Chandler has waited a long time for his chance at love.  Who knew it would come along in a barrel of lust over a red-headed woman?  There may be a few stipulations too.  So hopefully he can keep her safe.....

Sloane is a strong woman.  Even she gets rocked like a punch in the guts when secrets get revealed.  Good thing there are big, strong men to hold onto.  Chandler may be the remedy the doctor ordered.

This is the final story in the Chandler Brothers trilogy.  This family had given us laughter, heartwarming moments, sizzling chemistry, and most of all a bunch of book boyfriends to drool over.  I enjoyed laughing and crying my way through.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

review 2021-02-17 00:22
Chemistry
The Bachelor - Carly Phillips,William Dufris

Roman has come home because his mother's health is not as well as it used to be.  Not wanting her to have more problems, he and his brothers cook up a scheme to get her grandchildren........ finally.  Roman's first thought? It's about Charlotte.

Charlotte wants to not feel the electrical chemistry that strikes her whenever Roman is near.  It's been ten years, and still her body reacts as if it were only minutes before.  She is trying to get her shop to be successful, she does not have time for distractions.  Her body has other plans, however, and they involve Roman.

This book has stood the test of time.  Though this was not my first read through, it was a delight to come back to characters I have loved all along.  This Chandler Brothers series is a hot mess of fun, chemistry, and family.  Still worth reading, only now it has a new sexy cover to go with it.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2021-01-08 04:19
Review: You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir - Joss Whedon - foreword,Felicia Day,Felicia Day,Simon & Schuster Audio

This was amazing. It was funny, as expected, but also sad. I love how Felicia grew up "weird"; I feel like we all grow up in varying degrees of weird. It's what makes us who we are. It was fascinating hearing, in her own words, in her own voice, her childhood, her initial trip into the interwebs, her gaming obsession. It was sad to hear about her descent into depression, and the decline of not only her mental health but her physical heath. Her slow journey back to to good form was heartening. Creating her webshow and learning all it entailed was surprising and it made me so happy that she never gave up and ended up with own company. Sometimes I forget she was behind Geek & Sundry. We're not even going to talk about internet trolls and especially not gamer gate. This look into Felicia's life, a person who's content, I have greately enjoyed over the years was super fun and I think I got misty-eyed a time or two. I have the paperback and the audiobook and I find listing to the audio by the author always makes the read/listen that much better. This did not disappoint.

show activity (+)
review 2020-12-03 07:00
Seven Kinds of People You Find in Bookshops
Seven Kinds of People You Find in Bookshops - Shaun Bythell

Having read his first two books, I was surprised when this arrived at how small it was.  But good things / small packages and all that.  It may be a small, slim volume, but it's spot on and hilarious.  I've never owned a bookshop (yet) but I recognise these people from time spent in bookshops - and a library or two - everywhere.  I found myself reading most of it aloud to my husband, and we took turns naming those we know who fit Bythell's descriptions a little too well, inside or outside a bookshop.

MT self-identified with type 3 of the Homo qui desidet or Loiterer, sub-type The Bored Spouse (though in his defense, he just buys his books way too fast).  I was relived not to have identified with the American sub-type of Family Historian, since I leave all that stuff to my mom, who is a first generation American, so comes by it honestly, at least.  I'd like to think I fall firmly in the bonus category of Cliens Perfectus as I generally enter a bookshop, talk to nobody, browse everything, and almost never leave without a stack, and the idea of haggling is one I find personally abhorrent, but then, doesn't everyone think they're the Perfect Customer?

All in all, a fun way to spend a few hours as long as you have a healthy sense of humor about humanity.

review 2020-09-25 22:54
Finally
Can't Get You Out of My Bed (Love & Luck #6) - Isla Olsen

This is book #6 in the Love & Luck series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Ben has been in love with Aidan for as long as he can remember.  He is actively trying to move on with his life.  The problems seems to be with the fact that they run into each other.  Have friends in common.

Aidan has been avoiding going home.  He knows if he does he will come eye to eye and body to body with the very man he loves.  The one he can never seem to get over, no matter how far across the world.

This couple was such a joy to read.  A long time coming, this series is heartwarming, sexy, and seriously fun.  These characters are complex and genuine.  I love reading about them and hope to again.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.