logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Jackson-series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-04-07 14:34
Review: The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)by Rick Riordan
The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan

Syno

It's not everyday you find yourself in combat with a half-lion, half-human.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...

My Thoughts

It has been a while since I read book two, but it was super easy to get back into the world of Percy Jackson and his friends. Thanks to the great writing and in-story recap I never had the feeling that I have forgotten much, despite the long tome between the books.

Annabeth pretty disappeared during one of their adventures. Of course they have to go save her but that is never just that easy and many things fall into the way and trying not only to stop them but kill them.

Of course I still like Percy , I think I like him so much because he is just so “normal’ everyday struggles and just plain down to earth. But of course that often gets him in trouble, but makes it entertaining to say the least.  We meet some new Demi gods and their story, sooo far and we also meet Athena, goddess of hunt which is actually a bigger part of the story. She come with the hunt and we get to meet some hunters.

Zoey was a bit annoying in the beginning which I think that was by design, but I ended up really loving her.  We also meet Apollo, who is always has been my favorite when it comes to Greek mythology, that being said I really enjoyed his parts.

While the books are aimed at middle grade readers, I think that theses book are just amazing for all ages and will be enjoyed by much older audience as well.

Of course the ending ended on a cliffhanger and made me grave the next book right away, I’m looking forward very much to continue and finish this series.

5 ★ for me

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

Amazon*** B&N *** Kobo

Snoopydoo sigi

review 2018-04-27 14:47
Review:The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan

The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come

Another great, light, funny and quick read with our friend Percy and his friend.
Like the first book I really enjoyed this book. Percy again grows a lot in thus book. Now that he is more familiar with the gods, camp half-blood and such things come easier for him. Well most the time. Other times he still is sometimes walking around with his blinders on lol. He is back with the gang and camp half-blood and its people are once again in trouble and it is up to Percy and crew to safe it.
We meet some new people and even come across, face to face with some of the gods, Some unlikely people become allies and others not so much . I really enjoyed some of the new people we meet and what they brought to the story good or bad ort sometimes just awkwardly funny.
Overall I really enjoyed this light and fun adventure and look forward to the next book in this so far awesome series that the whole family can enjoy. Young or old or just somewhere in the middle ;)
I rate it 5 ★

review 2018-02-19 02:35
Sweet read, redemption, trust, and true love
Slade: Jackson Creek Series - Julie Lence

Such a sweet page-turner! This story showed the power of truth, faith, and redemption. Jill's innocence never kept her from questioning Slade's motives yet she was drawn to him. I loved Slade's honesty despite being an outlaw. It was also nice to have a brief look at familiar characters from a previous series. I recommend this story and look forward to the next in this series.

I received a copy of this story as a gift, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-02-06 14:09
Review: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse—Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena—Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

First of I should say that I have watched the movie that came out few years ago. While the movie was not the best I still enjoyed the story. But that being said I knew a lot of the things happening in book one and not much surprised me but solely because I watched the movie and not because it was super easy to predict. Also I’m much older than the target audience but that did not stop me from loving this book just as much.
I’m not sure what else is there to say that has not been said about this book so I will make it short and sweet.
If you like and are a fan of Greek Mythology than this book is a must read for you. But really anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy this book.
It is packed full, action, plot twist and is hard to put down, It is super easy to get lost in the world with Percy and his friends. All of them are very likable and enjoyable.
Not to mention this book is super funny and had me laughing out loud on many occasions.
All I can say is that I highly recommend this book to anyone, no matter age.
I rate it 5 ★

review 2015-10-30 00:00
Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous Series)
Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous Series) - N.A. Alcorn
LOVED this story!

I had a crazy bought of insomnia last night, so I attempted to finish this book quietly without waking my husband up.
Needless to say.. I ended up waking him up because I was trying to hold my laughter in. I ended up snorting and literally crying (believe me, this was not pretty).
I think my absolute favorite scene in any book (to date) is the part of this book where Ellen is 9 months pregnant and attempting to do yoga with Amy (her best friend) and Lizzy (her sister). This is the scene that woke my husband up with my stifled laughing, and had me cracking up again when he asked me what I was laughing about in the middle of the night....PRICELESS, and SO well written!!!

This story is about Amy, who is introduced in the first book in this series [b:The Infamous Ellen James|19263868|The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous, #1)|N.A. Alcorn|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1386431648s/19263868.jpg|26404790]. She is Ellen's best friend, roommate, and fellow ER nurse at the same hospital Ellen works at.
Amy is broken, and she deals with her problems with avoidance, being a crass-nasty-bossy bitch, and having nothing but one night stands.

Now meet James.
He's an ex-marine, and now an orthopedic surgeon at the hospital where Amy works.
James meets Amy at a charity golf tournament with Trent and Ellen. After getting to know Amy all day, he would like nothing better than to hook-up with Amy.
A misunderstanding causes Amy to absolutely loathe James.
James decides to try a different tactic. He wants to be 'just-friends' with her.
Once they start to spend time together, they realize they have a lot in common and really like one another.
James is now head-over-heels in love with Amy, and thinks she deserves to be loved and cherished... by him.
Amy starts to fall for James, but won't let herself give into her feelings because she doesn't think she can survive losing James even if it's just his friendship.

Will James be able to get past Amy's ironclad walls?

Read this wonderfully well written story and find out.