logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Mystery
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-17 02:20
Crime on the Fens
Crime on the Fens - Joy Ellis

This is, I believe, Ms. Ellis' first published book, though its original title was Mask Wars.

This book introduces us to DI Nikki Galena and DS Joseph Easter. DI Galena is a detective who not only had a young woman die in her arms, but whose daughter is in a persistent vegetative state due to a drug over dose. She's now hell bent on clearing the streets of drugs and punishing the dealers though whatever means necessary. She's tough, and has a reputation as a hardass, and pretty much no one wants to work with her.  She's been told by her superiors that she is to work with DS Easter, who is transferring in, and to make it work...or else.

DS Easter, on the other hand is pretty much so clean he squeaks. He's also rumored to be highly religious and as such has the nickname of "Holy Joe."

As the two begin to work together, they both begin to realize their preconceived notions about the other were wrong, and there's much more to each of them than meets the eye.

I really liked both of these characters (especially DI Galena) as well as the other members if Galena's team. I'm looking forward to seeing how they grow over the course of the books.

( I do have a feeling that there's going to eventually be a romance between Galena and Easter. I don't know why, but I just do.)

The plot, I won't even try to describe it, but it starts with a missing girl, and a rash of crimes being committed by people wearing hideous face masks. Are these two events, and well as several other crimes all linked? And if so, how? And why?

I am so glad that Richard Armitage started narrating Ms. Ellis' other series (Jackman & Evans), because otherwise, I may never have discovered her work, and that would be such a shame.

review 2019-01-16 21:19
Can Lightning Strike Twice – Lightning Crimes by Chrys Fey @ChrysFey
Lightning Crimes (Disaster Crimes Book 2.5) - Chrys Fey

Lightning Crimes by Chrys Fey, is part of the Disaster Crime series and I have been lovin’ every minute of it.

FREE SHORT STORY, LIGHTNING CRIMES

Cover:  Chrys Fey

Lightning Crimes (Disaster Crimes Book 2.5)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Donovan and Beth have been through a hurricane and an earthquake, so a lightning storm should be a piece of cake and Chrys Fey’s descriptive writing makes me feel like I am there with them, through the clashing of the thunder, the flashes of the lightning, the pounding of the rain and the roaring of the wind, but there is more…a rock through a window, an open door that was locked, wet footprints on carpet…Chrys can create a suspenseful read whether its danger from storms or humans.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

READ MORE HERE

MY CHRYS FEY REVIEWS

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifLook on the right sidebar and let’ talk.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/can-lightning-strike-twice-lightning-crimes-by-chrys-fey-chrysfey
review 2019-01-16 18:13
Book Review: Have You Got Everything You Want?
Have You Got Everything You Want? (A Short Story) - Agatha Christie

Title: Have You Got Everything You Want?
Author: Agatha Christie
Series: Parker Pyne
Format: bind-up
Length: 20-ish pages
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Elsie Jeffries, married for eighteen months to successful businessman Edward Jeffries, meets Parker Pyne by chance on the Simplon-Orient Express. She has seen Pyne’s advertisements and feels he may be able to help her. She tells Pyne she has seen a fragment of a letter left on Edward’s blotting pad, which points to some sort of plot against her, to be carried out while she is on the train to Stamboul.

Favourite character: Parker Pyne
Least favourite character: N/A

Mini-review: I thought this was a good short story, my only problem, though, is that they’re too short. These could be amazing as full length books, but alas that will never happen. I would’ve loved a book series featuring Parker Pyne.

review 2019-01-16 03:22
A little lost, a little choppy, but something catchy
Hard to Protect (Black Ops Heroes Book 3) - Incy Black

I should have started with the first in the series, I felt pretty lost with the secret OPs world building.

review 2019-01-16 01:19
A Christmas Party by Georgette Heyer
A Christmas Party - Georgette Heyer

This took me quite a while to get through, and I didn't finish it in time for the 24 Festive Tasks game, but I still really enjoyed it. The idea is that the master of the house is murdered at Christmas when the house is full of guests; suspicions ensue. I had guessed the murderer but I couldn't quite work out how they had done it, but that added more to my enjoyment than it detracted from it. It was quite clever overall.