logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Rick-Riordan
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-07 02:19
Book One: The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones
The Maze of Bones - Rick Riordan

Amy and Dan and all the Cahill relatives have come together to say goodbye to their grandmother. She has left a very cryptic will, where the people who have been listed in the will are given a choice...take $1 million dollars and go on their way or give it up and using clues find the secret of the Cahill Clan. Amy and Dan, both orphans, have decided to take the challenge. Their aunt, their grandmother's sister, has stated that she will give them to CPS in MA if they do this and she is willing to follow through. They convince their au pair to help them on their quest.

They follow Benjamin Franklin from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania and then to France.

In this instance, I started with the first book and my girls loved it! I borrowed the audio version (again, driving in the car) and they were with me and when we got home we had to finish playing the audio so they could hear the ending. I think I will be borrowing the rest of the story. This has many different authors and I am interested to see where the story leads and how different authors will move the story along.

review 2018-02-09 16:46
The Lost Hero
The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan,Joshua Swanson

I always have a lot of fun with Rick Riordan's books, and this was not different. I'm make a full review of the entire series when I'm done, but for now just know that I'm loving this!

review 2018-02-06 14:09
Review: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse—Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena—Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

First of I should say that I have watched the movie that came out few years ago. While the movie was not the best I still enjoyed the story. But that being said I knew a lot of the things happening in book one and not much surprised me but solely because I watched the movie and not because it was super easy to predict. Also I’m much older than the target audience but that did not stop me from loving this book just as much.
I’m not sure what else is there to say that has not been said about this book so I will make it short and sweet.
If you like and are a fan of Greek Mythology than this book is a must read for you. But really anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy this book.
It is packed full, action, plot twist and is hard to put down, It is super easy to get lost in the world with Percy and his friends. All of them are very likable and enjoyable.
Not to mention this book is super funny and had me laughing out loud on many occasions.
All I can say is that I highly recommend this book to anyone, no matter age.
I rate it 5 ★

review 2018-01-07 21:28
Die Karawane zieht weiter
Helden des Olymp, Band 4: Das Haus des Hades - Rick Riordan,Gabriele Haefs

...es gibt zwar keinen durstigen Sultan, dafür aber eine übermächtige Gaia. Weswegen unsere Helden immer noch unterwegs sind. Ich finde es absolut in Ordnung, dass sich so ein dramatisches Problem hinziehen kann. Man muss ja nicht gleich alles innerhalb von einem Buch gelöst haben, das war bei der "Percy Jackson Reihe" ja auch nicht so. Doch allerdings haben die Bücher für mich ein wenig den Esprit verloren. Man merkt es vor allem in diesem Band an den unterschiedlichen Erzählsträngen. Es gibt Percy und Annabeth, die im Tartarus dahinwandeln, und den "neuen" Rest, der auf der Argus II rumgurkt. Die Figuren Percy und Annabeth sind in meinen Augen sehr viel ausgereifter und geformter. Womöglich liegt es auch nur daran, dass man nun schon einige Bücher über sie gelesen hat, aber bei ihnen gerate ich schon mal ins Schmunzeln. Da habe ich mich immer etwas gefreut, wenn wir mal wieder in der Unterwelt waren (sollte wahrscheinlich nicht der Grundgedanke sein). Leider kommt man immer wieder zu den neuen Figuren zurück, die immer etwas farblos und oberflächlich geblieben sind. Jeder hat nur eine Charaktereigenschaft (laaaaaangweilig!) Anders ist wohl das ganze Konstrukt auch nicht tragbar, denn bei so viel Abenteuer, das sie erleben, ist eben nicht genügend Raum für tiefer gehende Analysen. Und das ist etwas, was ich sehr öde finde. Es ist eine Aneinanderreihung von Kleinstkatastrophen. Kein Witz mehr. Keine Partyponys. Ziemlich bedauerlich. Früher gab es eine ordentliche Geschichte zu den Widersachern, mittlerweile kommt dies sehr kurz.

Helden des Olymp ist eine Reihe, die ich mal sehr begeistert angefangen habe. Sie gefällt mir noch immer, aber jetzt lese ich sie eher aus Pflichtgefühl weiter. Nichtsdestotrotz hoffe ich beim großen Finale auf mehr. Und wenn es nur die Partyponys sind

review 2017-11-30 10:02
#78 - Magnus Chase and The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor (Book 2) - Rick Riordan

If you already have read one of Rick Riordan's books, you know they are really funny. They also always have the same kind of structure; they are fast-paced and hilarious. Well, you always know what to expect (and that is a good thing).

I marathoned the entire Percy Jackson and The Olympians series so I thought I would love Magnus Chase, and I did love the first book. However, this one did not work really well for me. Don't take me wrong, I enjoyed reading it, I often laughed out loud and I thought the chapter names were amazing, but I had trouble getting really into it. I'm not sure it was the perfect time to read it. Still, I definitely recommend this series because it is HILARIOUS!