logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Into-the-Wild
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-11-24 22:30
Wild Creatures in Winter (Old Homestead #4)
Wild creatures in winter - Neil Wayne Northey

Wild Creatures in Winter is the fourth and final volume Neil Wayne Northey’s Old Homestead series.  Like the previous volumes in the series this is a quick and pleasant children’s book that follows the lives of numerous animals that inhabit the area around the series’ titular location.  Unlike the previous three books that could be read out of order, this book needs to be read last as all the animals followed were previously introduced in the other books in the series.  Yet despite this one difference from the other books, it’ll still provide enjoyment to young children either reading on their own or being read to by their parents.

show activity (+)
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-11-22 15:33
Too Tough to Tame
Too Tough to Tame (A Wild Hearts Romance) - Deborah Camp

My reviews are honest & they contain spoilers. For more, visit:

I’ve become a fan of Deborah Camp’s writing since I read Solitary Horseman. She’s one of my go-to authors when I think of western historical and rightly so, cause her stories are generally engaging with hot heroes and adorable heroines. But this new series that I’ve recently started titled Tough Man/Too Tough, I have a very mixed feelings about book 1, Too Tough to Tame.

This series and it’s installments were first published in the mid 90s and it showed some of that dated scenario where things are sometimes rather over the top and you just have to come to terms with that it wasn’t written for the more contemporary readers. I’m not saying Too Tough to Tame is a typical bodice ripper. It’s not, because there are only a few murders and no rape at all (well nothing that actually happened in the story). Violence is very limited. In fact, the author’s writing is pretty good so it shows a consistency of her brilliance where her writing is concerned. But those over the top moments sometimes made things too cheesy for me. I don’t even know if it makes any sense but I laughed and eyerolled quite a bit at their gestures, banters and thought seesh how silly!.

But on the brighter side, I don’t remember about reading a hero with Native American heritage—not for quite a while at least—which was a breath of fresh air, a change of scenario for me.

Tess Summers lives in the town of False Hope, Montana which is rather closer to the Native American territory. The Blackfeet have always clashed with the local people for various reasons and the situation can be very tense at times. There were mention of other tribes but they seemed to be the prominent ones in this story. Maybe because our H is one of them. :) Now Tess is a spinster, though not without her own secret dreams and wishes. But in this backwater town, the type of men she daydreams about are hard to come by. She lives with his brother, John, who is the sole doctor of the town. She’s more like his helper; nurse and everything else that he might need when he’s working from patient to patient. He’s recently married but his wife is a showpiece rather than anyone practical, so Tess even had to work as their housemaid i.e., cooking, cleaning etc. Anything you can think of.

review 2018-11-07 12:22
Driving Whiskey Wild by Melissa Foster
Driving Whiskey Wild - Melissa Foster

Oh. My! I love every book I have read by Melissa, but I have to admit her Whiskey series is the one for me. After Reading Tru Blue and Truly Madly Whiskey, I could not wait to get my hands on Bullet Whiskey’s story and boy did Melissa not disappoint me one bit.

You would think a corny line like  ‘Come take a ride the Bullet train’ would be totally laughable (and it is), but for Bullet that straight up is his line to Finlay and you know what, as corny as it may be, if he said to me it would totally work!

Bullet is a big hulk of a guy, but boy are looks deceiving as Finlay soon finds out. She has moved back after losing her boyfriend and father to start a fresh and be near her sister Penny. Tasked with the job of helping redesign the Whiskeys bar she ultimately has to work with Bullet. The two of them couldn’t be more opposite if they tried, yet as with Melissa’s books she is the master of opposite attraction. Bullet and his whole family are bikers who’s father founded the Dark Knights MC, but these bikers are different than the usual term “biker” conjures up. Bullet has the biggest heart and will do anything for anyone and protect his family and loved ones at all costs.

The attraction was instant for both, and with Bullet suffering from PTSD Bullet he not without his troubles, and Finlay has been trough her own fair share of trauma, but these two coming together helps both on them heal.

Another amazing book from Melissa and now  I cant wait for Bones story!

review 2018-10-20 08:58
Audiobook Review: Colton (Wild Men, #1) by Melissa Belle (Author), Jeremy York (Narrator), Lacy Laurel (Narrator
Colton (Wild Men, #1) - Jeremy York,Lacy Laurel

Colton brings a hint of sentiment to a risque romance. Sky is the girl that got away. Colton is the boy she can't seem to forget. What began as a teenage infatuation takes ten years to blossom into more. With the written talents of a hopeless romantic like Melissa Belle and the suave vocal stylings of Laurel and York, it's easy to understand why this duo lays claim to the heart.

review 2018-10-14 00:14
Wild and Free by Kristen Ashley
Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3) - Kristen Ashley

Way too long. I was bored out of my mind and forced myself to read it. Also, it's really bad when I'm more interested in other characters than the main couple. I liked Yuri and Aurora a lot more and wanted to read more about them.
Why do they have to call their women bitches? Every time Abel said it, I wanted to punch him in the face. Repeatedly. Abel and Lilah also had so many sex scenes that I started skipping these. I waited for the golem attack and then didn't "see" any of the action because I was forced to sit in the basement with a group of women drinking tea. Such a disappointment.
Loved the world, liked the side-characters, and didn't care much about the main couple.
2.5 stars