logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Royals
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-27 14:02
One Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades #4)
One-Eyed Royals - Cordelia Kingsbridge

What a ride!  And honestly one of the best written crime series and couples I have read. Cordelia has developed an absolutely beautiful, real and perfectly imperfect couple that will be sticking with me for quite some time.  Just this passage alone enhanced for me the depth to which a writer can create emotional connection without words and without touch.

Dominic unwrapped his sandwich and separated the halves. Nudging one half in Levi’s direction, he raised an inquiring eyebrow.

Levi hesitated. Unlike most people in his life, Dominic never pressured him to eat. If he turned down the offer, Dominic would let it go at that. But it had been a while since he’d last eaten, and though he wasn’t hungry, it was a good idea to get some fuel in his system that wasn’t caffeine.

Nodding his thanks, he sat across the table and accepted half the sandwich. When he bit into it, he was surprised to find it was roast beef, his favorite.

Dominic didn’t even like roast beef.

Levi swallowed his mouthful and looked up. Dominic was chewing in silence, watching the infomercial on the TV across the room like it was the most fascinating thing he’d ever seen. Levi fiddled with the crust of the sandwich for a moment, then took another bite.

They ate without talking for a few minutes.

Yes...I got teared up reading this.  Just wow!

Eagerly await a reread of this series as well as the final book in the series.

review 2018-09-23 19:59
Review: “One-Eyed Royals” (Seven of Spades, #4) by Cordelia Kingsbridge
One-Eyed Royals - Cordelia Kingsbridge

~ 5 STARS ~

review 2018-09-04 08:10
Release Blitz w/Review - Bastard Prince

Bastard Prince by Nana Malone is available now!

“I’m so ridiculously charmed and addicted I don’t know what to do with myself!" -#1 NYT Bestselling Author Rachel Van Dyken

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2L5cFkQ

iBooks → https://apple.co/2zF3IKm

B&N (Nook) → http://bit.ly/2JibDge

Kobo → http://bit.ly/2KQFz92

Google → http://bit.ly/2NJSwPL

Lucas...

I'll never stop fighting for her...no matter the stakes. Lucas… A year ago I found out I was a long lost prince. But with one lie, that’s all been undone. But prince or pauper, I’m not going to stop fighting for Bryna. She may be the only thing I can count on right now.

Bryna…

I never meant to get in so deep with my royal roommate—but in my defense I didn't know. If anyone else finds out his royal status my mother will meddle faster than you can say gold digger. More importantly, Lucas’s life could be in danger. Because I’m not the only one with secrets. And there’s a lot more at stake than heartbreak.

NOTE: This is a sequel - you must have read Royal Bastard to understand Bastard Prince!

Bastard Prince (Royals Undone Book 2)Bastard Prince by Nana Malone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Royals Undone series. I do not recommend reading this on its own. It is intended to be read in order. To avoid spoilers, understand the series and more - please read this great series in order.

Lucas and Bryna's story continues with him trusting his mom. He goes off on a mission of sorts to solve the unsolved puzzle about his parents. How they met, how he came to be, and finds more than he bargains for.

Bryna is heartsick that she trusted someone that let her down. What love means to her must not be what it means to others. When her King and Queen ask the impossible, she has to decide if she can do what they ask and still survive when she has to walk away.

This story is just massive. It has so many parts to it you almost have to re-read it just to keep up. I love the suspense, the heat, and the characters who are totally devoted despite incredibly low odds. Fabulous cameos by our famous favorite couple make it an all around really good read.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest opinion.

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2J4gTFe

iBooks → https://apple.co/2J4rqnS

B&N (Nook) → http://bit.ly/2sq7uBr

Kobo → http://bit.ly/2LO7EuF

Google → http://bit.ly/2J3sM2g

Lucas…

Don’t get in trouble, they said. Don’t cause an incident. Oops. I might be a newfound prince, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to say goodbye to my days of freedom. So when my brother, the king, asks me to babysit a diplomat’s daughter, my first thought is to say no… that is until I see her climbing out of a window with her dress tucked into her thong. She might just be my kind of girl. I just thought I'd mix business with pleasure...I didn’t plan to lose control of my heart.

Bryna…

I’ve been groomed by my parents to climb the social ladder all my life and I’m done with it. I want nothing from their royal world. Now that I’m finally on my own, I can live where I want, date who I want, do who I want. The one person I won’t be doing? My new accidental roommate. Oh, he’s gorgeous and mysterious, and cheeky. He’s also friends with the king and a total jackass. So basically, he’s never gonna get it...famous last words. (Book 1, Royals Undone)

About the Author:

USA Today Bestselling Author, NANA MALONE’s love of all things romance and adventure started with a tattered romantic suspense she borrowed from her cousin on a sultry summer afternoon in Ghana at a precocious thirteen. She’s been in love with kick butt heroines ever since. With her overactive imagination, and channeling her inner Buffy, it was only a matter a time before she started creating her own characters. Waiting for her chance at a job as a ninja assassin, Nana, meantime works out her drama, passion and sass with fictional characters every bit as sassy and kick butt as she thinks she is.

The books in her series have been on multiple Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble best seller lists as well as the iTunes Breakout Books list and most notably the USA Today Bestseller list. Until that ninja job comes through, you’ll find Nana working hard on additional books for her series as well as other fun, sassy romances for characters that won’t leave her alone. And if she’s not working or hiding in the closet reading, she’s acting out scenes for her husband, daughter and puppy in sunny San Diego. Want to hit me up? Just email me: nana@nanamaloneromance.com

Connect with Nana:

Website: http://nanamaloneromance.net/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nanamalonewriter/

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2FrkDze

Bookbub: http://bit.ly/2lQFmnX

review 2018-09-04 07:12
Safe
Bastard Prince - Nana Malone

This is book #2, in the Royals Undone series.  I do not recommend reading this on its own.  It is intended to be read in order.  To avoid spoilers, understand the series and more - please read this great series in order.

Lucas and Bryna's story continues with him trusting his mom.  He goes off on a mission of sorts to solve the unsolved puzzle about his parents.  How they met, how he came to be, and finds more than he bargains for.

Bryna is heartsick that she trusted someone that let her down.  What love means to her must not be what it means to others.  When her King and Queen ask the impossible, she has to decide if she can do what they ask and still survive when she has to walk away.

This story is just massive.  It has so many parts to it you almost have to re-read it just to keep up.  I love the suspense, the heat, and the characters who are totally devoted despite incredibly low odds.  Fabulous cameos by our famous favorite couple make it an all around really good read.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest opinion.

review 2018-07-28 01:01
Like a sugar addiction
Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals) - Erin Watt

Thank you to Hilda for the recommendation!

This is listed as YA and NA, which made me a little nervous along with our characters being in high school. LOL, is all I have to say to that.  Granted, I did not got to an uber rich school but this story and characters did not read like a YA, more NA. I constantly had to keep reminding myself that they weren't even in college yet, I think they read like 26ish or so.

Very angst-y (she strips to pay her mother's doctor bills at age 15), very sexy times (heavy petting all over the place), and very drama (suicide mother, secret parking lot fighting, surprise inheritance, I want you but can't have you). Basically, this was soap opera cracktastic drama that I inhaled. When it was all over, a cliffhanger!, had me running to get the second in the series but giving some time and distance, I feel a little empty from it but it did entertain while I was in the moment.

Some soap opera, some Cruel Intentions, and some brewing under the surface mystery. Get yourself a bowl of popcorn and wine and give yourself over to the moment. Just be prepared for a cliffhanger.