logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Nicole-Jordan
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-05-22 02:13
Great Story and Characters
My Fair Lover: A Legendary Lovers Novel - Nicole Jordan

Lady Katherine Wilde believes she has crushed any lingering romantic feelings toward Brandon Deverill, who spurned her six years ago. And now that the rough-edged rogue needs polishing to claim his inheritance, she’s willing to strike a practical bargain: Kate will mold the brash privateer into an acceptable English nobleman if Deverill will safeguard her from brigands on a voyage to recover lost family treasure. However, the soul-melting kiss that seals their agreement just may reignite blazing passion.

This was a pretty good book. I’ve read this author, and several books in this series, but it’s been a few years. I really liked both Kate and Deverill and their interactions between each other were well-written. The story moved along well. I can’t wait to read more from this author.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book

review 2017-08-31 06:14
Review: My Fair Lover by Nicole Jordan

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

Six years ago Lady Katherine Wilde was in love with Brandon Deverill and attempted to seduce him. At the time he was about to leave to fight in a war against the British, so Deverill chose to do the honorable thing and turn her away. Now there’s peace between their countries and Deverill has inherited a title, which means he needs a suitable wife. Who better to find him a wife than consummate matchmaker Kate Wilde? Kate agrees to his plan in exchange for Deverill taking her to France and helping her search for what’s left of the ship her parents died on. She will model Deverill into the ideal English gentleman and introduce him to the perfect candidates for matrimony. What she doesn’t know is that he has no plans to mold himself into the perfect husband for some strange woman – he fully plans on seducing and wedding Kate. All he needs to do is convince her to give him a second chance and they could have a love that is truly legendary.

The ultimate matchmaker finally meets her match in My Fair Lover. Though this fifth book in Nicole Jordan’s Legendary Lovers series gives a few nods to the story of Pygmalion, Kate and Deverill’s story is more of a second chance romance than a twist on a literary legend. As I happen to be a sucker for a good second chance romance, I didn’t really mind this, particularly since My Fair Lover started out with such promise.

Deverill and Kate have fantastic chemistry at the start of the book. She is determined to be proper and not to let him seduce her, while he is equally determined to tempt her, challenge her, and ultimately win her back. Their back-and-forth was charming and the dialogue was flirty and fun. But once things started to get steamy between Kate and Deverill, the book, well, lost its steam. The obstacles in the way of their happily ever after – both internal and external – felt a bit forced as it was clear the two were meant to be together, wanted to be together, and the reasons they weren’t were fairly thin. The snappy connection that characterized Kate and Deverill’s relationship in the beginning gave way to sensual scenes that were entertaining but not as original or fun. In addition, the storyline involving Kate’s search for her parents’ sunken ship, a pirate with a grudge against Deverill, and the pirate’s lovelorn mistress just fell flat. Perhaps a shorter format would have served the characters better, but as it stands Kate and Deverill were delightful together and I was rooting for them to get their happily ever after. So while My Fair Lover had its ups and downs for me, I did finish the story a satisfied reader.

Source: witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/08/review-my-fair-lover-by-nicole-jordan.html
review 2017-08-29 07:52
Book Review For: My Fair Lover by Nicole Jordan
My Fair Lover: A Legendary Lovers Novel - Nicole Jordan

'My Fair Lover' by Nicole Jordan is Book Five in The "Legendary Lovers" series. This is the story of Lady Katherine Wilde and Brandon Deverill. I have read the other books in this series but feel this can easily be a standalone book.
Brandon is half American and half English and went to fight for the American side a few years back,in addition he was a pirate. But now his Uncle has died and left him an English Title and Brandon has come back to English to claim it along with finding a wife.
Kate and Brandon knew each other years ago when they were young. Kate even had a crush on him and before he left she offered herself to him. Brandon turned her down and Kate left hurt with her feelings crushed. Now about six years later Brandon has returned and at the request of her Aunt Lady Isabella Wilde 'Bella" she is to turn Brandon into a proper English Gentleman. In addition, Kate is to use her proven Match Making skills on Brandon to find him a wife. But Kate has a request of Brandon too. Kate's parents died in a ship wreck where she was saved with her siblings. Kate wants to go back to look at the wreck, possible find any jewelry that was left and place a headstone on her mother's grave.
But Brandon has Kate in mind for his wife but he knows after the hurt he caused he will have to go slowly winning her over. Also Kate says she will on marry for Love...can Brandon find such a feeling in his heart?
"My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read."

Source: www.amazon.com/My-Fair-Lover-Legendary-Lovers-ebook/dp/B01MRTSZAT/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1503850115&sr=1-1&keywords=My+Fair+Lover+Nicole+Jordan
review 2017-05-16 00:56
Fabulous Historical Romance!!
My Fair Lover: A Legendary Lovers Novel - Nicole Jordan

My Fair Lover by Nicole Jordan is a riveting historical romance.  Ms Jordan has delivered a book that is well-written and loaded it with phenomenal characters.  I totally adore the characters in this book.  Kate and Brandon's story is packed with drama, humor, action and sizzling sexy bits.  This story grabbed me at the first paragraph and kept me glued to my kindle until the last word.  I loved reading My Fair Lover and look forward to reading more from Nicole Jordan in the future.  My Fair Lover is book 5 of the Legendary Lovers Series but can be read as a standalone.  This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book that I received from NetGalley.

review 2016-06-12 23:56
Unassumingly charming hero
The Art of Taming a Rake (Legendary Lovers) - Nicole Jordan

Frowning slightly, she thought back to what she remembered of Shakespeare's comedy. Katharina, the headstrong elder sister of modest daughter Bianca, had scared away all of Bianca's suitors with her shrewish tongue until Petruchio appeared and promised to turn Katharina into an obedient bride.
When understanding dawned, Venetia gave Quinn an arch glance. "So I am the shrew?"
The gleam was back in his eyes, and so was the provocative devil. "You must admit you can be a real termagant when you choose. And you blighted your sister's prospects of marrying me."
"You never mentioned the parallels before."
"Because I knew you would bristle. I was bristling myself at the idea of being Pygmalion. Kate should have known better than to think I would ever want a statue for my wife."
"No, I can't imagine you would," Venetia returned with genuine amusement.
"I would rather have a shrew."
"Would you?" she asked skeptically.
"A shrew is more interesting by far. I am happy with the sister I married."

Although, I felt a little lost in the beginning and a little towards the end when more past characters came around, it wasn't too much of a trial to start the series here with book 4. I rather liked calm and cool Quinn and felt for Venetia every time she bristled because her view of men had been colored and she didn't have the life experience to see them any other way. I read some reviews that complained Quinn wasn't "rakish" enough to be called one but I thought that was one of the points the author was trying to make, he wasn't really one. The "tabloids" of the day sensationalized him and his doings to sell papers and Venetia fell for it. I do think the author could have emphasized this more by having more point of views from Quinn and giving the reader better insight to him. It's mentioned that he was always attracted to Venetia but as his friend grew attached to her first, he never made a move but he always liked her; this should have been played up more.

I thought after they were married and went to the country, about 35% in, is when the story really slowed down. Instead of having the couple grow to know each other with deeper interactions, most of it felt like filler. There would be hints to Quinn calmly but surely breaking through Venetia's misconceptions but other than tiny little look-ins to this, we mostly just get Venetia thinking "oh hey, maybe he's not a rake"; their time alone in the country felt like a wasted endeavor and I felt it all could have edited out.

I don't know if it was a consequence of having not read the other books but the whole assassin plot felt extremely tagged on, especially in the beginning. It consisted of three random short lived attacks on Quinn and then at the end it spun into a past generation decades old grudge that really didn't have anything to do with our couple.

The tropes of (sort of) enemies-to-lovers and forced marriage are often found in romance but I still found myself liking this story. There was a little more focus on the sensual aspects of our couple's relationship but I liked the way those scenes were written, in fact I found the whole story to be very affable. I wish we could have gotten more scenes from Quinn's point of view (I ended up liking him a lot with his calm, cool, but also unassuming teasing manner) and Venetia could have turned the corner a little quicker on her attitude towards Quinn but it captured my attention enough that I'll definitely check out the previous stories in the series, I hear talk of a pirate in the family! :)