logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-22 12:51
ARC REVIEW Cogheart by Peter Bunzl
CogheartCogheart Adventures #1, I'm not usually one to read kids books unless it's for my kids. This book caught my eye as most younger generation books do it looked interesting and it's was about something I enjoy reading about, and I do enjoy steampunk. While reading this book I kept thinking about Steamboy and Castle in the Sky needless to say in my mind's eye I kept seeing this as an anime. Descriptive narrative was great it was easy picturing an alternate Victorian England the action was exciting and the steampunk elements were wonderful. Could have used a little more character development but this is just the first book it was enough to get me interested in reading the other two and suggesting it to my daughter. I also think this would transfer great to graphic novel format.

Lily Harman stuck in an all girls school longed for adventure. Robert Townsend wishes he could work on airships and not a horologist like his father. Lily's world is turned upside down when her father, a famous mechanist, disappears after his airship crashed and is presumed dead. Malkin, Lily's mechanimal, was with Lily's father when the ship went down but escaped so he could deliver a message to Lily. Robert found Malkin rundown and injured and with men searching the village for him and Robert's father was luckily able to repair Malkin. Lily's so called guardian retrieved her from the hell that was her school and brought her back home only to become a prisoner in her own home. Lily knows something is wrong and won't stop until she finds out what happened to her father, unfortunately the letter her father sent with Malkin explaining everything was damaged and she's still left with more questions than answers. All she knows is that her father created a machine that could change the world and it's missing and it's up to Lily, Robert, and Malkin to discover the truth.

Overall, this was a great story. I enjoyed it so much.

review 2019-02-22 07:10
Blog Tour w/ Review - The Crush Collision

The Crush Collision

by Danielle Ellison

(Southern Charmed #2)

Publication Date: February 18, 2019

Publisher: Entangled Teen: Crush

Haley Howell has had a hopeless crush on her brother’s best friend, Jake Lexington, for as long as she can remember. Too bad to him, she’ll forever be off-limits. But with senior year and acceptance to a college outside their tiny southern town of Culler, South Carolina, comes new confidence. Haley’s ready to get Jake to notice her—whatever it takes.

No one in Culler notices the real Jake anymore—to them, he’s nothing more than the star football player or the kid with the family tragedy. When one mistake lands him in community service, he’s shocked to find his best friend’s little sister there, too, looking cute as hell and threatening all his no-friends-with-benefits rules. But Jake isn’t ready to take a chance, no matter how crafty Haley’s willing to get to prove him otherwise…

Link to Goodreads:

Purchase Links:

Amazon | Amazon Australia | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada | B&N | iBooks | Kobo

Link to Tour Schedule:

The Crush Collision (Southern Charmed, #2)The Crush Collision by Danielle Ellison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is #2, in the Southern Charmed series. This can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Haley has been in love with her brother's best friend for years. When they have more in common during the school year - they end up spending time together. Can she keep it a secret from her own BFF who thinks she is in love with Jake?

Jake is finding this the worst year of his life. The only thing he looks forward to right now is spending time with his best friend's little sister. He wants to tell everyone but knows it will cut their time together short. Will he get the guts to tell all?

This series is so good. I love the couples and friendships. This is my favorite trope - no secret there - but I especially love when its done right. I loved the characters and how rich and deep they were. Considering all the touchy subjects touched on in the book this was a terrific way to read about them.

***This early copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers, in exchange for an honest review only.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Danielle Ellison is a nomad, always on the lookout for an adventure and the next story. In addition to writing, she’s the founder and coordinator of the NoVa TEEN Book Festival. When she’s not busy with books, she’s probably watching her favorite shows, drinking coffee, or fighting her nomadic urges. She is newly settled in Oklahoma (for now) with her cat, Simon, but you can always find her on twitter @DanielleEWrites.

Website • Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • Goodreads

Blog Tour and materials provided by:

review 2019-02-22 05:33
Aware
Rules of Engagement - Mika Jolie

This is book #3, in the Platonically Complicated series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and to fully understand the series, I recommend reading these in order.

Lucas finds himself attracted to his best friend's sister.  He tries to hold out, since she is also his friend, but the thoughts just get more frequent and more dangerous.  When a mutual friend to them both suggests they get together, even fake, he has no idea what he is in for.

Kate is wishing she could go back in time.  To a place when she had no feelings for her brother's best friend.  Lucas intrigues her.  He also heats her up when he touches her anywhere.

Such a great series and this is a great addition!  The characters banter literally makes me laugh out loud.  I loved the friends and families and how close they are.  I also loved what a great father the leading man in this story is.  Such a joy to read!  I give this book  5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2019-02-22 03:52
Forbidden
The Crush Collision (Southern Charmed #2) - Danielle Ellison

This is #2, in the Southern Charmed series.  This can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Haley has been in love with her brother's best friend for years.  When they have more in common during the school year - they end up spending time together.  Can she keep it a secret from her own BFF who thinks she is in love with Jake?

Jake is finding this the worst year of his life.  The only thing he looks forward to right now is spending time with his best friend's little sister.  He wants to tell everyone but knows it will cut their time together short.  Will he get the guts to tell all?

This series is so good.  I love the couples and friendships.  This is my favorite trope - no secret there - but I especially love when its done right.  I loved the characters and how rich and deep they were.  Considering all the touchy subjects touched on in the book this was a terrific way to read about them.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2019-02-22 03:41
Helpless
Play to Win - Kelly Jamieson

Theo gets an unexpected visit from a relative.  Not sure what to make of the out-of-the-blue visit, he goes out to celebrate with some of his team friends.  That's when he meets the vision he wants to protect.

Lacey is having a really bad day.  Her brother stole from her.  Then he sold her to some goons he owes money to.  What can she do without having to pay his debt?  Then she meets the handsome former hockey player with the sexy eyes.

This is a new series by a great author.  She is always a sure purchase author.  Hockey makes it all the better for me to read.  I loved the humor, the suspense, and especially the heat that jumped off the page with this couple.  Sexy and sweet, this book was a great read.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange by Netgalley and its publishers, for an honest review.