logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Nepal
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-03-01 08:02
Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Trekking Tour
Trekking in the Annapurna Region, 4th: Nepal Trekking Guides - Bryn Thomas,Jamie McGuinness,Henry Stedman
Trekking in the Nepal Himalaya - Stan Armington,Lonely Planet
Trekking in Nepal - Stephen Bezruchka,Stephen Bezruchka M. D.,Robert Kunstaetter
Porteurs De L'himalaya: Le Trekking Au N... Porteurs De L'himalaya: Le Trekking Au Népal (Mappemonde) - Isabelle Sacareau

Annapurna Base Camp Trek and fly back by Helicopter Tour or ABC Helicopter Trek is alternative trekking of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. All trekkers might not have 2 weeks' time for the trekking so, these trekking packages significantly reduced the trekking time period. Peregrine Treks and Tours make a customized itinerary as per the trekker’s requirements. Also, we do not charge a single supplement charge with clients even there is only one person on the trek. Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Trek is the popular trekking tour package amount the trekkers.

Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Trekking Tour

• Annapurna Base Camp Trek via Poon Hill or direct
  • Fly back to Pokhara by helicopter which saves at least 3 days time
  • Panoramic Mountain view from Annapurna Base Camp, Poon Hill and during the trek
  • Terrace farming land, Gurung and Thakali ethnic community
  • Spectacular view of Mount Annapurna I, II, IV, South, Mount Fishtail, Dhaulagiri Range, Manaslu, and many trekking peaks

The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is popular trekking in the world and thrilling helicopter rides make this trekking more adventurous. The trekkers can see the mountain views as well as the ethnic group settlement from the landscape view via trek and bird's eye view from trekking. The Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter trekking tour offers you the awe-inspiring views of colossal peaks from different sight that you have never explored. Possibly the most naturally gorgeous and floral rich area of Nepal –Annapurna Region is blessed with coruscating of the Himalayas of Annapurna Range enhanced marvelously with the region’s astonishing landscapes.

We will start this Annapurna Base Camp Trekking tour from Kathmandu by bus or scenic flight to Pokhara. During this trek, we cross the eye-catching lush and green forest of the Rhododendron, pine oaks, and legendry Gurung villages. Poon Hill – famous vantage point for exciting sunrise and sunset is another attraction of this trek. You can see the Annapurna massif panoramic view, mount Dhaulagiri, Mount Manaslu, and many small peaks.

Get pleasure from the natural charisma of distant gigantic mountain peaks making a manifestation while trekking on the trail to ABC and be the very center of the relaxing environment filled with charming sights and paradise-like magnificence. During this trek to Annapurna Base Camp, we will enjoy the city of paradise Pokhara. The Pokhara city is situated in the lap of the Phewa Lake and from here we can see the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan range and Peace Stupa.

During this trek, we can do sightseeing in Pokhara and Kathmandu. In Pokhara, we will visit Gupteshwor Cave, Davi’s fall, boating in Phewa Lake, suspension bridge, International mountain museum and many more. Similarly, in Kathmandu, we will sightsee in Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, and other destinations.

Annapurna base camp helicopter tour flight from Pokhara

If you are unable for the trek because of any reason, you can take a direct helicopter flight from Pokhara. This is a 1-hour tour (15 minutes to go there, 15 minutes to return back and half an hour free time at Annapurna Base Camp.

Annapurna Helicopter tour cost

The Annapurna Helicopter Tour cost is based on the traveler’s requirement. It would be better to take the full Package with us. Please write an email at info@peregrinetreks.com for the detailed Annapurna Helicopter Tour Cost.

Helicopter ride in Pokhara price

Helicopter ride in Pokhara price starts from USD 350 per person. This includes land transfers to Pokhara airport from your Pokhara hotel and a one-hour helicopter ride. We will provide a group discount too for this tour. It would be better if you email us at info@peregrinetreks.com

Annapurna base camp trek 5 days

From Pokhara, you can complete Annapurna Base Camp trek 5 days by using the helicopter to return back. We will provide a customized itinerary for this Annapurna Base Camp trek 5 days trekking tour.

Annapurna base camp helicopter tour cost

Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Tour cost depends on the number of the participants on the group, service level like accommodation standard, meal plan, trekking support staff. Please write an email at info@peregrinetreks.com for the Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter tour cost.

Annapurna base camp helicopter tour from Kathmandu

Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter tour from Kathmandu will be slightly costly because of the helicopter from Kathmandu. It would be better to take a regular flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and a helicopter ride to ABC and fly back to Kathmandu from Pokhara on the regular flight.

Annapurna base camp helicopter landing tour

Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter landing tour is a helicopter tour from Pokhara to the base camp of Annapurna. This is a private tour and needs at least 4 people at one group and cost is USD 1300 per flight from Pokhara and USD 4500 per flight from Kathmandu.

Source: peregrinetreks.com/abc-trek-and-helicopter-return
review 2020-02-09 14:06
5 Instagram places in Nepal
  1.  If you're planning for a calm vacation to catch the most amazing moments that'll leave others amazed then Nepal Honeymoon packages are always the best option. There are numerous areas offering perspectives and sceneries which will leave everybody.

2. 1. Chitwan National Park:-

Chitwan National park is among the most visited with World Heritage Sites in Nepal that delivers the magnificence of marshes, grasslands, wildlife and wildlife. If you're searching for the breaking images to your Instagram that the rhinos, your needs can be complemented by tens of thousands of tigers from the Park, leopards, wild elephants, sloth bears and bird species from all possible facets. Can shock bands and your buddies when caught live in the territory of Nepal. You might opt for a amidst dense forests of Nepal to find the experience of watching the wildlife.

1. 2. Ilam: -

The splendor of the tree backyard can be unmatched from virtually any angle and is invincible. A holiday visit to Ilam can rejuvenate your psychological and physical energy Even though it's somewhat unaffected by travelers. Even a bird or A tea tour could provide one of the sceneries which you would have not seen in films.

Bird and mount Kanchenjunga is seen by tens of thousands of tourists to see the beauty of Nepal. Ilam is Nepal with views of tree plantation's tea district which could complement your Instagram profile. You need to hold camera or a telephone on your hands and you can view a lot of pictures beautifying the gallery of your mobile phone while returning from Ilam.

1. 3. Bhaktapur: -

The palaces of the assumptions and the durbar square deliver beauty that is amazing that someone should visit in a life. Taleju temple, Dattatreya temple, nyatopoda temple, and Bhairavnath temple also provides views published and to be recorded on Instagram. Bhaktapur, one of those very cities of Nepal provides the views of monuments and temples, palaces after becoming damaged.

If you're inclined to see this Nepal city's authentic vibrant and artistic side this area ought to be ticked on the very best. Bhaktapur's marketplace is also famous for handicrafts, pottery and its puppets that may make somewhere on your Instagram profile enhancing the attractiveness of your own gallery.

1. 4. Annapurna region: -

If you're coming for a visit to Nepal on your holiday then the Annapurna area is a must-have place from the Nepal tour packages which can be worthy of your existence. Trekking in the Annapurna Himalaya area is among the greatest adventures for both beginners in addition to pros as the sceneries which are currently enclosing the hills will improve your endurance. Can match your visit.

1. 5. Khumbu Valley: -

At last, the magic of the wonderland is unmatchable although trek into Khumbu Valley is among those amazing points that need a heart to conquer. Some extraordinary destinations like Monkey temple, Tengboche Monastery and amazing views of Mt. Everest may also be seen.

The images which may be recorded from Khumbu's valleys surpass the expectations of beauty that you may envision. Being at elevation this is not for everybody although there are a number of areas in Nepal that may provide views you might not have expected to have on your phone's gallery. But together with Get Ur Holidays traveling companion, you are able to get out of it using photographers and the guides that will assist you catch some epic minutes.

review 2015-12-10 18:08
"Buddyzm" dla początkujących i zainteresowanych
Buddyzm - Mariangela D'Onza Chiodo

Książka "Buddyzm" Mariangeli D'Onza Chiodo jest krótkim wprowadzeniem w tematykę buddyzmu. Nie jest to jednak typowy wykład skupiający się na doktrynie, założeniach i kulcie. Autorka z jednej strony kreśli proces rozwoju ruchu i przekształcania się go w religię, a drugiej pokazuje też historyczne tło starożytnych Indii. Mamy więc próbę chronologicznego uporządkowania historii życia i legendy Buddy Śakjamuniego, założenia doktryny i konsekwencje podziałów w obrębie buddyjskich wspólnot. W ostatniej części znalazło się też kilka słów o postrzeganiu buddyzmu przez Zachód a w pod koniec również odniesienie do akcentów wspólnych między buddyzmem i chrześcijaństwem.

"Budda był przekonany, że w kobietach koncentrują się wszystkie negatywne moce namiętności, które zaciemniają umysły. Dlatego nawet później nigdy nie przestał żałować dopuszczenia ich do sanghi, uważając ten fakt za niewątpliwą przyczynę rozkładu w przyszłości jego nauki."

Mariangela D'Onza Chiodo "Buddyzm"

Świątynia buddyjska w stylu japońskim (Sarnath, 2009 r.)

Pozycja warta polecenia osobom zainteresowanym nie tyle wyłącznie samą religią, co również jej ewolucją i warunkami, które ją kształtowały.

review 2015-02-07 01:11
Wasted potential, which is a crying shame
Tibetan Cross - Mike Bond

"Big business, war. The biggest. You know, one of the poorest kept secrets about Nam was we got into it to protect the CIA–their drug smuggling rings out of the Golden Triangle.”

“No, I don't believe that.”

"You ask any guy who worked in Air America, the CIA freight line, in the sixties, and he'll tell you about the tons of heroin they shipped out every month, out of Laos and Cambodia and South Vietnam–Hell, on river patrols we'd sometimes bring a boatful (spl) of the shit right down the Mekong. The CIA put it on planes and sent it Stateside, kept the locals high and mellow and made the CIA billions of bucks they spent on actions Congress or the generals wouldn't go for.” Alex kicked a stone from the trail. "When we split Nam, the CIA lost its major source of funding, baby.” – Conversation between Alex and Cohen, Tibetan Cross – Mike Bond

"For me that was the final turnoff, about the States ...”

"What?”

"That we're a society based on war, that we can't exist economically or psychologically without someone to hate.”

"That's why we invented the good old Commies. Those folks I was fighting in Nam had never even heard of Communism. They were defending their homeland from aggression, same as any American would.” – Alex, Tibetan Cross – Mike Bond

It seems like I would learn. I really don’t like Mike Bond’s writing style. It is too choppy, too terse, for my tastes. And then there is the “comic book” brutality – the hero takes damage that is, literally, too much to be survived – and then jumps up and runs away like nothing has happened. Clive Cussler, James Rollins and others write ‘kick-ass’ heroes – but even they wouldn’t find this amount of brutality against their heroes survivable. Bond is one of the most testosterone driven thriller writers out there, which is fine in and of itself, but come on, Mike. Can we have a little realism at some point?

This is the third Mike Bond book I have reviewed and, again, it seems like I would learn. I am never happy with them, but I get sucked in, because his overall story concepts are exceptional, and his research on the actual political and military history and up-to-date happenings is beyond reproach. It is terribly frustrating! I want to enjoy the intrigue, but the bad case of testosterone poisoning means that I wind up skimming the story instead of enjoying it.

Beginning in Nepal, this book resurrects the war between China and Tibet just after the Vietnam War. Our heroes are leading a photographer/journalist and several Sherpa to Mustang - the former Kingdom of Lo, hidden in the rain shadow of the Himalaya in one of the most remote corners of Nepal. Only, things are not really what they seem, of course, in this shattered land, where starvation, murder, and incredible brutality is carried out by the Chinese against the poor and defenseless lands of Nepal and Tibet. And the Tibetans and Nepalese fight back in any way they can - with a little help from the "friendly" CIA. . .

"It is difficult to fight tanks and planes with stones.”

When Cohen escapes from the slaughter of his friends and traveling companions, including his best friend Alex, he treks alone cross-country in a desperate attempt to reach Katmandu (also Kathmandu) before he is captured and killed by the same weapons runners who killed his friends. The trip is brutal and harsh, but his arrival brings yet more death to those he knows and loves.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Drugs, guns, human trafficking, and rivers of blood all wend their way through Bond’s work. As I stated previously, l am always left disappointed in Bond’s books, and still I come back for more, skimming for the realities of the story and trying to dismiss the ridiculous “heroes”. Be that as it may, it calls for a strong stomach as well as an ability to retain an open mind about just how twisted and sick the US, and their CIA lapdogs, really are – the misery they have wrought across the world. Would that Bond could see his way to dropping the testosterone levels – it would certainly make his books more approachable by a larger reading audience.

I received this book from the publisher in return for a realistic review. Five stars for the military and political research. Minus a star for bad writing. Minus another star for sheer testosterone poisoning and unrealistic character development.
Source: soireadthisbooktoday.com
review 2015-01-19 07:00
Buddha's Orphans by Samrat Upadhyay
Buddha's Orphans - Samrat Upadhyay

I rarely give 1 star reviews, but this overlong and poorly-written family saga earned it. This review will contain SPOILERS, but you won’t want to read the book anyway.

This is a family saga, more or less, set in Nepal in the second half of the 20th century. The central focus is an orphan named Raja, though the story is told primarily through the eyes of his love interest, Nilu. Meanwhile the early chapters feature a street vendor named Kaki who adopts Raja as a baby, while toward the end there are random psychic flashbacks about the life of his dead mother. Unfortunately, from a young age Raja is an unappealing character, perhaps in part because of the author’s distasteful imagery; here he is as a young boy curious about his birth mother:

“He’d find a woman sitting by herself on the grass, doodling on the ground with a stick, and he’d perch a few yards away. . . . But before that woman looked up, another would glide past, gesticulating with her fingers as she carried on a silent conversation with herself. Then Raja would abandon the first woman and follow the second. And during this pursuit, he’d spot one or two other women who didn’t look any less sad, and he’d feel confused and go to a bush and pee.”

Okay? At any rate, Raja finds a new surrogate mother, gleefully abandoning the woman who raised him up to this point:

“After Raja’s bath, Jamuna would make the boy lie on the carpet in their bedroom and massage him. She’d rub her palms with oil and draw circles on his belly with her fingers, making his shriveled penis jiggle.”

We are talking about a 6-year-old boy and his mother-figure here, and no, this creepy image does not foreshadow child molestation. Though don’t worry, there is plenty of child molestation in the book.

At any rate, Raja becomes a teenager and gets involved with Nilu, who adores him for some reason. I’m sure we’d all want to be friends with this charming pair:

“Often they were together, rarely relinquishing each other’s company to join their other friends, who were not too many. Raja had a group of friends who sat around admiring him for his bravado, but he didn’t hesitate to abandon them when he saw Nilu walking through the campus gates. Nilu in general kept to herself, preferring Raja’s company to that of her women classmates, who seemed to enjoy gossip and talking about fashion more than anything else.”

Stereotypes ahoy! This book runs on stereotypes: all the men are losers, and all the women are maternal, and all the characters are so flat that that’s about all you need to know. Raja and Nilu of course defy their families to marry; Raja then takes the opportunity to mooch off Nilu’s teaching job for years, and without even helping around the house (he prefers to eat out, on her dime). When he eventually finds a job, he does nothing but complain and immediately decide to quit, and Nilu enables him:

“[W]hen she pictured him fidgeting in his chair, drumming the desk with a pencil, responding to rude, dismissive clients, she felt he had a point.”

Poor baby, with an unsatisfying first job! But life moves on. They ignore their families, including the poor woman who devoted her life to Raja for years, and whom he refuses for no reason to acknowledge or visit; she dies of a broken heart, for which Raja never feels a shred of remorse. He and Nilu have a baby, and Raja gets over his giant sense of entitlement (born, apparently, of not knowing the identity of his birth mother) long enough to hold down a job, and then after a few years, the child dies. Our hero is supportive to Nilu in her distress:

“ ‘Don’t you have anything else to say? I’m so sick and tired of hearing about how your world has gone dark. Fed up! I can’t listen to it anymore.’”

So he leaves, demanding of his upset wife, “Why can’t you think a bit positively about this? Why do you always have to be negative?” This is totally reasonable, because most people would think positively about being abandoned by their spouse soon after the death of their only child.

Because she is a woman, Nilu soon finds a new outlet for her maternal urges:

“She was fully aware that with Shiva she experienced a cravenness that was more maternal than anything.”

I don’t even know what that means, except that, of course, Nilu is maternal.

Anyway, this lovely couple reconciles; sadly, more than 100 pages remain in the book. Thus, the random psychic flashbacks about Raja’s mother, which don’t affect the plot, but do reveal that despite being portrayed as a victim of her father’s abuse, she is just as sympathetic as her son, inclined to knocking over old disabled women in the street:

“Holding the books to her chest, she trotted down the sidewalk, brushing past pedestrians. The old spitting lady from the neighborhood, the one with the horribly bent back, was a few yards away, stooping in front of a peanut vendor, arguing about something, probably asking for samples with no intention of buying. As she breezed past her, Mohini thwacked her on the back of the head with her books, making her tumble forward, onto the mountain of peanuts arranged on a nanglo, which scattered all over the sidewalk.”

Lovely. Then there is a random subplot about Raja and Nilu’s adult daughter. Raja never does redeem himself; he simply grows older. Then the book ends. And no, I don’t know what the point of any of it is, except that if you never knew your birth mother, you have a Freudian excuse for anything, apparently.

Long story short, the most positive statement I can make about this book is that the sheer unpleasantness of its otherwise dull characters kept my attention better than the inoffensive blandness often found in bad books. The story is way too long, without any plot to speak of; what events do occur are predictable and trite. The writing is clunky. The setting has the potential to be interesting, but the author never delves into it; Nepalese history passes in the background, but in a way that makes little sense to a reader without prior knowledge of the region. Really, there is no reason to read this, unless (like me) you find yourself looking for a novel set in Nepal and with limited options, or you are curious to see just how unappealing an author can make a protagonist, without apparent reason. Avoid.