logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Non-fiction
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-10-28 19:15
The Return by Nicholas Sparks
Another hit!
I hope this one gets made into a film!
Not only does this book have a love story that got me choked up a couple of times, but it has this mystery that keeps you turning the page.
While The Notebook is still my favourite, this one is up there on my list.
Mr. Sparks has a way of pulling a reader into his stories. His writing style is so beautiful and has an easy flow to it. I find his books comforting in a slump. Guaranteed to have a story that will keep me interested, that's what I expect every time, and he hasn't failed me yet.
Fans will love this one, and people who haven't read anything by this author yet, this is a great place to start!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/10/the-return-by-nicholas-sparks-55-win.html
review 2020-10-24 19:38
This Lie Will Kill You by Chelsea Pitcher
This Lie Will Kill You - Chelsea Pitcher
The premise for this story is so cool! Imagine if Pretty Little Liars and Clue had a mash up, this is kinda what you would get.
So, I'm in the middle ground with this book.
While I loved the idea of the plot, and the characters were well crafted, I felt lost in the setting at times. One minute you thought they were outside, then somehow they were in. Plus that had to be the world's longest fire, meaning it took far too long to grow. In reality it would have gone up much faster if a ring of fire was around the whole house. These characters were able to have lengthy conversations waiting for the fire to grow. It just felt off at times in those moments.
Still, I enjoyed it for the most part and would read more from this author.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/10/this-lie-will-kill-you-by-chelsea.html
show activity (+)
review 2020-10-20 22:50
Quiet Times With God by Joyce Meyer
I love a good devotional, and frankly, Joyce Meyer does them best!
Each day, you read the scripture provided along with her words. Those words connect us to what we just read. Then you find more food for thought and extra scripture studies at the bottom. I value these parts most. After so many years of reading the Bible daily, you want someone or something to challenge you to really ponder what you believe. Whether it's what you believe about a situation, or how you should be with people. It can even consicously get you to seek out what you believe about God, even though you think you may already know. These challenges ensure your faith is in concrete.
Such a great book to help you attain affirmations of love from God each morning. At least, it is for me.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/10/win-quiet-times-with-god-by-joyce-meyer.html
review 2020-10-17 16:18
The Wrong Family by Tarry Fisher #EarlyReview
When I saw Tarryn had a new book coming out, I jumped at a chance to read it! I loved The Wives and hoped that I would love this book too!
At the beginning, it took a minute to warm up but once it did... HOLY! It is so twisted!!
Okay, no one on earth is going to think of this plot. It's unfathomable how a person can hide in another persons space for so long. It happens though in this story and you even end up buying it.
Then this side twist plot comes along and kicks you right in the gut! BAM! Here I am, look at me!!
I got sucked right in and before I knew it, it was over.
I could cry now.
Please hurry up and write another book!
Yeah, you guys are gonna love this one... for real.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/10/the-wrong-family-by-tarryn-fisher-52.html
show activity (+)
review 2020-10-10 14:49
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch - Terry Pratchett,Neil Gaiman
So the hubby wanted to watch the show adaption. I told him I wasn't watching it with him unless I read the book first. So after he read it, here we are!
This book was harder to read than I thought it would be. I thought I would fly through it, page after page, but it was a slow pace. I actually looked at my hubby and said,'it's one of those ones you gotta read all the way through to get it, right?!'. He nodded and told me to stick with it. All the while, I was baffled at having to stick with a Gaiman novel...
I want to say when I got to the end that I had some sense of clarity and understanding but I can't. While these characters were so well-crafted, witty and fun to read in dialogue, the story itself was lacking, confusing and all over the place. You can tell this book was written with two very different authors.
Oh, how I pray the show is not like the book. I have a friend who says the show is better but I'm on the fence after struggling with the book.
Definitely not my favorite Gaiman book, that is still The Ocean At The End Of The Lane. Read that one if you haven't already.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/10/good-omens-by-terry-pratchett-neil.html