logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Immortal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-12 15:03

The Characters:

Abigail Forsythe:
Tomasso Note:

The Story:

Something big is brewing for the Argeneau’s and I need to hurry up and catch up. It was so good to see Tomasso find his lifemate. He deserves a smart and brave chicke like Abigail. They have both had some rough times but together can put them in the past.

The Random Thoughts:

It’s been more than two years since I’ve read an Argeneau book, I guess that cliffhanger hurt me more than I realized.

The Score Card:

description

3.5 Stars
review 2018-09-06 19:52
Tuck Everlasting
Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt

Tuck Everlasting is a chapter book that explores the concepts of immortality, life, and death. These are pretty advanced concepts, so I would save this book for an upper grade. I may even let my advanced readers read this independently, or as a literature circle book. According to Fountas and Pinnell, this book would be leveled as a V Level book. This is because it require critical thinking and harsh themes.

review 2018-08-29 03:23
good book and characters
Immortal Danger - Cynthia Eden

Maya had been attacked by a vampire and within a minute he had his fangs in her neck and she wa on the ground she did manage to get her gum and shot ho with bullets that had been in holy water and the vampire did die.  But Maya came back a monster as far as she was concerned she was now a vampire but she had been a cop so now she went around killing her own kind who hurt innocent humans. She also took down demons, shifters and whatever got in her way. Five years later Adam kept j=his eyes on his prey, he had been watching her for days. He watched as she prowled the streets at night, as she fed, as she fought, Even as she killed. There had been whispers about Maya for years. Tales of the vampire who hunted her own kind. There was a price on her head but for five years no one had collected the bounty on her head. The cops had learned long ago to hide the supernatural activities from the larger society. The vamps could hide in plain sight. Adam followed Maya   Adam followed Maya into a feeding room, When he found Maya he was extremely attracted to her but he didn’t want to sleep with her he wanted to use her. Then Adam grabbed Maya’s arm and told her he needed her help. Maya was mad as she told Armand someone attacked her day watcher Sean. Then a huge guy just beyond the stage said it was him and Adam felt this was a level ten demon - a very old one - an ancient. The baddest of his kind.the level ten demons were monsters who slaughtered women and children for fun. Bathed in blood, had unbelievable strength, and sometimes lived forever as long as the demon didn’t lose his head. They feared no one. Yet Maya managed to behead the demon with his own hand. Adam wants to hire Maya to help him find his niece who is nine years old and named Cammie. To track the kidnappers. Cammie has been taken by one of the Born- a vampire so powerful he’s almost impossible to kill.  Maya is intrigued as well as attracted to Adam. She isn't sure what he is though but not human as he has no scent. Maya has been betrayed by someone she used to trust- an ex lover- as well as someone else and the local werewolf pack is after her.

I really enjoyed this paranormal novel. I loved Maya and Adam together and how they interacted and I loved it wasn’t an instant/ lust/love romance.  I really liked the plot and the fast pace. This book had: vampires, demons, werewolves, action, danger, intrigue, suspense, kidnapping of a nine year old child, betrayal, a cop turned to vampire who kills vampires and other paranormals, a lot of fighting and so much more. I loved how Maya never thought of herself as a hero actually the opposite. I loved I loved how Maya helped others who weren’t able to help themselves. I really liked the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend.

review 2018-08-28 10:00
Release Day Review! Immortal Danger by Cynthia Eden!
Immortal Danger - Cynthia Eden

WHO NEEDS AN APP WHEN YOU CAN PAY IN BLOOD?

Once, Maya Black was a badass cop patrolling the streets of L.A. She still keeps the city safe, but these days her bad guys of choice include demons, werewolves, and assorted nocturnal scum. Something Maya knows a thing or two about. She's a vampire--and not thrilled about it. Payback meet bitch.

Adam Brody hopes Maya is as dangerous as they say she is. He needs her to help rescue his niece Cammie from a ruthless band of vamps, and he's willing to pay--in blood. Trusting her is another matter. Adam has never met a vampire who doesn't lie. Then again, he's never met anyone like Maya, who fills him with a desperate need that ignites into explosive, no-holds-barred encounters . . .

"A wild, adventurous ride readers will love!"
--New York Times bestselling author Angela Knight

Maya Black is not thrilled with being a vampire, but she’ll make the most of it by hunting demons, werewolves and other assorted nocturnal scum in order to keep the city safe. He hopes that Maya is as dangerous as they say she is because Adam Brody needs her help and he’s willing to pay in blood.

This dangerously thrilling and adventurous read keeps readers glued to the pages and hanging on to the edge of their seats with lots of exciting action and intriguing suspense. The fast paced and smooth flowing plot never has a dull moment as Maya and Adam pursue the really bad vampires that kidnapped Adam’s niece and they come across werewolves that out for blood and chameleons determined to guard the vampires’ lair.

This exciting read has it all, explosive battles, an adventurous journey, mean and bad demons, red hot passion, sizzling chemistry and two very strong and charismatic characters that really charm and delight readers with their story. The relationship between Maya and Adam is quite volatile with lots of attitude and electrical sparks that fly from the pages as they try to work out their differences, despite the secrets and tangled emotions that they each have.

A well developed and fascinating world with a variety of bold supernatural characters that has lots of attitude that readers can practically feel leaping from the pages, especially since the author painted such vivid images that readers can easily imagine each and every scene as they become caught up story that has an overall enthusiastic feel that readers can appreciate.

Author - https://cynthiaeden.com/books/immortal-danger/

Add Immortal Danger to your shelves at:

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37507113-immortal-danger

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/immortal-danger-by-cynthia-eden

Available in print or ebook at:

Kensington paperback - http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/36687

Kensington - ebook -

Amazon - http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0758226063/cynthiaeden-20

B&N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/?ean=9780758240682

BaM - http://www.booksamillion.com/product/9780758240682

GPlay - https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=TEmHubRTjyEC&PAffiliateID=1011lnXQ&pcamrefid=cynthiaeden-20

iBooks - https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book/id963000957?mt=11&uo=6&at=1l3vpNn&ct=cynthiaeden-20

IndieBound - http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780758240682

Kobo - http://www.kobobooks.com/search/search.html?q=9780758240682

Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award . Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia is a “hybrid” author. She has published extensively with New York (her New York publishers include Avon, Kensington, Grand Central, and Harlequin), and she has also enjoyed success in her indie writing career.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and chocolate. Her favorite hobbies including hiking in the mountains (searching for waterfalls) and spelunking.

Website - http://www.cynthiaeden.com/

InstaGram - http://www.instagram.com/cynthiaedenauthor/

Pintrest - http://www.pinterest.com/cynthiaeden/

review 2018-08-26 23:34
Marking Time (The Immortal Descendants #1) by April White
[ { MARKING TIME: THE IMMORTAL DESCENDANTS } ] by White, April (AUTHOR) Nov-05-2012 [ Paperback ] - April White
Saira Elian grew up moving every two years and so she has learned to be independent. At this point, Saira is pretty sure that she can handle anything that life throws at her but she didn't count on falling through a graffiti tag and ending up back in Victorian times.  The 17 year old Saira suddenly finds herself gearing up to battle Jack the Ripper and learning that the world is so much more complicated than she ever thought it was. Being a descendant of immortals and in her case, a descendant of Time  and apparently the one fated to bring the families together, means that Saira is going to have to race against time if she is going to save her mother. Thankfully, for the first time in her life, Saira has friends that she can count on and a vampire who has loved her for well over 100 years.

I have never been a fan of YA, so I had my doubts when I picked up Marking Time but I'm happy to report that I quickly fell into the story and cannot wait to find out what journey White takes her characters on. I will admit to having my doubts about Saira at first but as White reminded us how stark and independent her childhood was, it makes sense that she would chafe under the suddenly imposed rules of a relative that she had never met, and being forced out of her comfort zone to embrace things like dressing for dinner and attending an exclusive boarding school.

There is a strain of romance running through this story. When Saira first meets Archer, she has no idea who he is and how much he will come to mean to her.  It would be a mistake going into this believing that it is a paranormal romance because while the love story is important to the entire narrative, it isn't the point to the story.  I have to admit to not being a fan of teenage girls being paired with vampires hundreds of years older than them but this is mitigated somewhat by the fact that when Saira develops a relationship with Archer in the past, he is human and actually not much older than her. It's one of the few iterations of vampire/teenage girl that doesn't feel completely predatory.

I'm absolutely fascinated with the world that White built.  There are shifters, vampires, werewolves, time travelers and people who can see the future.  I really cannot wait to learn more about the immortals who created these unique descendants. Because the world is so rich, there are so many directions that White can take the story, particularly if she chooses to focus on the war between the descendants themselves, or take the story into the future.

I know I've gushed just a little bit but there are a few problems with Making Time.  The first book in every series sets up the universe and establishes the rules for what the characters can and cannot do but I do believe that White got bogged down with the details when she started discussing DNA and creating a scientific explanation for how and why the descendants are the way that they are. It was the only time I found myself skipping the page and I really felt that it added nothing to the story to speak of.

Being in Victorian England meant that Saira found herself in a world in which men and women were forced into rigid gender roles. I love that she didn't instantly comply with what was expected and stayed true to who she is - a modern woman.  Every time that Ringo and Archer worried for her reputation, she was quick to push it aside. I further love that Saira dressed in a masculine fashion in order to have the freedom that she required to what she needed to do. White made it clear that the choice to pass as male is something that many an enterprising young woman chose to do in order to free themselves from strict moral and gender codes. Marking Time easily passed the Bechdel test and it was good to see Saira form relationships with men and women equally, even if the routine at the schools sometimes weighed down the story.

White used Ringo to do a small interrogation of class.  Far too often when we have time travel books, they focus on the upper class but in this case, White decided to look at the precarious lives of the poor in Victorian England.  Ringo actually had to sneak into his home each nigh because it wasn't a legal lodging and he could only have a fire to stave off the cold at certain times.  Ringo also couldn't read and so Saira and Archer had to teach him. Even Archer, who did have some class privileges was forced into the seminary simply because he's the second son.

Source: www.fangsforthefantasy.com/2018/08/marking-time-immortal-descendants-1-by.html