Tatesville was a quiet little town just east of Atlanta, home to the Gaither clan. Emmett Gaither loved his family and his life. It was perfect. Being the only gay son had its challenges but his family stood by him and loved him all the same. He never dreamed that his world would be turned upside side by the new banker in town. The sexy blonde man made Emmett’s blood boil. But he wouldn't be interested in a redneck man like Emmett? Would he?
Alex King had lived a gypsy life. Leaving the northwest, he thought he wanted to live in the bustling city of Atlanta. Still he wasn’t happy, so he jumped on the change to move to a quieter life in Tatesville. He was sure he’d never meet a good guy in the little southerntown. Imagine his surprise when one of his customers wanted to fix him up with her SON! Had he move to the Twilight Zone? If so, he was happy to live there when the customer’s tall, dark and handsome walked into his bank…now what?
This romance was going along swimmingly in a nice opposites attract way when it took a turn with really jerky friends.
I like it much better as a character driven romance.
This was a quick steamy read. It is a menage between a married couple (Seth and Carol) and a friend (Riley). Riley's insecurities may overtake his dreams. Once everyone's intentions are out there, the steam level rises high. I would have preferred a longer story to spend more time getting to know all three, but I found the story to be a good one.
I found this story through Book Review Buzz, and this is my unsolicited review.
*Bookish meme created by Moonlight Reader
Last week I went through Prime Reading and NOOK's free books sections looking for new material for my e-readers. My spreadsheet now stands at almost 220 books. I had to break up the list of new additions so as not to screw up my followers' eyes.
*HR = historical romance *CR = contemporary romance *PRN = paranormal romance
*CL = chick lit *CM = cozy mystery
Added to NOOK:
1. Loving the Hawke (The Seven Curses of London #1) by Lana Williams (HR)
2. Death Down Under (Ruby Bay Mystery #1) by Samantha Silver (CM/CL)
3. Poison in Paddington (Cassie Coburn Mystery #1) by Samantha Silver (CMCL)
4. The Locked Room Murder (Bluebell Knopps #1) by Nancy McGovern (CM/CL)
5. Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer #1) by Laura Durham (CM/CL)
6. Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case (Jayne Frost #1) by Kristen Painter (PRN/CM)
7. The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls #1) by Kristen Painter (PRN)
8. Mask of Duplicity (The Jacobite Chronicles #1) by Julia Brannan (HR)
9. Romance Grows in Arcadia Valley by Various Authors (anthology) (CM)
10. Mail Order Bride Amelia (Silver River Brides #1) by Karla Gracey (HR)
11. A Lady of Esteem (Hawthorne House #0.5) by Kristi Ann Hunter (HR)
12. Out of the Storm (Beacons of Hope #0.5) by Jody Hedlund (HR)
13. First Impressions by Elizabeth Johns (HR)
14. Tabitha (Girls from the Mountain #1) by Vikki Kestell (HR)
15. A Rose Blooms Twice (Prairie Heritage #1) by Vikki Kestell (HR)
*Takes a Breath*
16. Appalachian Serenade (Appalachian Blessing #0.5) by Sarah Loudin Thomas (CR)
17. At Your Request (Apart from the Crowd #0.5) by Jen Turano (HR)
18. Waiting for Dawn (Team Hope #0.5) by Susan May Warren (CR/SUSPENSE)
19. Alejandro's Sorceress (The Cardinal Witches #1) by Alyssa Day (PRN)
20. Mad for Love (Highland Brides #1) by Elizabeth Essex (CR)
21. The Three Fates (The Empress of Rome #3.5) by Kate Quinn (HR)
22. Millie Marries a Marshal (Brides of Grit #2) by Linda K. Hubalek (HR)
23. Secrets to Reveal (Highland Wolves #1) by Tilly Wallace (HR/PRN)
24. Sorceress Awakening (Gargoyle and Sorceress #1) by Lisa Blackwood (PRN)
25. Daughters of Darkness by Various Authors (anthology) (PRN)
26. Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison #1) by Mindy Klasky (PRN/CL)
27. Love's Beginning (Eagle Harbor Short Story) by Naomi Rawlings (HR)
28. Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy #1) by Jill Barnett (HR)
29. The Case of the Missing Cross (Justice and Miss Quinn Mystery #1) by Felicia Rogers (CM/HR)
30. The Elusive Miss Ellison (Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace #1) by Carolyn Miller (HR) - Not free but on sale
31. The Captivating Lady Charlotte (Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace #2) by Carolyn Miller (HR) - Not free but on sale
32. The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey (Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace #3) by Carolyn Miller (HR) - Not free but on sale
The Consequences of Loving Colton
Story starts out when Milo and Colton are friends because of her brother is his best friend. She has a crush on him and he does kiss her one time in the pool.
Years later she's graduating from college and they are attending her brother Jason's wedding-in their back yard so everybody has jobs to do to make this a happy occasion.
Milo has a boyfirned that is gay but he doesn't come acorss that way. There's always been a big competition between Colton and Milo.
Like all the chaos with everybody and how things happen from events in the past. Love how they ousted the bride.
Alternating chapters from the main characters so you get to hear each of their side at the same time.
Anything that could go wrong did and then a whole bunch more-so comical at times.
free from IHG membership