logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Rhonda-Woodward
Load new posts () and activity
review 2013-10-12 14:00
Lady Emma's Dilemma by Rhonda Woodward
Lady Emma's Dilemma - Rhonda Woodward,Rhonda Woodword

Once lovers, Lady Emmaline and Baron Devreux have differing points of view concerning a long-ago tryst --and some "what ifs." But in an unexpected encounter, the two simply have too many questions and the answers only come by moonlight-with a little mischief.

The book was an enjoyable read. As in Austen's Persuasion, the hero and heroine are given a second chance at a relationship. Emma and Jack were going to elope thirteen years ago. However, on that fateful night, Jack's strange behavior (which included driving off in the wrong direction) caused her to walk away. Unlike Anne Elliott, Emma did marry to please her family. It was an unhappy marriage and Emma lost a child to illness. Now a widow, she's returning to London society after several years. Jack, during this time, has reclaimed his family's honor and established a successful stud farm. He never married, but he's not a rake either: he's had mistresses, but never for very long: he still loves Emma.

It's nice to read a Regency where the heroine, a member of the ton, has real friends of the same social standing. Emma's friends are not rivals in love, fashion, or hospitality. Though she is the granddaughter/sister of a duke, her friends are not inferior to her, like Harriet Smith to Austen's Emma. They are real friends who enjoy each other's company and "hang out" with each other.

The end was a bit annoying and drawn out. Emma kept waffling about trusting Jack, even after she'd admitted her feelings and he'd made his intentions known.

Finished: 10 April 2006

Disclaimer: I purchased this book.

(Note: A review from 2007. Cross-posted from blog)

review 2013-06-10 00:00
White Roses and Starlight
White Roses and Starlight - Rhonda Woodw... White Roses and Starlight - Rhonda Woodward It's wonderful to see Rhonda Woodward writing again and she brings back her simple and light romantic style with White Roses and Starlight.Miss Marina Buckleigh is the eldest daughter of a baron and for being only nineteen has a nice head on her shoulders and takes everything in strive until she meets with a blond Adonis who takes her only a moonlight waltz . But everything stops when she runs face to face with Lord Fitzhugh Marquis of Cortland. It's been a awhile since I read where there's strong infatuation on the heroine's part. While that story wasn't done very well, but I don't have to say that about this book. Marina acts like a teen who has her first crush, thankfully doesn't act stupid or gets all hot and bother on the whim. Her infatuation quickly starts to die as a mature emotions start to emerge. All of us remember being a teen could understand Marina as she got carried away, it didn't diminish her as a character only made her stronger as she just grew from being a young teen to a young woman. While shortly blinded by her blond Adonis, Marina and Cortland draw swords from the start and slowly it evolves into a more understanding relationship. Cortland is one of my favorite type of hero. Being unapologetic about being who he is. A tad cool on the outside but baby does he burn bright on the outside. Being forced by his grandfather a duke to make he own way in the world. He sees things from a different angle the others. It doesn't mean he's all so perfect,nope, he is though willing to change and let down his shields. All the characters from the mean tabbies to the not so great suitors to Marina and Cortland's families and friends were all nicely done given a light touch to this overall gentle romantic story.
review 2013-04-19 00:00
Lady Emma's Dilemma - Rhonda Woodward,Rhonda Woodword Ugh

Bad writing made me stop
review 2013-04-15 00:00
Lady Emma's Dilemma - Rhonda Woodward,Rhonda Woodword A theme I always love to read is that of second chances and for Lady Emma and Baron Jack Devreux, their second chance at love was a long time coming. Thirteen years both Emma and Jack were young and in love, Jack building back his estate after his father nearly ruined it and Emma the shining star on the ton. Due to Emma's family being against the match, Jack and Emma decided to run away and elope but before they can go far fears and youth drive them apart until years later Emma's return to Society and meeting Jack again sets them up to go full circle. The story was that of pure fluff, simple and to the point with the characters on center stage with the secondary characters were just that and moved the story along. Both Emma and Jack have their disagreements, but seem to always get tossed back together and this opens up their chance to finally clear up their long overdue misunderstanding. "You are faced with quite the dilemma." he finally said, his lips still against her ear. Opening her passion heavy lids, she pulled back and met his gaze "Dilemma?" "You may hate me, but, my dear Lady Fallbrook, you want me just as much" Now I found this the most glaring problem overall in the whole story, it was the big misunderstanding and the duration of years which I found a little unbelievable. Still I think this gave them a chance to grow up as adults and not rush head long into something their weren't ready for yet. Adorable and fun read that hit the fluff spot!
review 2013-04-03 00:00
Moonlight and Mischief: Signet Regency Romance (Intermix) - Rhonda Woodward This hit the spot. I was in much needed dose of fluff and Moonlight and Mischief gave me just that. Reprinted in ebook format, and a sequel to The Wagered Heart. You have the misunderstood rake theme, that may been used way to many times, it nice that this rake Lord Haverstone knows he's a rake and okay with it, until he falls in love with Mariah Thorncroft. Mariah born from a trade family with a huge dowry hanging on her head. Mariah doesn't trust men who are interested in her. Tell that to Mrs.Thorncroft who wants her daughter to marry a peer and title! To makes matters worse her brother,foxed off his butt gets her into a pickle when he offers her and her dowry to the rake Haverstone one night. Haverstone or just Stone lost a good fortune one night that Steven Throncroft oversaw, making him an outrageous offer for his sister and her money. Finding humor in the who thing, Stone invites the Throncrofts to a county party. Expect months go by and he forgets he invited them! Stone is smooth but underneath that polish lingers a artist and a good man who doesn't believe in love without strings just fun and passion right now. He's surprised at the emotions Mariah brings in him. As he starts to talk to her and learn about her. Mariah isn't the only one who doesn't believe in love without strings attached. Her money has always been the road block for Mariah. Their gap of status is what they have to bridge in order to see what love is standing in front of them. The book was given a light touch from the misunderstandings to the charcters themselves. Although at times a bit repetitious (Mariah dowry mentioned) it was the just a fun and light romance.