logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Pre-Reads
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-06-02 04:54
Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids) by: Danielle Norman
Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids #6) - Danielle Norman

Vivian, Midnight Call Girl by Danielle Norman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For a little while she broke my heart, but along the way she restored my faith in love. Norman continues to march to the beat of her own emotions and empower people like me while doing so. Midnight Call Girl is more than a romance. Vivian and Aaron, take the long road to happiness, but it's a courageously uphill climb. Through the eyes of two broken people, we find strength, hope and words of wisdom. There's beauty within the tragedy.

review 2020-06-02 04:46
Reckless at Heart (Kincaids of Pine Harbour #1) by: Zoe York
Reckless at Heart (Kincaids of Pine Harbour #1) - Zoe York

Reckless at Heart by Zoe York

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's been a while since I've visited Pearl Harbour, yet it seems like no time has passed at all. I guess once emotions are invested there is no turning back. York dishes up a handful of heartache and a heart full of wisdom with Reckless at Heart. Owen and Kerry are about to learn a few valuable lessons that by now each should have known by heart. When a surprise pregnancy rocks his world, single dad, Owen is about to get a crash course in what it means to love and forgive. So grab a few tissues and hold on to your heart, because if your not careful Zoe York could steal it right out of your chest.

review 2020-06-01 10:46
Cherish (Clark Family #2) by: Evelyn Sola
Cherish (Clark Family #2) - Evelyn Sola

Cherish by Evelyn Sola

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If Jake and Sandy had me at hello, Jason and Alex broke me at goodbye. Cherish proved to be a captivating follow up to an already irresistible series. What I love most about The Clark Family series is that it tackles everything from racist stereotypes to tempting romance and the beauty of what makes a family. At it's heart, LOVE, is the foundation for what unites these characters. No matter the color of their skin or the heartache in their lives, LOVE is what guides them through the rough spots. The carefree bachelor finds his soulmate despite the odds. The proof is in the tears.

review 2020-06-01 08:47
The Geeky Chef Cookbook
The Geeky Chef Cookbook: Real-Life Recipes for Your Favorite Fantasy Foods - Unofficial Recipes from Doctor Who, Games of Thrones, Harry Potter, and more - Cassandra Reeder

I always like it when people take something they like, in this case food, and look in a lot of different places how other people are dealing with it. In the geeky chef cookbook, accompanying the blog, there is a collection of foods, both savory and sweet that has links with many fandoms.

The recipes often look great, but what I particularly liked about this cookbook, except for the research that went into designing foods that have something very meagre descriptions in the works they originate from, was the sheer number of different fandoms that the book touches upon. I think it is simply impossible, if you even slightly identify as geeky, to not find at least some of your favorites here.

I haven’t made any of the recipes myself, although I really want to make those lemon cakes from ASOIAF, the cake from Portal, and the cauldron cakes from HP. Apparently, I’m more of a sweet tooth than I give myself credit from.

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

review 2020-06-01 08:43
Dear Girl
Dear Girl - Aija Mayrock

I wrote to find the answers,
instead
I found myself.

Dear girl is a collection of short poems on female empowerment by a young new poet. This is her first collection, and as such it is dealing with very urgent and important matters. It is a part of a stream of feminist poetry for girls, which I can only applaud. However, the poems were rather simple at times and I thought they could have been better if they had been a bit more subtle at times. Part of poetry for me is not only the message but also the beautiful phrasing of things, and the latter was a bit missing in some of poems.