Here is an old review of mine, perfect for the holiday season!
An overall rating is hard to come by, because I feel like it is not fair to everyone. I rated stories for many different reasons. The lower ratings do not come down to bad writing by any means, but to my tastes, and what type of stories I like. I applaud all these writers and thank them for creating this collection of stories. I will give this a score of 4/5, for all the stories I really enjoyed and all the writer's hard work.
1. Midnights by Rainbow Rowell *****
This is the first thing I have read of Rainbow's and it gave me a really good heartwarming feeling. I wish there was more story for the characters in this short story. 5/5 stars. I read this story on 12/12/15.
2. The Lady And The Fox by Kelly Link **
2 stars does not mean I disliked it, but that it was okay. It was a bit too odd for my tastes. 2/5 stars. I read this story on 12/13/15
3. Angels In The Snow by Matt De La Pena ****
I thought this was cute and I loved the parts the cat was in. I did think the romance part felt rushed. 4/5 stars. I read this on 12/14/15
4. Polaris Is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han ***
I like the writing style, but the story fell short for me. I felt like there should have been more to it. 3/5 stars. I read this on 12/16/15
5. It's A Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins *****
It is no surprise that I really liked this story. I love her writing style. This had me in all smiles and gave me the warm fuzzies. 5/5 stars. I read this on 12/16/15
6. You're Temporary Santa by David Levithan ****
I liked the story. There was a sadness to it though. 4/5 stars. Read on 12/18/15
7. Krampuslauf by Holly Black ***
I enjoyed it, though not as much as some of the others. 3/5 stars. Read on 12/18/15
8. What The Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth by Gayle Foreman ***
I liked it, but not the romance. Too rushed. 3/5 stars. I read this on 12/19/15.
9. Beer Buckets And Baby Jesus by Myra Mcentire ***
One year later, I am resuming this book during December/Christmas time. I really enjoyed this story, but I think I am not a super short story sort of person because I really wanted more details and for it to be longer. However, it was cute. 3/5 stars. I read this on 12/02/16
10. Welcome To Christmas, CA by Kiersten White *****
I loved this story. It was cute and sweet, had drama and a happy, romantic ending. 5/5 stars. I read this on 12/02/16
11. Star Of Bethlehem by Ally Carter ***
Interesting concept for a story, though its been done before. I feel with more details, it would be better. 3/5 stars. I read this on 12/03/16
12. The Girl Who Woke The Dreamer by Laini Taylor ****
I really enjoyed this one and thought Taylor's writing style was wonderful. 4/5 stars. I read this on 12/03/16