logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-23 08:05
Blog Tour w/Review - Going In Deep

Going in Deep (Billionaire Bad Boys, Book 4)

by Carly Phillips

Date of Publication: May 9, 2017

Blurb:

He isn't Mr. Nice Guy…

Julian Dane thought he'd hit rock bottom — until he met a woman (isn't that what they all say?). He used her and broke her heart. Now he wants to turn things around but the damage he dealt stands in his way.

Kendall Parker's unique issues have made it hard to live a normal life. Very few people understand her and she trusts even less … but she believed in Julian once, and he only betrayed her.

Now Julian is back — a new man — and determined to win Kendall's heart. But this reformed bad boy just might find that Going in Deep is harder than it looks.

Billionaire Bad Boys: Rich, Powerful and Sexy as hell.

All Billionaire Bad Boys Novels stand alone!

Available From:

Amazon (Kindle) B&N (Nook) Kobo iBooks Google Play Amazon (Print)

Going in Deep (Billionaire Bad Boys, #4)Going in Deep by Carly Phillips
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book #4, in the Billionaire Bad Boys series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading series books in order.

Julian is recovering from hitting the absolute bottom. He takes the steps to getting better seriously now. He is trying to make amends where he can.

Kendall has her own issues. While health is important, the heart wants what it wants. Can she go back to loving the man who makes her heart melt? Or was the past too much for the new her to handle?

These characters are obviously meant to be together. What is even better, they both have taken the time to get their own personal selves better. I think this story shows how important it is to take care of your own business before worrying about someone else. Then you are free to love as you like.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

About Carly Phillips:

After a successful fifteen-year career with various New York publishing houses, and over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels published, N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips is now an Indie author who writes to her own expectations and that of her readers. She continues the tradition of hot men and strong women and plans to publish many more sizzling stories. Carly lives in Purchase, NY with her family, two nearly adult daughters and two crazy dogs who star on her Facebook Fan Page and website. She's a writer, a knitter of sorts, a wife, and a mom. In addition, she's a Twitter and Internet junkie and is always around to interact with her readers. You can find out more about Carly at www.carlyphillips.com.

Find Carly Phillips Online:

Hosted by:

review 2017-05-23 02:25
Only human
Sensational Sinners - Peter Styles

Wyatt thinks he has finally found the perfect man.  Who knew an app could help out with these kinds of things?  There are secrets that his new man will not reveal.  What will happen with everything gets real?

Lincoln has things he feels he needs to hide.  He has a very public alter ego.  The private him is thrilled to catch Wyatt's interest.  Can they compromise enough to find a future?

These guys click right from the start!  The sexual tension, the heat, the banter.... it is all so very good.  There is always an obstacle, however, and these two have to leap over the elephant in the room.  I really enjoyed reading about these two characters.  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2017-05-23 02:11
Better now
Going In Deep - Carly Phillips

This is book #4, in the Billionaire Bad Boys series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading series books in order.

Julian is recovering from hitting the absolute bottom.  He takes the steps to getting better seriously now.  He is trying to make amends where he can.

Kendall has her own issues.  While health is important, the heart wants what it wants.  Can she go back to loving the man who makes her heart melt?  Or was the past too much for the new her to  handle?

These characters are obviously meant to be together.  What is even better, they both have taken the time to get their own personal selves better.  I think this story shows how important it is to take care of your own business before worrying about someone else.  Then you are free to love as you like.  I give this book a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

show activity (+)
review 2017-05-23 01:58
Book Review: Lace by K.C. Wells
Lace - K.C. Wells,Meredith Russell

I'm of two minds about this book.

On one hand, this was perfect, kinky erotica, and I love how much emotion this author always puts into the sexy times. Also, manties. Yum!!

On the other hand, Dave is a jerk for outing Shawn's personal kink to someone else, and both of them suffer from "can't-talk-about-shit-itis". So frustrating.

Why four stars, then, you ask? Because it's K.C. Wells and I just adore her particular brand of magic. There's definitely a connection between the two men - best mates for ages - that turns to more when one of them finds out the other is not so straight after all, and the other finds some lacy knickers in a dresser drawer that prompts a WTF and a BJ.

Except, they just. Can't. Seem. To. TALK to each other. One makes a bloody stupid assumption, and the other makes a bloody stupid assumption, and they get all tangled into knots about each other and what the other might be feeling.

Jeez, guys, communicate, eh? It's not that difficult, right? OMG, they frustrated me to no end. I'm sure the author intended that, so - success!!

I liked both of them, except for that shit Dave pulls when he tells another guy about Shawn's proclivity for silky/lacy drawers, which is so uncool. Super uncool. I'm shocked that Shawn didn't seem to care all that much about Dave outing his little secret, especially considering that Shawn goes to the same gym, and seriously? *snarls*

But, my God, when they burn up the sheets, and then when they finally get it together? Yeah - that's where this book shines, and I was feeling all happy and gooey inside after the ending.

So, I'm of two minds, but the enjoyment side won out. It's a quick read, though I wouldn't recommend reading it during lunch time unless you work from home, and in that case, what are you waiting for? Read it!!

** I received a free copy of this book from Signal Boost Promotions. A positive review was not promised in return. **

show activity (+)
review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-05-22 21:10
#36 - A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!

Feyre went through a bit of a transformation in ACOMAF, the most obvious one is that she becomes a Fae. But it is not the only one; Feyre has lived a nightmare under the mountain and she has done things she will regret for the rest of her (immortal) life. But that also made her stronger. At the end of ACOMAF, she is not the same girl she was, so be prepared to meet the new Feyre in ACOWAR. She is deadly, unforgiving and you’d better not be her enemy, (just saying).

I have a million thoughts about this book and I feel like this review is gonna be a mess(I also feel like I’m often saying that). I won’t be able to write anything coherent with a structure and all that. It will just be messy (don’t say I did not warn you).

Feyre is back in the Spring Court with Tamlin and she is acting like she lived a nightmare in the Night Court (because Rhys is such a bad guy), but she is actually plotting her revenge to tear the Spring Court apart. Tamlin is such a brat, I want to strangle him. Seriously he was getting on my nerves after a few pages (my opinion has not changed but the end of the book made me a bit more sympathetic to him. Just a bit). Lucien is not as naïf as Tamlin (seriously, I don’t understand how he could not see anything happening, is it possible to be that blind?!) and he begins to have doubts about Feyre’s intention. Alis also knows Feyre is up to something and she asks her to liver her out of it. Well, a lot happens and in the end Feyre destroys them. The court is not trusting Tamlin anymore and it is chaos. Feyre leaves with Lucien (after smashing Ianthe’s hands. That was brutal, by the way).

Then it is the long awaited reunion between Feyre and Rhys (don’t tell me you were not waiting for it), and I was kind of disappointed. Too much sex, not enough talk. The sex scenes were not really to my taste and they weren’t necessary I think. But anyway, I was so happy they were finally back together. Feyre also gets to see all her friends, but most importantly her sisters (who are also Fae now) and it is not such a happy reunion. Nesta is as cold as ever and really protective towards Elain, while the later is depressive. They are trying to find a way to resist Hybern and they are planning a meeting with the other High Lords to try to form alliances. A lot of stuff happened, Feyre is making new dangerous "friends" and searches for some powerful objects that everyone is afraid of. Then the war happens and miraculously, everyone lives. I was so ready for someone to die, I thought it would be Cassian and I was so scared, but I was ready. But nothing happened. Well, yes, Rhys dies. Oh no, he came back from the dead. Just like Feyre. I did not believe it for one second. And it happens so fast that you don’t even have the time to be sad.

There is also a tiny bit of diversity in this book and I did not expect it. It was a great twist in Mor/Cassian/Az story. I loved all the new characters and I’m glad to see more of some of them. Nesta is my new favourite, honestly. She is so great! I also did not expect to see Feyre’s father. Maybe it should have been obvious but I almost cried when he appeared (well, it was not a long apparition, but still). Feyre is ready to do anything to protect those she loves (Rhys is beating everyone in this category, is this male even real? He is probably Abnegation).

I’m really excited about the new stories to come about this world because Sarah J Maas did a really good job building all this. I loved every page of this book and I am so sad it’s already over. One word to describe this trilogy: perfection