logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Play
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-06 19:58
Take it or leave it? I'll leave it, thanks.
Tucker Grizzwell's Worst Week Ever - Bill Schorr,Ralph Smith

Tucker Grizzwell's Worst Week Ever by Bill Schorr and Ralph Smith was borne from a comic strip and is (supposedly) aimed at children. However, I found it to be so full of word play and puns that I think it would be better suited to an adult audience. In my opinion, it was a little too densely packed with jokes to the point of being somewhat annoying and obnoxious. This wasn't marketed as a collection of comic strips but it was lacking in a coherent plot beyond the bare bones 'lesson learned' tale of a cub realizing that adults may not necessarily have all of the answers to the world's questions.

Apologies for the shortness of this review but some books don't lend themselves to a lengthy analysis especially when they're so middle of the road like this one. 2/10

Sorry this isn't clearer and easier to read. :-/ [The Phoenixed Forums]

What's Up Next: Peanuts Vol. 9 by Charles Schulz (and others)

What I'm Currently Reading: Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond

Source: readingfortheheckofit.blogspot.com
review 2018-12-06 18:45
The Game of Life and How to Play It
The Game of Life and How to Play It - Florence Scovel Shinn

I've heard and I've read through so many different definitions of life throughout my life, that I've somehow eventually created my very own definition of life, because you see, I don't see life as a feature movie, as a stage, or as a box of chocolates, and especially not as a game. I see life, for what it is in my humble opinion, which is this incredibly amazing gift given to us by this unknown force, so we can take full advantage of it, live our dreams, and help others to take full advantage of it and live their dreams. For there's a reason for everything, and I really feel that reason for living is in giving back what we ourselves have been given, and not taking away what's not ours, what doesn't belong to us. Each and every single one of us should learn that craft and give to the world, for it's only then the world will give something valuable back to us, and have us reach our undeniable destiny and have us reach our greatness.

review 2018-12-05 17:22
BOOK BLITZ, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - Defensive Play (Boys on the Brink) by Jamie Deacon
Defensive Play (Boys on the Brink) - Jamie Deacon

Defensive Play is the first book by this author I have read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Davey knows he is gay, but he hasn't told anyone. He is a geek who has managed to earn the respect of his football team, and he is worried if he comes out, he will lose that. He thinks he has it all under control, until Adam shows up. With one glance, Davey starts to become unraveled.

This was a sweet story, with some angst in tune with the story. Mostly, it is about Davey and how he feels, what he will do, and what will the fall out be. It is a novella, so expect the pacing to be fairly fast. There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow.

A thoroughly enjoyable story, and I look forward to reading more by this author. Definitely recommended by me.

* I received a copy of this book with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.com/2018/12/book-blitz-review-giveaway-defensive.html
review 2018-11-20 11:47
Interesting story line.
Play It Safe - Leslie North Play It Safe - Leslie North

Second in this series. This story has intrigue and an interesting story line. There are a couple of questioning story line items that needed to be explained. However, all in all a good and entertaining read.

review 2018-11-06 17:38
Review: “Settling the Score - Part 11: Quarterback Sack” (Settling the Score, #11) by Josh Hunter
Settling the Score - Part 11: Quarterback Sack - Josh Hunter