logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Las-Vegas
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-05-14 19:57
Book Review - The Hotshot by Myra Scott
The Hotshot (Vegas Heat, #1)The Hotshot by Myra Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Myra Scott is a new to me author. This is the first book of her new series, Vegas Heat, which is a spin off of another series I hadn't read called Sin City Sentries. The book revolves around the characters Luke and Casey. Luke works for the guys from Sin City Sentries as head of marketing for the Sentry Casino, Casey is a small town firefighter from just outside of Vegas. Both are workaholics but Casey's work ethic comes with baggage from his father and an injury on the job that has left him scarred as well as scared to get involved for fear of being judged by his scar.

Put on a mandatory 2 week leave by his fire chief, Casey ends up hooking up with Luke in an extremely hot interlude in the back of an SUV. The little taste Luke has of Casey leaves him intrigued as well as gives Casey a new outlook on life. Luke tracks Casey down through a dating app and the two set about building a relationship even as Luke is working on the marketing deal of his life. There is some intrigue, some drama and a happily ever after to this book.

The author's style is a bit rough around the edges for me and I found myself noticing a few inconsistencies in both dialogue and voice. There were a few minor plot holes that I noticed and I also found the drama plot of the book a little obvious and contrived - but that may be because I love to read thrillers so I've seen a lot of plots. The author's use of characters from previous books was well explained so I wasn't left scratching my head when they were introduced. But the author does bring the heat with some pretty steamy scenes and I enjoyed how the book ended.

Overall I found this book an enjoyable read. It's a definitely worth a read.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy.

review 2018-04-07 22:05

Rating: Five
Review:

"Vegas Gambler" by Adriana Kraft

My Thoughts....

Again this author knows how to give the readers one heck of a good hot erotic romantic read and yes with partners! So if this isn't your kind of read...beware. We find from the read that Meghan Keenan is visiting with her friend Jack Hawthorne [professional poker player] who lived in Vegas. While Meghan has plans of having some fun by setting up her masseuse Tia Minh as a threesome, however she finds out that their is a boyfriend Tony Sanders. Now there will be a challenge for Meghan in getting everyone together. But was this to be as It seems like Tia has taken a liking to Jack. How will all of this work out for Jack, Tia, Tony and even Meghan? Who will out play who as it seems like Tia has other plans? In the end who will end up with who? I know there are a lots of questions that need to be answered and I will stop here and say to get all of these questions answered and more you will have to pick up "Vegas Gambler" to find out in this delightful 'playhouse' read.

review 2018-01-31 00:00
The Disciple of Las Vegas
The Disciple of Las Vegas - Ian Hamilton Ok, I'm hooked. This is the second Ava Lee novel I've read (in the last week), and I've already got the third and fourth queued up to read next. Like the Water Rat of Wenchai, this one is very difficult to put down. A compelling heroine and equally compelling plot. Well-drawn and distinct characters, well-described settings, and enough plot twists and challenges to test a very capable heroine to her limits.

Highly recommended.
show activity (+)
review 2018-01-03 02:07
Wicked Choice - Sawyer Bennett

Rachel Hart is a bad a$$ mercenary with the Jameson Group. She has never wanted to be that female who settles down and raises a family, but rather the carefree adrenaline junkie looking for her next fun time. After Rachel barely escapes from a life and death mission with her co-worker Bodie Wright, Rachel's emotions are running high, along with a buzz she has from the four shots of bourbon she drank. When Bodie comes to check on Rachel in her hotel room, things quickly from a professional relationship to a lust filled one. What neither of them expected was that this hook up would 1.) knock their socks off and 2.) end up in a pregnancy that neither of them wanted at this point in their lives. After some long discussions, Rachel agrees to carry the baby, but wants nothing to do with raising it. Bodie has decided that he wants this baby and will raise it on his own, but secretly hopes that by the time the baby is born, Rachel will change her mind. In the meantime, they both agree to keep a physical relationship and since they both love their memberships at The Wicked Horse Vegas, it starts to make things more intense. As Rachel and Bodie start to spend more time together, Rachel starts to rethink all the things in her life that she always thought that she wanted and Bodie starts to think he may have just found all the things he has wanted in his life. I really enjoyed Rachel and Bodie. Rachel was such a strong willed female and because of her past, she was very closed up. Bodie on the other hand was such an open and loving guy. Together these two made such a great pair and I really loved the road these two took to get to their happy ending. I'm also excited to see that there will be more books in this series as well as a new spin off series!

show activity (+)
review 2018-01-01 00:54
Yours for the Holidays
Yours For The Holidays (Lovin' Las Vegas Book 7) - Kathy Ivan
I enjoyed the flip flop- Alanna was bid on at a charity auction. She was surprised as the auction had been only men who volunteered. She's known Blake her whole life, being best friends with his sister. She's also been in love with him. Blake with her as well, but didn't handle it well when they were younger, so Alanna's always felt he hated her. So, Blake uses this auction to try win her over. Nice frenemies to lovers story. I liked the end and the close knit families.