logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Rick-Riordan
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-05-08 02:08
The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo #2) (Audiobook) - DNF
The Trials of Apollo, Book Two: The Dark Prophecy - Rick Riordan,Robbie Daymond

I think I've reached my saturation point with this author. As much as I enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, it was something of a struggle to get through it by the end since there's not a lot variation in the themes. I knew I needed to take a break from Riordan's writing before considering another series. I thought this would be that series, and I really enjoyed the first one.

But man, Apollo is an annoying self-centered brat! :P If that character type appeals to you, you'll love this series, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't like Apollo, I couldn't remember any of the other characters, themes and conflicts are again getting repetitive. I was struggling to pay attention or care about anything. I even went back to the point where my attention first started wandering and tried to listen again, but it just wasn't working for me.

This is no fault of the narrator - or maybe in an ironic way it is. He performed wonderfully and he really got the Apollo character down pat, in all his conceited glory. :D

review 2018-04-27 14:47
Review:The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan

The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come

Another great, light, funny and quick read with our friend Percy and his friend.
Like the first book I really enjoyed this book. Percy again grows a lot in thus book. Now that he is more familiar with the gods, camp half-blood and such things come easier for him. Well most the time. Other times he still is sometimes walking around with his blinders on lol. He is back with the gang and camp half-blood and its people are once again in trouble and it is up to Percy and crew to safe it.
We meet some new people and even come across, face to face with some of the gods, Some unlikely people become allies and others not so much . I really enjoyed some of the new people we meet and what they brought to the story good or bad ort sometimes just awkwardly funny.
Overall I really enjoyed this light and fun adventure and look forward to the next book in this so far awesome series that the whole family can enjoy. Young or old or just somewhere in the middle ;)
I rate it 5 ★

review 2018-04-07 02:19
Book One: The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones
The Maze of Bones - Rick Riordan

Amy and Dan and all the Cahill relatives have come together to say goodbye to their grandmother. She has left a very cryptic will, where the people who have been listed in the will are given a choice...take $1 million dollars and go on their way or give it up and using clues find the secret of the Cahill Clan. Amy and Dan, both orphans, have decided to take the challenge. Their aunt, their grandmother's sister, has stated that she will give them to CPS in MA if they do this and she is willing to follow through. They convince their au pair to help them on their quest.

They follow Benjamin Franklin from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania and then to France.

In this instance, I started with the first book and my girls loved it! I borrowed the audio version (again, driving in the car) and they were with me and when we got home we had to finish playing the audio so they could hear the ending. I think I will be borrowing the rest of the story. This has many different authors and I am interested to see where the story leads and how different authors will move the story along.

review 2018-02-09 16:46
The Lost Hero
The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan,Joshua Swanson

I always have a lot of fun with Rick Riordan's books, and this was not different. I'm make a full review of the entire series when I'm done, but for now just know that I'm loving this!

review 2018-02-06 14:09
Review: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse—Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena—Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

First of I should say that I have watched the movie that came out few years ago. While the movie was not the best I still enjoyed the story. But that being said I knew a lot of the things happening in book one and not much surprised me but solely because I watched the movie and not because it was super easy to predict. Also I’m much older than the target audience but that did not stop me from loving this book just as much.
I’m not sure what else is there to say that has not been said about this book so I will make it short and sweet.
If you like and are a fan of Greek Mythology than this book is a must read for you. But really anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy this book.
It is packed full, action, plot twist and is hard to put down, It is super easy to get lost in the world with Percy and his friends. All of them are very likable and enjoyable.
Not to mention this book is super funny and had me laughing out loud on many occasions.
All I can say is that I highly recommend this book to anyone, no matter age.
I rate it 5 ★