logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Immortal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-19 20:11
Immortal Unchained
Immortal Unchained - Lynsay Sands

Argeneau, Book 25

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Sarita Reyes :
Domitian Argenis:
Dr. Dressler, Thorn, Abuela, Mrs Dressler

The Story:

I’m in a less than enthusiastic mood today meaning the shortness of my review is in no way a reflection on the book. I just don’t have the umph to gush.

I quite enjoyed this book. Domitian is a dream life mate. Does he have a brother? Sartia is spitfire who reminds me of my own stubborn nature. Dr Dressler is one of the most despicable villains. I want to rail about some of his grievances however I don’t want to give anything away.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars

review 2018-10-23 19:32
The Immortal Who Loved Me by Lynsay Sands
The Immortal Who Loved Me: An Argeneau Novel - Lynsay Sands

Really enjoyed this one. It was humorous and exciting. The story was still the same - vampire meets his lifemate, starts eating, dreaming about sex, having sex, and so on. But this time the heroine was really sassy and I actually liked the hero. Teenage Stephanie was a terrific character and it so many characters from previous books were present as well. It also tied up the storyline from the previous book.

review 2018-10-07 20:35
The Immortal's Unrequited Bride - Kelli Ireland

Not Ireland or Irish history that I recovnise. I also found myself having to read back a few pages occasionally to find out how I got to where I was reading. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not a good author for me. Ethan Kemp is a healer, a medical doctor and a druid assassin (yeah that didn't sit right with me) who has to plead with a vengeful Lugh (yeah, that either) to release the spirit of his wife from another life Isibéal Cannavan who sacrificed herself to save him in a former life but he died anyway and she reckons she deserves a better life. It just didn't work for me, the relationship, the characters the setting, none of it worked. It was readable but I have no intention of revisiting.

Putting this in Dead Lands, it could also go into Ghost, Spellbound, and Paranormal.

review 2018-09-12 15:03

The Characters:

Abigail Forsythe:
Tomasso Note:

The Story:

Something big is brewing for the Argeneau’s and I need to hurry up and catch up. It was so good to see Tomasso find his lifemate. He deserves a smart and brave chicke like Abigail. They have both had some rough times but together can put them in the past.

The Random Thoughts:

It’s been more than two years since I’ve read an Argeneau book, I guess that cliffhanger hurt me more than I realized.

The Score Card:

description

3.5 Stars
review 2018-09-06 19:52
Tuck Everlasting
Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt

Tuck Everlasting is a chapter book that explores the concepts of immortality, life, and death. These are pretty advanced concepts, so I would save this book for an upper grade. I may even let my advanced readers read this independently, or as a literature circle book. According to Fountas and Pinnell, this book would be leveled as a V Level book. This is because it require critical thinking and harsh themes.