logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Ignite
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-02-23 14:33
#13 - Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi

Going on with my re-read of this series. I think this book is actually my favourite of the original trilogy. I do really like who Juliette is becoming and how she does stand her ground. She is strong and she finally understood that she has the power to change things, and most importantly, she discovered that she is not the only person who is suffering. Her life really sucked, I do agree, but she met people who will make her understand that she is not alone and that other people also had a rough life.

Also, you might guess why it is my favourite… I mean that scene (I guess you all know which one I’m talking about!) Warner is really one of my favourite “villain” of all time; I totally adore his character.

This made me even more excited about the upcoming new series, Restore Me is less than a month away guys !!

show activity (+)
review 2018-01-05 10:12
Ignite (Underground Encounters #3) by Lisa Carlisle
Ignite - Lisa Carlisle
Ignite is the third book in the Underground Encounters series. This time we focus on Lily, a hard-working and driven woman, who goes to Vamps for a celebration. Whilst there, she sees, and hears, the singer of the band, and instantaneous attraction ignites! However, Lily makes him work for it - which I loved. As their relationship progresses, Lily has to keep her secrets, but Nico wants all in. This leads to some friction before decisions can be made.

This book worked really well! It made a nice change for the female to have the paranormal abilities, and the male to be 'normal'. Nico's reaction was completely believable, and so was Lily's. I also loved how the two previous couples made an appearance, and may even be working closely with Lily in the future.

This book was very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt my reading flow. The pace was smooth, and the story flowed from one scene to the other. A short and steamy read, definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/igniteundergroundencounters3bylisacarlisle
review 2017-09-24 00:00
Ignite Me
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi Without a doubt, this will be my favorite series of the year. The writing is evocative and truly phenomenal. And the short story/novella pieces told from Adam's and Warner's POV added a whole other dimension to the story.
review 2017-08-16 00:00
Ignite
Ignite - Karen Erickson Ignite - Karen Erickson

I grabbed this book awhile ago because lots of people raved about it. I'm not sure what I expected, but I thought it would be more...suspenseful? I'm not sure. Ignite is a small town, second chance romance that was a bit boring really.

West bolted out of his tiny hometown the minute he could, but the night before he took off he engaged in a hot make out session with his sister's best friend, Harper. Needless to say when she found out he left town the next day, her pride and heart were battered. Years later, West is back. His plan is to only be back temporarily until he gets a promotion and can move on to bigger and better things. Harper is still living in the town, and after some shake ups in her life, working for her grandmother at the restaurant she owns. West still has the hots for Harper, and I was a little disappointed and how quickly Harper fell for him again. She was rude to him once, then was falling all over him! Have some pride, woman!

West is pretty self centered. He doesn't care that his leaving town hurt his family. He only cares about moving up the ladder and becoming a big wig in the fire fighter world. Harper is lost. She doesn't have a place to live after breaking up with her boyfriend, and since he was also her boss, she doesn't have a job until she starts working for her grandmother. I wanted to like Harper because she is sweet and kind, but she is kind of a doormat. I expected this to be an enemies to lovers but Harper keeps going back to him every time he says or does something stupid! It was maddening.

I almost DNF'ed this book a couple times. Not because it was bad, but because I just didn't care. I think that is almost worse than a bad book. At least a bad book makes me feel something. Ignite made me feel almost nothing. At 50%, I threw in the towel.

• POV: 3rd
  • Tears: no
  • Trope: small town, second chance, firefighter, best friend's brother
  • Triggers: none
  • Series/Standalone: stand alone
  • Cliffhanger: I don't think so, but again, I didn't get that far
  • HEA: Frankly, I don't see these 2 being together as an HEA but whatever

Until Sage by Aurora Rose Reynolds, Hawke by Sawyer Bennett, Where I belong by J. Daniels...then you will probably like Ignite!

Ignite

ibooks-icon amazon-icon-star

imageimage

See full review on The Book Disciple
review 2017-07-25 00:00
Ignite Me
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi 3 stars

"Are you out of your goddamn mind? You think we can take on two hundred soldiers? I know I am an extremely attractive man, J, but I am not Bruce Lee."

"Who's Bruce Lee?"

"Who's Bruce Lee?" Kenji asks, horrified. "Oh my God. We can't even be friends anymore."

"Why? Was he a friend of yours?"

"You know what," he says, "just stop. Just—I can't even talk to you right now."