logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Legend
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-18 09:41
Early Irish Myths and Sagas, Gantz (Trans.)
Early Irish Myths and Sagas - Various Authors,Jeffrey Gantz

This is a fun collection of Irish pagan Celtic tales translated from the original. Readers unfamiliar with this type of material will probably be struck by the lack of care for modern narrative rules. Those who have read similar tales elsewhere will be familiar with the differing conventions, such as lengthy genealogies, lists and descriptions of warriors and supernatural and magical encounters. There's a nice Introduction to All Things Pagan Celtic and brief individual introductions for each story.

review 2019-02-05 14:41
Legend - Sawyer Bennett

If I didn't know better, I'd think that Sawyer Bennett is really a guy hockey player in real life. She really knows how to write a hockey romance!

This book is Legend Bay's story! After first meeting Pepper Nantais in Erik's story....where Legend and Pepper clashed...you just knew these two would get together. Legend grew up in a military household so he likes his life very orderly. As the goalie for the Arizona Vengeance, Legend follows a very strict regiment that has worked well for him. When Legend moved into his house he didn't realize that his new hot neighbor, Pepper, was so over the top. She likes her life loud and colorful and it drives him nuts. These two love to spar and drive each other nuts but when Legend finds something unusual on his front porch, the first person he goes to for help is Pepper.

As Legend and Pepper deal with this new situation, they grow closer and Legend starts to realize that there is way more to Pepper than he ever realized. Just when it looks like these two are going to get a happy ending. someone from Legend's past has to go and cause trouble. In the long run, it ends up just making Pepper and Legend even closer.

This was a wonderful, fun and sexy story. I loved all of the characters involved and can't wait for Dax and Tacker's stories!

review 2019-02-05 07:10
Blog Tour - Legend

Legend (Arizona Vengeance, Book #3)Sawyer BennettRelease Date: February 5, 2019

Synopsis:

The Arizona Vengeance is hockey’s hottest new team. But hockey’s hottest goalie is learning that even the best players sometimes need an assist.

Everything is clicking for the Vengeance. We may be new, but we’re well on our way to winning the championship, and I’m having the time of my life headlining the sports media as the hottest goalie—hell, player—ever. I for one am going to live up to my name . . . because I am Legend Bay.

Dragging my ass home from the gym, I’m blinded by some gaudy, glowing holiday lights. As usual, my hot-as-hell neighbor Pepper Nantais has gone way over the top. But just as I’m about to tell her off, something else catches my eye . . .

Seems like Santa left me a present, and not one I was expecting.As life takes an unexpected turn, I realize that there’s much more to Pepper than meets the eye. Sure, she’s gorgeous. And exasperating. And her taste in decorating may be a bit . . . unique.

But beneath her carefree demeanor is a fierce determination and a heart of gold. And before I know it I’ve fallen for her. Hard . . .Pepper is exactly the woman I never knew I needed.

Download LEGEND:

Amazon| B&N|iBooks|Google Play|Kobo |Audible

Legend (Arizona Vengeance, #3)Legend by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #3, in the Arizona Vengeance series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Legend and Pepper are neighbors. She annoys him, and he lives for it since he is incredibly attracted to her. When surprised one night, he finds out that Pepper is the friend he never knew he needed.

Pepper has always had a major crush on Legend. She already has other friends in the NHL, and she understands the demands on his time and schedule. When he asks her for help - she does not hesitate.

This series is already amazing. These characters are some of the best yet. All of the main players in this NHL team are great together. This story was a bit of a fast pace with everything happening so fast. I love how all the characters are so interesting and deep.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

About the Author:

Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.A reformed trial lawyer fromNorth Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.Sawyer likes her Bloody Marys strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two.

When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active daughter, as well as full-time servant to her adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or even better, both.Sawyer also writes general and women’s fiction under the pen name S. Bennett and sweet romance under the name Juliette Poe.

Connect with Sawyer:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Book + Main Bites BookBub | Amazon | Newsletter | Master Blogger List

review 2019-02-05 06:20
Maybe
Legend - Sawyer Bennett

This is book #3, in the Arizona Vengeance series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Legend and Pepper are neighbors.  She annoys him, and he lives for it since he is incredibly attracted to her.  When surprised one night, he finds out that Pepper is the friend he never knew he needed.

Pepper has always had a major crush on Legend.  She already has other friends in the NHL, and she understands the demands on his time and schedule.  When he asks her for help - she does not hesitate.

This series is already amazing.  These characters are some of the best yet.  All of the main players in this NHL team are great together.  This story was a bit of a fast pace with everything happening so fast.  I love how all the characters are so interesting and deep.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2018-12-28 00:59
ARC Review: The Legend Of Gentleman John by T.J. Nichols
The Legend Of Gentleman John - T.J. Nichols

I seem to be in the minority with my assessment of this story. I liked it well enough, I suppose, and I was impressed with the author creating a trans (F2M) character in a historical setting. I liked the inclusion of a fantasy element with Banyn, a fae, and his backstory.

I think this book would have worked better for me if it had been a longer story. While the author created a nice timeline, there seemed to be big jumps in time, that especially in the later years of John's story would have perhaps rounded his character out a bit more. We're told of his struggles, the binding of his chest, the monthly bleeding, and the constant fears of being found out, but we're not shown much of it. The story is written with flashback scenes, while John is on the run, bleeding from a wound, and we get to see the beginning of his relationship with Banyn, the progression of their love, and how he ended up in a penal colony on an island off Australia.

There's a melancholy undertone to the book, befitting the story, and I thought it was perhaps a bit too depressing to be a Christmas story, even if John gets his wish and his HEA.

I also quite liked the epilogue - that was a fitting ending to this story.

** I received a free copy of this book from its publisher in exchange for an honest review. **