logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: MM
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-24 15:47
Sweet romance
Afternoon Americano (Coffee Boys Book 3)... Afternoon Americano (Coffee Boys Book 3) - Becca Brant

1st person pov off both main characters.

This story is about Vincent, an author of gay romance who claims he is straight. Until he gets sethe up on a blind date with Skye, who he assumes will be female. I don't think I'm giving much away by say Skye's not.

The author insights were amusing, as were Skye and Vincent's attempts to set up their friend, Landon. Vincent's constant quedtioning of his new 'bi' status started to grate after a while, but luckily there was enough other things happening to detract from that.

I much preferred Skye to Vincent, he was sweet and patient.

Technically there were a few mixed up words in the first third but mostly it was well written and edited.

Overall, a sweet, low angst romance with the added enjoyment of one MC being anice author.

review 2017-06-20 13:48
Bleeding
The Other Five Percent - Quinn Anderson

Logan has a running joke he tells everyone.  He is mostly straight.  Really.  He experimented in college.  Not long after, he lost his best friend.  When he runs into him again to say he is shocked is putting it mildly.  What he finds out about how the past rolled out shocks him even more.

Ellis is excited and scared to see Logan again.  He left him a broken man the last time he saw him.  Can he take a chance and trust what he tells him about his feelings?  He still seems so unsure.  Ellis is scared the past will repeat itself.

This simple and sweet story has some real truths inside.  While the characters clearly belong together, there is a lot of avoidance and a lot of scared.  I would have hoped to have more to the story, since it felt like a lot of trust issues were just getting going at the end, I was pleased to at least get my HEA.  I give this book a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for my honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-06-20 13:01
Closer
Trust - Ella Frank

This is book #3 in the Temptation series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  It is not intended to be on its own, however, and makes more sense when read in order.

This story continues where the last book left off, and the main characters are in a bit of a shock.  There has been quite a bit of turmoil for Tate trying to fit into Logan's life and mix it with his own.  He now has Logan's ex on the scene, and a tragedy that makes them both realize what is most important in life.

Logan has finally figured out who he wants for the rest of his life.  Now it is just a matter of making it happen.  Tate has given up so much and gives everything his all.  It is time to show that trust between them goes both ways.

I really am loving this series.  It is extremely compelling.  I was afraid for a bit there to turn the page.  I want so much for things to work out for these characters.  Such a great read!  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***Previous book in the series, TAKE and you can read my review here if you missed it.  CLICK HERE to read now.***

review 2017-06-20 12:16
Shock value
Concourse - Santino Hassell

This is book #5 in the Five Boroughs series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For read understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this compelling series in order.

Valdrin AKA Val is Ashton's best friend since childhood.  Val is finding he has sincere feelings for his favorite guy, but he is constantly forced to be in a parental role with him.  He thinks he should try to separate himself from the equation, but Ashton won't let him go easily.

Ashton has knows he has been in love with Val since gradeschool.  His family welcomed him more than his own.  Now there relationship is in confused tatters.  Is it possible to get back in sync?  Should he take a chance and admit how he feels?

This series is so intense.  Each book with such an amazing story of its own.  I loved these characters right from the get go.  They want the same thing, just have to work it out somehow.  Cameo's by favorites from past books make this a must read!  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-06-17 22:16
Quick and Easy.
His Royal Secret - Lilah Pace

So the book ends in a cliff hanger, virtually insuring that I immediately buy the next book to find out the end of the story. The manipulation!

I bought it though....lol

This was a easy and enjoyable romance, and was a nice break from the dreary world.....and that's all I ask for with romance novels.....that and believable couples and good sex scenes.

So putting it all together...I was very happy and this book is a success.