logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Laini-Taylor
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-01 22:14
Loved it and can't wait to read Muse of nightmares.
Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor

I loved this book a lot more than I thought I would. I will say until I got use to the author's writing style, the book really dragged for me. But after that and some setting up of the story, the book took off for me. And once that happened, i couldn't and didn't even want to put the book down.

I loved Lazlo and Saria a lot, Lazlo was definitely my favorite thou. I loved that he had a very active imagination and he loves to read books. I have to say I didn't see that ending happening, even though it shouldn't have really surprised me but it still did. I can't wait to see how everything ends, but I am also scared at the same time.

review 2018-10-17 16:05
Umami...
The Muse of Nightmares - Laini Taylor The Muse of Nightmares - Laini Taylor

Warning: Fangirl rant about to commence in 3...2...1...

Laini Taylor is undeniably one of my top 3 favorite authors so please excuse my inelegant, rhapsodic fanaticism. I want to climb a mountain, a skyscraper, or maybe just a really tall tree, and scream out into the ether just how magically delicious this book, series, and author are!!! There needs to be a new rating system just for the likes of Laini Taylor because it is honestly unfair to constrain (and rate) her beautiful mind to just 5 stars. Her words are elegant and transformative. I wish I had the words to express just how transcendental, evocative and savory they are. Umami for your literary taste buds???...I told you I didn't have the right words but if I did, they would illustrate and epitomise how celestial her writing is and by me bombarding you with accurate yet insufficient adjectives, only showcases my inability to communicate just how resplendent this author's mind truly is.

You'll want to devour this read. Climb through the depths of its pages, transform into one of its characters and become one with their world(s). The gamut of Feels she will coax, tease, command from you will amaze you. It will demand and exact a mental tithe from you. Truth be told I liked Strange the Dreamer well enough but this second installment far surpasses it. If I find some more zealously impassioned adjectives to try and label her with I will edit this review but I doubt that will happen. Just go and read it damnit!!

~Enjoy

review 2018-05-19 09:06
#31 - Night of Cake and Puppets
Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone) - Laini Taylor,Jim Di Bartolo

Wow, this book was absolutely amazing. It was one of the cutest books I read this year and I totally needed that. I loved the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and I am so happy to have had this additional story about Zuzana and Mik, it really added something to the story. Zuzana is the only “thing” that connects Karou to the real world and learning more about her was amazing.

Zuzana reminded me a lot of… myself. She is really short (like I’m) and hates the fact that people find her cute and want to pat her head because of it. There was this quote that will definitely be one of my favourite now:

“And I’ve found that since you can’t electrify yourself like a fence, the next best thing is to have murderer’s eyes.”

This is me all the time (my actual boyfriend was kind of scared of me when I was a teenager. I can’t help it, I don’t want to be called cute).

Anyway, I loved having both point of views and learning that Zuzana and Mik were already totally into each other without knowing it. What Zuzana does for him is incredibly brave and romantic.

Also, do I need to talk about the illustrations? These blew my mind! The book is absolutely beautiful, and although the story is amazing on its own, you definitely should buy the book just for those.

I had so much fun reading this and if you love the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, I recommend reading this!

review 2018-01-24 19:48
Monday Mini – Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor @lainitaylor
Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor

I was so excited when I found I had won a hard copy of Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor.

I love the gorgeous cover. How about you?

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)

Goodreads  /  Amazon

MY REVIEW

I was awed and amazed with the excellent world building and the romance that crosses all barriers. The characters are richly developed and complex, each one vital to the story in their own way. I loved everything about this unputdownable fantasy, so I will warn you to start Strange The Dreamer on the weekend, lock all the doors, pull the curtains, and put up the DO NOT DISTURB sign. My only complaint…There is another book and you will need to read it to get all the answers.

“Life won’t just happen to you, boy,” he said. “You have to happen to it.”

I was super excited that I won a copy of Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

The dream chooses the dreamer, not the other way around—and Lazlo Strange, war orphan and junior librarian, has always feared that his dream chose poorly. Since he was five years old he’s been obsessed with the mythic lost city of Weep, but it would take someone bolder than he to cross half the world in search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself, in the person of a hero called the Godslayer and a band of legendary warriors, and he has to seize his chance or lose his dream forever.

What happened in Weep two hundred years ago to cut it off from the rest of the world?

What exactly did the Godslayer slay that went by the name of god? And what is the mysterious problem he now seeks help in solving?

laini. How did he dream her before he knew she existed? And if all the gods are dead, why does she seem so real?

Welcome to Weep.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-strange-dreamer-laini-taylor-lainitaylor
review 2018-01-07 00:00
Strange the Dreamer
Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor,Steve... Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor,Steve West 3.5 stars....