logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Miriam-Minger
Load new posts () and activity
review 2015-11-30 17:58
Defiant Impostor - Miriam Minger

I started this a while back while in a doctor's office. Finally had the opportunity to finish it while riding in a car The day before Thanksgiving.

The heroine was actually the companion/lady's maid of an aristocrat. The aristocrat died on a voyage due to illness but before she did, she convinced the h to take her place as her father was dead and the only one who could prove she wasn't the girl was an aunt who likely wouldn't come across the ocean. Got that?

The h, having grown up in the household, was well aware of social standings in Merry Olde England so the thoughts of the overseer or whatever the H was making advances on what he assumed was his boss's daughter didn't set well with her.

:sigh... I could almost like the h, but I had a tough time with the H. Not only did he seem to just ignore all possibility that the h might find him reaching above himself, but he was pushy. And, when he found out her real identity, he was exceedingly obnoxious.

He took advantage of every facet of the situation. Considering the h's early objections, I'm bemused that she didn't become violent towards him.

At least it was short.

review 2013-01-02 00:00
A Hint of Rapture - Miriam Minger Amazon Freebie 01/02/2013
review 2012-11-01 00:00
Twin Passions - Miriam Minger Twin Passions - Miriam Minger Amazon Freebie 11/1/2012
review 2012-11-01 00:00
review 2012-07-24 00:00
Defiant Impostor - Miriam Minger I was actually thinking about the story during my days and the fact that I actually wanted to know what would happen next is enough for me to say that I liked this book. Another thing I liked was that every single character played an important part in the story. Never thought they were going to be intertwined in the story the way the ended up.

There was a lot of lust between those two. I didn't like the cruel and violent part between them. I like my love stories cruelty free. I would've given it 4 stars if it wasn't for that.

Anyway, nice free read, if you're into your southern belles' love stories.