logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Real-Estate
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-21 02:26
Brighter
Faking It - Carly Phillips,Erika Wilde

This is book #2 in the Book Boyfriend series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  I recommend reading this series in order.

Hailey is saved by Max when a nosy busybody interferes in her life.  The consequences of the save, however, means they must play along for a time.  Hailey is attracted to Max for real.  Could this be a love match?

Max has wanted Hailey for himself for some time.  Playing her missing man is easy when he wants to put his hands on her.  It gets more complicated as time goes on, but Max has started thinking that the future may need to be different than he thought.

This book has a lot of humor, heat, and heart.  I love that the characters are honest with one another.  Well, as much as they can be.  This was a sexy and fun read.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-03-22 06:11
My turn
Trouble Walks In (The McGuire Brothers) - Sara Humphreys

This is book #2, in The McGuire Brothers series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding and enjoyment, I recommend reading this series in order.

Ronan has been in love with Maddy since they were in school.  Growing up in the same small town, he came to appreciate her quirky ways.  She was busy with someone else, so he had to bide his time until it was right to ask her out.

Maddy has had a lot happen to her in the last year alone.  She lost someone she loved.  She knows she must get on with her life, but it is hard to motivate yourself into action.  Ronan changes all of that by just looking at her.

This story was so sexy!  I loved the characters connection right from the beginning.  Good installment for the McGuire Brothers series.  The pace was good.  Seeing characters from the previous story was nice also.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-01-29 03:05
Getting hotter
Big Shot - Carly Phillips,Erika Wilde

Natalie has had the hots for Wes since they were younger.  Growing up, she chased him around with her brother.  Always wanting in to the secrets and fun.  Now, she wants to work with him.

Wes refuses to budge on the work issue.  He knows if she is around everyday he will give in to his baser desires.  The attraction between them is fierce and taking a life of its own.  How much longer before they both erupt into flames?

This is such a fun story.  The characters really do care about one another and it shows.  They have known one another since they were kids and there is respect and already a bond.  Great start to the Book Boyfriend series!  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2016-07-09 12:22
Heat wave
One Week to Score (Tall, Dark, and Texan) - Kate Meader

This book is the 3rd in the Tall, Dark, & Texan series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this series in order intended.

Flynn has wanted Olivia from afar since they were young.  Everyone kept reminding him he is not good enough for her.  Now, she hates him for the space between them.

Olivia is not happy that her heart has been broken by Flynn more than once.  Can she trust him to help her mend it again?  Flynn is everything she has wanted, and more.

Very sweet and sexy book.  The characters make reading this fun.  I enjoyed the light banter.  The heat was a scorcher!  Good installment to the series.  I give this story a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC was given by Netgalley and its publisher in exchange for an honest review.

review 2015-07-21 21:55
Reads like a too long newspaper/magazine article.
Patience and Fortitude: Power, Real Estate, and the Fight to Save a Public Library Hardcover June 23, 2015 - Scott Sherman

I have never been to the New York Public Library but I would imagine that what happened to this entity could very easy have happened anywhere else (and probably is happening somewhere else!!). In what appears to be a some sort of fit of madness, a decision was made to send all the physical books to a storage facility in New Jersey, sell off various branch locations and basically destroy what we would know as a library. It was going to free up land but obviously leave anyone (regular book readers, scholars/students, researchers, etc.) all out of luck.

This book supposedly details that battle, but I found it very convoluted and tedious. There's a flow of incoming cast of characters that come and go plus analyzing the various plans, alternatives, etc. Yet this was so incredibly boring.

I found Sherman's writing style to be downright excruciating and am not sure why. There's a tendency to jump back and forth between history and relative present (depending on where we are in the story) and with a bunch of names of people I don't know and don't care about, this just dragged on and on. I see that this is relatively recent and various people refused to talk to him or would not agree to speak with him unless they were guaranteed anonymity. I wonder if that somehow prevents a more well-rounded and more in-depth book.

There's a review on Goodreads that says that this doesn't add much more to what Sherman already reported. As I was not familiar with this prior to hearing about the book, I couldn't say. But this leads me to think that there's a lot more to this story and unfortunately without these details, we're just left with a not very good book.

Borrow from the library. I wonder if a NYPL user or someone who has more familiarity with the library's history would find this more interesting.