logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Loveswept
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-03-04 04:29
Growing
For the Win (Wynn Hockey, #4) - Kelly Jamieson

This is book #4, in the Wynn Hockey series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and to fully understand & appreciate the series, I recommend reading these in order.

Harrison AKA "Harry" has found the woman he wants to marry.  Too bad she won't give him even the simplest coffee date.  He is not sure what he has done to turn her off.  Maybe he tried too hard?

Arya has trauma and secrets in her past that she really does not want to share with anyone else.  Her best friend knows and that is enough.  If only she wasn't really attracted to a certain hockey hottie who makes her temperature rise!

This story is told with kindness and humor.  I was impressed as it has some controversial topics that it touches on.  Very realistic, yet such a great story.  The heat is on!  This read was definitely hot, as it should be when we talk about hockey players.  I loved the banter, and the characters brought both gentle and sexy out to play.  I consider this a great read and an excellent addition to the series.  I give this read a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2019-11-18 19:05
Review ~ Disappointing
Blood type - K.A. Linde

Book source ~ NetGalley

Reyna Carpenter finished school, but she can’t find a job. In this world ruled by vampires, her only asset is her blood. So, to ease the burden of her brothers who work long hours in a factory earning little money to support the three of them, she goes to Visage to sign up for the body employment services. In other words, food for vampires. Her brothers would throw a fit if they knew so she didn’t say anything to them. But when she’s there, she discovers she’s eligible for a new program, one where she doesn’t feed a vampire for a month then get time off before rotating to another vampire. This new program is being tested with the wealthy vampires first and she would live indefinitely with her Sponsor. Or until such time as she wanted out of the program or her Sponsor terminates the contract. It pays more, a lot more, so Reyna signs up. Her Sponsor is a top executive at Visage, Beckham Anderson. Beckham is powerful, rich and handsome, but he’s abrupt and acts like he doesn’t even want Reyna in his apartment. That’s when things get even weirder.

This is a fascinating if totally bleak world and it would have been a great story if Reyna and Beckham could have been written better. I really can’t stand Reyna. What a twat. And Beckham is a class A asshole. Sure, there’s some juicy stuff revealed later, but for the most part this story just lacks all around. The bad guys are the best part and I found the blood type thing incredibly interesting. However, it’s mostly blah and meh and, frankly, at times, pretty fucking dumb. I’ll take a pass on the rest of the series.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2019/11/blood-type.html
review 2019-07-23 07:10
Release Blitz - In It To Win It

In It To Win It by Kelly Jamieson is available now!

“Kelly Jamieson is an auto-buy for me.”—Carly Phillips

Amazon -- https://amzn.to/2Y74h7S
Amazon Universal -- mybook.to/InItToWinIt

Wynn family bonds bend but never break. . . .

JP Wynn:

I admit, I’ve made some bad choices—on and off the ice. Now all I want to do is show my team I can control my emotions while I’m playing and redeem myself with my family, especially with my brother, Théo. I hate that I hurt him and I’m determined to stay out of trouble. But the hot bridesmaid at Théo’s wedding is tempting me into another bad decision. A little flirting and a hook up with Taylor seem harmless . . . until Manny Martinez jumps me on the dance floor and starts beating the crap out of me. And just like that I add one more bad decision to my résumé.

Taylor Hart:

I always thought hockey players were hot. Now I think they’re crazy. Manny broke my heart when he got traded to another team and left without even a goodbye. Then he showed up at my best friend’s wedding. All I wanted to do was show Manny that I was over him. And the groom’s sexy brother, JP, seemed more than willing to be my distraction. But after the way everything went down, I want nothing to do with any of them. Easier said than done. Especially when Lacey’s new brother-in-law is always around. . . . And I keep thinking about the wedding night, when we snuck away to his room for the best sex of my life.

ADD TO YOUR TBR -- http://bit.ly/2LHfKYh

In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)In It to Win It by Kelly Jamieson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is #2, in the Wynn Hockey series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Jean Paul AKA "JP" is instantly attracted to Taylor. She is everything he can think of that he wants in a woman. Only she also thinks the worst of him. Then something happens at his brother's wedding that changes it all.

Taylor has never found such a bad boy this charming and sexy. Their time together makes her think he has a better side to him. Something no one sees. Should she try to understand men or hockey players?

This book was just BAM! right from the start so intense, hot, and really good. It sets your heart pumping and then just all heat and action. I found it be quite the rush. These characters are also amazing. Deeper than they seem on the surface and sexier than most this author has brought to the table.

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers, in exchange for an honest review.

About Kelly Jamieson:

Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season!

Connect with Kelly:

review 2019-07-21 23:32
Challenge
In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey #2) - Kelly Jamieson

This book is #2, in the Wynn Hockey series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Jean Paul AKA "JP" is instantly attracted to Taylor.  She is everything he can think of that he wants in a woman.  Only she also thinks the worst of him.  Then something happens at his brother's wedding that changes it all.

Taylor has never found such a bad boy this charming and sexy.  Their time together makes her think he has a better side to him.  Something no one sees.  Should she try to understand men or hockey players?

This book was just BAM! right from the start so intense, hot, and really good.  It sets your heart pumping and then just all heat and action.  I found it be quite the rush.  These characters are also amazing.  Deeper than they seem on the surface and sexier than most this author has brought to the table.  I give this a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2019-04-30 17:14
Review ~ Ugh
Angel in Scarlet: A Bound and Determined Novel - Lavinia Kent

DNF @33%

Book source ~ NetGalley

Miss Angela Ripon thought Matthew Harkness, the Earl of Colton, was going to ask her to marry him. Instead he dropped her like a hot potato. Now she wants revenge. She wants to seduce him until he can’t live without her and when he asks her to marry him, she rejects him. Seeking the advice of Madame Rouge, or Ruby as she’s known by her patrons, Ruby warns Angela that the game she’s playing will most likely not end up the way she hopes. Angela forges blindly on anyway. Matthew is newly intrigued by this change in Angela, but he’s wary. He’ll not be trapped into marriage. When Angela insists that she’s not looking for marriage he cautiously decides to play along and see where it goes.

The writing isn’t bad, but the characters are horrible. Neither one is honest with the other and neither thought or had the balls to just come out and say what they want, so they circle endlessly in a continuous loop of lies and prevarications and at 33% I just could not stand it anymore. I just couldn’t face another 67% of these two dipshits never coming out and saying what was actually on their minds. So, they are dead to me. Moving on.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2019/04/angel-in-scarlet.html