logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-20 21:59
MOLTEN DUSK BY: KARISSA LAUREL
Molten Dusk - Karissa Laurel

Words can't even express how excited I was to get my hands on an early copy of Multen Dusk! So I'll just let Thor do it.

Actually, I've enlisted Thor and co. to help me with this review to better express all the many feels this book has inspired.

Molten Dusk pretty much picked up where Arctic Dawn left off, with Helen, Skoll and their goons trying to devour Solina and bring on the second Ragnarok.

I did appreciate just how much Solina and Thorin had grown in this addition to the series. Solina was definitely on a smarter path this time around. She was more hesitant to jump straight into each new dangerous situation. Solina was never one to sit back and let her friends fight the good fight without her, but she did learn to trust in them more and know when to listen to her head and let others take the lead when it made sense. But when the time did come for her to storm in she did so with flare!

Solina went through a lot in this book too. But I think the most devastating was the faceoff with Val. I knew it was inevitable, but man it still stung. I'm honestly glad that Solina seemed to feel that too. Val weasled his way in your heart throughout this series, and it wasn't an easy feat to cast him out.

And then there was Thorin.

Thorin was still the protective, mighty bit of yumminess that we've come to know and love. But I feel like we also got to see a much more vulnerable side to him this time that we haven't really seen much of before. I especially liked hearing more about his past in Asgard, even if it was incredibly heartbreaking.

It was nice to see him opening up to Solina and putting himself out there. And the chemistry between the two was off the charts!

Besides the smoking hot smoochy stuff there was that whole stopping the end of the world as we know it thing they were smack dab in the middle of.

Being that Solina and Thorin were more inclined to trust people (with a heavy dose of weariness, of course), that did put them in the position to possibly be betrayed by those closer to them. And there were many likely candidates for this. It was nearly impossible to foresee exactly who was truly on their side or just laying in wait to make their move against them.

Let us not forget to mention the incredibly awkward/adorable situation where Solina's parents finally came into the fold and were introduced/bombarded with the fact that she and her brother were not exactly human, Norse Myths are real, and all their lives are in danger. Oh, and mom & dad...have you met Thorin the God of Thunder?

I quite enjoyed Thorin whipping out his Hammer for them! And no pervs, that isn't an euphemism for something lewd.

We finally come to the EPIC final showdown at the end. I honestly LOVED the way it all played out. There were quite a few things that I didn't see coming that I wouldn't dream of spoiling for any of you. I will say I was honestly more surprised by those who stepped up and chose to act for what's right than the deceivers this time around. Which was a refreshing change of pace after the (cannot be topped) betrayal in the last book.

I thought things wrapped up nicely in general. It was sad to say goodbye to this story and these characters, and while I would have loved to get a little better of a glimpse past all this chaos and bloodshed, I was pleased to get the little sneak peek.

If you haven't started The Norse Chronicles yet, I highly recommend doing so! It is a perfect blend of Norse Mythology and modern atmosphere, and the series is now complete for you to gobble 'em all up at once!

*Thank you gif maker extraordinaires for the wealth of Thor related gifs on the interwebs that made this post possible*

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review.

**A special thanks to author Karissa Laurel for creating this awesome series, and so kindly sharing early copies and always shouting out your appreciation to your biggest fans (including little ole me!). I can't wait to see what you come up with next!**

review 2017-08-19 21:15
Brief Thoughts: One Snowy Night (novella)
One Snowy Night: A Heartbreaker Bay Christmas Novella - Jill Shalvis,Karen White

One Snowy Night
by Jill Shalvis
audio book narrated by Karen White
Heartbreaker Bay #2.5 (novella)

It’s Christmas Eve and Rory Andrews is desperate to get home to the family she hasn’t seen in years.  Problem is, her only ride to Lake Tahoe comes in the form of the annoyingly handsome Max Stranton, and his big, goofy, lovable dog Carl.

Hours stuck in a truck with the dead sexy Max sounds like a fate worse than death (not), but Rory’s out of options.  She’s had a crush on Max since high school and she knows he’s attracted to her, too.  But they have history… and Max is the only one who knows why it went south.

They’ve done a good job of ignoring their chemistry so far, but a long road trip in a massive blizzard might be just what they need to face their past… and one steamy, snowy night is all it takes to bring Max and Rory together at last.

One Snowy Night was a potentially sweet and fun little romance, with a road trip in snowy weather, and some thought-provoking ideas about forgiveness, change, growing up... the works.  Rory and Max were both nice characters, although they don't really stand out all that well.  Rory is the typical, down-on-her-luck girl, who has had a rough go of things, who is trying to get her life back together and make amends with her past.  Max is Standard Broody Alpha Male #1, who is also letting things in his past influence his decisions in present day.

To be honest, the conflict between Rory and Max was a rather legit, realistic issue.  The biggest problem that I kept seeing was that the two didn't know how to talk to each other.  Max is pissed at Rory for some reason, Rory has secrets she doesn't want to talk about.  And thus, it makes for a very lonely, and quiet car ride, when neither of the two want to talk at all about anything.

I got a little frustrated when Rory realized that something big was bugging Max that had to do with their high school years.  He didn't want to talk about it, and so Rory decided that she wouldn't ask him, despite the fact that she really wanted to find out why Max had a chip on his shoulder about her.  And thus, that carried on for a bit of time and made me roll my eyes.

Because, yes, let's just NOT talk about what the problem is and let it fester while the two of you drive for a few hours together in the wintry blizzard.

My feelings of relief was palpable when some nice old couple gave Rory the tip that she needed to look to the past to figure out how to fix her present.  I probably would have just told her that she just needed to learn to talk to Max, and vice versa, but I guess the old lady put it in a more worldly way.

Anyway, this is a cute little romance, probably not something I'd come back to.

Unless there's more of Carl, the big and goofy doberman to see; now HE was probably the best part of the book!

Source: anicheungbookabyss.blogspot.com/2017/08/brief-thoughts-one-snowy-night-novella.html
review 2017-08-19 21:08
Quick Thoughts: The Trouble with Mistletoe
The Trouble with Mistletoe: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel - Jill Shalvis,Karen White

The Trouble with Mistletoe
by Jill Shalvis
audio book narrated by Karen White
Book 2 of Heartbreaker Bay

If she has her way . . .

Willa Davis is wrangling puppies when Keane Winters stalks into her pet shop with frustration in his chocolate-brown eyes and a pink bedazzled cat carrier in his hand.  He needs a kitty sitter, stat.  But the last thing Willa needs is to rescue a guy who doesn’t even remember her . . .

He’ll get nothing but coal in his stocking.

Saddled with his great-aunt’s Feline from Hell, Keane is desperate to leave her in someone else’s capable hands.  But in spite of the fact that he’s sure he’s never seen the drop-dead-gorgeous pet shop owner before, she seems to be mad at him . . .

Unless he tempers “naughty” with a special kind of nice . . .

Willa can’t deny that Keane’s changed since high school: he’s less arrogant, for one thing—but can she trust him not to break her heart again?  It’s time to throw a coin in the fountain, make a Christmas wish—and let the mistletoe do its work . . .

If it's one thing I've come to understand, it's that Jill Shalvis books are charming even when you find them frustrating.

The Trouble with Mistletoe had an interesting premise to work from, however, you could readily tell that it wasn't something meant to be drawn out.  Keeping Keane in the dark about why Willa was always angry at him could have gotten out of hand, or it could have been an interesting twist; except that particular conflict was resolved quite early in the book that made me rather glad.  I figured it was kind of nice that Willa and Keane managed to take the adult way out and let the past go--after all, when you're young, you do stupid things that you might regret in the future.  And at least Keane was a good enough person to feel chagrined about being a jerk when he was a teenager.  And Willa was gracious enough to forgive and move on.

But then we come to a sort of "second half" of the contemporary romance... and things start getting frustrating.

To be honest, what I'd worried about for the first half, actually ended up happening in the second half of this romance.

Basically, there was a lot of wishy-washy, back-and-forth with these two, and it got to a point where I don't even know what either Keane or Willa wanted from each other.  I'm not even sure they knew what they wanted with each other, or themselves, or their own lives in general.  The same conflict kept getting dredged up in monologue about each other's inability to commit... or no, this is about the other person's inability to commit... but wait, it's about his/her own concerns about committing...

And it just kept going on like that:  "This is a very bad idea.  But let's have sex anyway."  "We're not doing this anymore... okay, maybe one more time.  But it's a bad idea."  "But you don't want attachments!"  "Wait, no, I guess it's me--I can't do attachments."  "But you said you don't get attached."

After the third time, it got old.

Meanwhile, I found myself also a bit frustrated with the side characters as well.  The last thing you ever want when you're going through a conflicting romance is for friends to be nosy, especially if they're also going to be nosy, interfering, disruptive, and unhelpful.  And while it might have seemed like a comedic insert for Willa's girl friends to be the nosy, interfering, disruptive, and unhelpful lot... it actually kind of got annoying.

Except for Rory.  I liked Rory--she was nosy, but she was also really sincere.  And Archer was pretty cool, too--he wasn't nosy, he wasn't interfering, and he wasn't disruptive; he wasn't really helpful either, but at least he offered to beat Keane up if Willa needed him to, no questions asked.  The rest of Willa's friends felt like they were there just for sheer entertainment.

Keane's staff was also a bit annoying as well.

And then, true to Jill Shalvis form, some tangential conflicts are introduced that are never properly resolved, such as Keane's relationship with his parents--you get a back story, you get frustration from him, you get a teaser... and that's it.

But as I'd stated before, as frustrating as this book got, it still managed to be charming somehow.  Keane's kitty-sitting adventure was certainly sweet and fun; Petunia was a typical Queen Cat, and totally makes you smile.  There's even a brief appearance of a small puppy with paws larger than his own head, and the scenes were super adorable.

This was a mediocre Jill Shalvis work, at best.  Still charming, but I can see where people may not enjoy it.

Source: anicheungbookabyss.blogspot.com/2017/08/quick-thoughts-trouble-with-mistletoe.html
review 2017-08-19 16:21
New Adult angst
After I Fall - Jessica Scott

Parker has had it with following her father and fiancé's orders, she wants to break free. When the offer of an internship leads her to the hot new bar The Pint, it's the owner who may be the chance of a lifetime.
Eli is out of the Army but you can't take the Army out of the man. His bar has become a haven for vets and as their pseudo commander, he watches over them all. When a high society miss, who he turned down the night before, comes in wanting the internship, he knows his world is about to be shaken up.

After I Fall, is the third installment of the Falling series. I haven't read the previous books and never felt lost, there are obvious previous characters and I think our hero and heroine are in the others but their romance starts here. Even though Parker and Eli are in their mid-twenties and thirties, this had a very New Adult feel to it. Each chapter is a pov change between the two, which is not a personal favorite of mine. The author did the changes fairly frequently, even in the middle of scenes, which had a tendency to break the scene for me and give a stop and go feel, keeping me out of the flow.

Parker was our poor little rich girl and Eli our bad boy soldier. This story was very trope heavy but every once in a while, there was a hint of nuances with the two that made them stand out a little bit. Parker has an abusive boyfriend and a rich daddy who doesn't pay attention to her but her business knowledge, she's trying to get into Grad school for her MBA, pops up to blow Eli out of the water with how he should market his business. Eli seems very still waters run deep but I didn't feel like we ever really got to dive into him. His big secret isn't revealed until around the 80% mark and while it was laid out, we never got the time to emotionally invest in it. However, the issues with how alienated soldiers feel when they return to civilian life and the complexity of how to manage and live with their emotions from living through war were dropped in here and there. The nuances are there but they weren't delved into or weaved in enough to become felt.

I couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed with Parker, her issue is written in a way that the heart of it seems to be that she simply won't go against her father's directives because then she'd have to pay rent for her own apartment; the father and fiancé villain characters were very underdeveloped. It's brought up that she tried to rebel once with a friend but once again, it's dropped in but never flushed out so we're left not really thinking much of it or getting an emotional impact from it. I had a hard time believing in Eli and Parker's relationship, the focuses is pretty much on them being angst-y sexually attracted to each other with Parker thinking the whole time she'll have to marry her fiancé and Eli thinking he could never be good enough for her.

The author has created a series with a handful of characters with deep troubled issues but the lack of depth and emotionally weaving them into the story hurt this installment. I believe Parker and Eli were sexually attracted to each other but not sure I buy into their long-term relationship.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-08-19 15:07
Senza nessun segreto - Laylah Attar

Avevo tenuto d'occhio questo libro molto prima della sua uscita in Italia, tutto mi attirava, dalla copertina meravigliosa alla trama particolare ed intrigante al posto giusto, inutile quindi sottolineare la gioia di ritrovarlo tradotto in italiano quando ormai avevo perso le speranze rassegnandomi a doverlo leggere in inglese.
Le miei aspettative erano altissime e per questo motivo, viste le precedenti esperienze, temevo una delusione che per fortuna... non c'è stata, anzi, Senza nessun segreto mi ha colpito nel profondo rivelandosi l'esatto opposto di quello che mi ero aspettata dopo averlo atteso per così tanto tempo, riuscendo a coinvolgermi ed emozionarmi come nessun Dark Romance era riuscito prima d'ora. A prima vista mi era sembrato un dark romance classico, troppo classico per essere interessante o memorabile, tutto lo faceva presupporre, l'inizio della storia infatti è un banale cliché da Dark, la ragazzetta biondissima, ricca e viziata, intenta a fare shopping alla faccia della povertà o della crisi che per oscuri motivi viene rapita dal belloccio super sexy e maledetto che apparentemente senza alcun motivo non esita a tormentarla e torturarla infliggendole umiliazioni e tagliandole (con mia somma gioia vista l'antipatia per la tizia) un dito. Dopo scene simili ero convintissima di aver capito tutto, sicuramente si sarebbe formata la classica love story maledetta, lei in preda alla peggior sindrome di Stoccolma mai vista lo avrebbe perdonato, si sarebbe innamorata, seducendolo e cercando di curare le sue ferite e l'animo tormentato, facendo la crocerossina e lui sarebbe cambiato con il potere dell'amore e delle coccole diventando un fidanzato smielato e tenerone, qualcosa di già visto no? E infatti no, perché è proprio quando la vicenda sembra scorrere troppo liscia, troppo nei canoni del genere dark che tutto cambia ed entriamo nel vivo della vicenda. Veniamo catapulti fin da subito nei ricordi di Skye, ricordi del suo passato che sembrano così distanti dalla situazione attuale, la ragazza ci presenta l'amata MaMaLu, la dolcissima tata che sempre si è presa cura di lei dopo la morte della madre ed Esteban, un buffo e ribelle ragazzino che l'ha sempre protetta, come una sorella minore, dei ricordi intimi e familiari che mal si sposavano con l'attuale condizione della protagonista tanto da avermi fatto venire il sospetto che fossero stati aggiunti solo per fare empatizzare con la ragazza, per fartela sembrare umana e soprattutto farti sentire in colpa per aver gongolato come una pazza alla scena del suo dito mozzato, me lo aspettavo più un espediente narrativo per riempire il vuoto e aumentare il numero delle pagine di psicologia spicciola, lei avrebbe ricordato il passato, il momento in cui non era ancora una aristocratica di quarto livello ma una del popolo, tanto da aver avuto a che fare con dei domestici e forse quell'esperienza avrebbe potuto portarla a capire le sofferenze del suo rapitore, un qualcosa di già visto e già sentito in troppi dark per essere originale invece nulla è lasciato al caso dall'autrice. Tutti quei ricordi hanno un senso e ci aiutano a capire fino in fondo non tanto Skye quanto Damian, quello che dovrebbe essere il cattivo della storia (e un po' lo è visto che tagliare le dita alla gente non è una cosa gentile)
In poco tempo scopriamo la vera identità su Damian, il ragazzo non è altri che il famoso Esteban, migliore amico della protagonista ed è proprio questo dettaglio che mi ha lasciato a bocca aperta. Mi rendo conto che con il senno di poi era palese, il famoso Esteban doveva saltare pur fuori prima o poi, o come eroe disposto a tutto per salvare l'amica (improbabile visti i non rapporti tra i due dopo l'infanzia) o come super cattivo. Eppure trovarsi Esteban lì davanti con tutta la sua negatività e crudeltà, così contrapposto al ragazzino ribelle in passato così dolce e protettivo verso l'amica mi ha spiazzata. L'autrice forza così la mano spingendoti a leggere pagina dopo pagina per capire cosa ha cambiato il giovane, perché ha cambiato il nome diventando uno spietato rapitore e potenziale assassino, perché ha rapito l'amica di infanzia e soprattutto perché vuole vendicarsi del padre della ragazza. Non ci troviamo più di fronte un dark ma un romanzo più introspettivo e psicologico, più i protagonisti si riavvicinano e più aumentano le riflessioni, i misteri, i dubbi e le paure da parte di entrambi ed è proprio quando il romanzo sembra aver in qualche modo raggiunto l'apice, il punto di non ritorno che bum, colpo di scena, l'autrice stupisce ancora decidendo di cambiare prospettiva e raccontare l'altra parte della storia, mostrare l'altro lato della medaglia permettendoci di vedere dietro Damian, dentro Esteban. Ci ritroviamo di fronte la spiegazione di cui avevamo bisogno ma che non eravamo pronti ad accettare, conosciamo MaMaLu nel profondo e scopriamo come non fosse solo una dolce tata ma anche e soprattutto una donna, una madre coraggiosa che ha sempre lottato per il suo bambino,proteggendolo da realtà difficili, da un padre che non ha esitato a fuggire come un coniglio, dalla fatica di una vita da domestica, una vita contrapposta a quella scintillante di Skye, i ricordi della bionda erano luminosi, carichi di luce e buoni sentimenti, una tata che era ai suoi occhi una madre e una regina, che sembrava sua pari quando la realtà, quella vera, è un altra, era un'altra, Esteban e la madre hanno sempre dovuto lottare per sopravvivere, per riuscire a non farsi abbattere dalla vita e non sono stati altro che domestici per il mondo circostante Lo stesso padre che la fanciulla difende e dipinge come eroe era in realtà invischiato fino al collo in attività illecite che in poco tempo trascinano Esteban e la madre nell'inferno. La donna viene crudelmente imprigionata, con la sola colpa di aver visto troppo, di essersi troppo affezionata alla bambina e aver cercato di proteggerla. Esteban si ritrova prigioniero di un incubo, solo e costretto a vivere con uno zio alcolista troppo intento a bere che ad interessarsi del nipote, che arriva a rubare i soldi al ragazzo, quei preziosi soldi che lui risparmiava con fatica per poter passare anche solo un giorno in compagnia della sua MaMaLu. Esteban è costretto a cambiare, si sente tradito dal mondo, dal signore che vedeva quasi come un re, che sembrava avere nelle sue mani il potere di cambiare la vita agli altri grazie ai suoi soldi e status sociale, da Skye, la prima vera amica che neanche lo ha salutato, che non si è preoccupata dei suoi sentimenti, che il giorno in cui lui correva disperato dietro la sua auto urlando il suo nome ha finto di non sentirlo, decidendo di dimenticarlo.
Esteban sprofonda sempre di più in un incubo, inizia a sporcarsi le mani per sopravvivere, è costretto a uccidere, a spacciare, un peso troppo grande per un adolescente, per un ragazzino solo che ha la sola speranza di rivedere la madre, speranza che la vita gli strappa, impedendogli non solo di vederla ma portando via la vita alla donna, prima di poter abbracciare il figlio, anche solo un'ultima volta. Esteban è così annientato, doppio è il dolore quando scopre che ad adottarlo, a farlo diventare Damian è lo stesso uomo che ha causato la morte della madre, che ha chiesto al padre di Skye di liberarsi di lei in quanto testimone scomoda. Per Damian è l'inizio della vendetta e in compagnia dell'amico Rafael, l'unico frammento di felicità, l'unica persona ancora pulita ai suoi occhi, un amico prezioso, un fratello da difendere, che inizia il suo tentativo di riprendersi una vita, di vendicarsi delle persone che l'hanno distrutta.
Damian vuole che Warner Sedgewick soffra come lui ha sofferto e pensa che togliergli l'amata figlia sia un prezzo equo, una vita per una vita eppure Skye lo confonde, quella ragazza è ancora, sotto quell'aria da ricca viziata, la bimba con un buco tra i denti che giocava con lui, che da bimba lo chiamava a gran voce, è la bambina che aveva promesso di stare al suo fianco sempre e che lui aveva promesso di difendere arrivando a picchiare un compagno di classe per riuscire nell'intento.
Il lettore viene quindi trascinato nella storia tra i due e poco importa quando i due effettivamente si baceranno, al contrario di altri romanzi più Dark in cui si aspetta con trepidazione l'atto sessuale si cerca altro, si cerca di andare oltre la superficie, si vuole vedere l'anima dei due ragazzi e cosa sceglieranno, se sceglieranno l'amore o lasceranno che la vendetta li separi per sempre. Leylah riesce con maestria ad entrare perfettamente nelle teste dei due, riesce a mostrarci ogni singolo cambiamento ed emozione. Skye per tutti all'inizio è una ragazzetta, una delle tante, troppo ricca per avere un cuore, troppo superficiale per meritare di vivere, ho passato la prima parte del libro a godere di ogni umiliazione, ogni parola cattiva, ogni silenzio forzato che doveva subire e credo fosse proprio questo l'intento dell'autrice creare un personaggio odioso ed insopportabile così da portarti ad amarlo in seguito. Non pensavo potesse essere possibile ma mi sono innamorata di Skye, mi sono commossa quando la giovane ha iniziato a cambiare, rendendosi conto di non vivere più in un castello, di non essere più la fatina delle fiabe ma di essere nel mondo reale, un mondo dove le persone soffrono, dove dietro un sorriso c'è spesso una smorfia di dolore, dove la mamma MaMaLu sorrideva anche se portava un peso nel cuore più grande di lei, dove Esteban non l'aveva abbandonata crudelmente ma era stato piegato a un destino che nessuno dovrebbe anche solo immaginare, un destino che lo ha spezzato trasformandolo nell'uomo pieno di ombre e desideroso di vendetta. Skye è costretta a cambiare, a guardare il mondo per la prima volta ed è messa di fronte alla realtà, che uno degli uomini che tanto ama verrà annientato del tutto. Si ritrova a dover lottare con se stessa contro i demoni di Damian, per riuscire a far rinascere dalle ceneri Esteban. Il modo in cui i due si avvicinano, con dolore, con tenerezza, come due bambini, come quei bambini che tanto tempo prima giocavano insieme è commovente.
Non troviamo quindi solo un dark romance ma anche una storia dolce e tenera, una storia che sa essere dolce come il miele ma anche amara, dura, cattiva . Con abilità e destrezza Leylah riesce a mixare più generi, non basandosi troppo sulla componente dark ed erotica (comunque presente) ma anche sull'amore, sul romance, sull'introspezione. Senza nessun segreto è un mix di generi, un mix riuscito benissimo che porta anche il lettore a comprendere insegnamenti importanti, come la vendetta non sia sempre la scelta migliore ma anzi rischi di distruggerci, solo infatti abbandonando i nostri demoni, quel desiderio che ci soffoca e imprigiona riusciamo a vedere la vera luce, a trovare l'amore e la felicità, ci insegna come anche dietro il sorriso più dolce si nasconda in realtà la sofferenza, come anche le persone che amiamo possono nascondere segreti che possono distruggerci la vita. Senza nessun segreto è un libro forte e intenso che mi sento di consigliare a tutti, sono convinta che guardando oltre la prima parte un po' più dark e le dita mozzate potrete apprezzare la storia, una storia che oltre le mie aspettative e convinzioni racconta di un amore sofferto, combattuto ma forte, che va a momenti oltre la logica, un amore che è vita e perdono perché è il perdono che lo alimenta e tiene vivo, un amore imperfetto che però porta cambiamento e rinascita, una rinascita che permette a una ragazzina frivola e arrogante di diventare una donna meravigliosa e forte come MaMaLu, una donna disposta per la prima volta a fare del bene per altri, che anche attraverso la miseria riesce a trovare un motivo per andare avanti, una rinascita che permette a un uomo dal passato distrutto di dimenticare i suoi sogni di vendetta, di fare la pace con il bimbo spaventato che ha dentro di sé e riuscire a mettere per la prima volta nella sua vita DAVVERO la SUA vita in gioco per un'altra persona, che gli permette di diventare un padre sicuramente non perfetto ma migliore di uno che scappa come un codardo abbandonando il figlio.
Se siete alla ricerca di emozioni e non avete paura di soffrire durante la lettura, se volete emozioni vive e autentiche che ti incantano e costringono a piagnucolare durante e soprattutto dopo, questo libro fa sicuramente al caso vostro. Per quanto mi riguarda mi ritengo estremamente soddisfatta, è stata una scoperta e una lettura meravigliosa e ora sono estremamente curiosa di leggere altre opere della Attar in quanto il suo stile è meraviglioso e l'autrice ha dimostrato di riuscire a gestire alla perfezione più generi e poterli mixare senza rovinare la storia ma anzi arricchendola di significato e importanza.