logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Sailor-Moon
Load new posts () and activity
review 2015-08-06 00:00
Unofficial Sailor Moon Episode Guide
Unofficial Sailor Moon Episode Guide - T... Unofficial Sailor Moon Episode Guide - TAK Publishing Disappointing. At first, running throughout the character bios was fun and a 'blast to the past' fun moment. But then it literally just covers teh episodes. Summary after summary. Glad I watched the series years ago or I would have been ruined for the series. This guide holds nothing back.

The writing is dry. Not entertaining at all. I had hoped for at least some insight, unique perspective, tie-in references, etc. Nothing like that. Just episode number (even disc number for the dvd sets) and title name and a paragraph summary. One after another.

Now since it has been a long time since watching the series, I did enjoy the refresher aspect. A few times I did no "Oh, I forgot about that!" But if I was watching or recently watched the series I would have likely DNFed this. So mostly not worth the time unless you are where I was reading this. Just to enjoy the flashback thoughts to a fun series.
review 2015-01-05 00:00
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 - Naoko Takeuchi,William Flanagan Enjoyable read, highly recommend this series. It reminds me of Sailor Moon in the 90's, just updated.
review 2014-07-30 13:22
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Short Stories, Volume 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Short Stories 2 - Naoko Takeuchi

And now I have finally reached the end of the series. The previous volume of short stories were really just one shots that took place during the series and were all rather short. This volume only has three chapters and the first two stories are pretty long.

The first one was familiar because it was adapted into the Sailor Moon Movie, Hearts of Ice. The movie was pretty close to the actual manga so if you've seen it you know what it's about. The human version of Luna is one of my favorite character designs.

Human Luna

(spoiler show)

The next story was one I was familiar with due to reading fanfiction with Rei. It's the story of why she hates men and it's an important one that didn't get told in the anime. Though her anime counterpart is fairly different and more outspoken and boy crazy in general.

The last story was a weird alternate universe involving the scouts as grown adults with daughters all the same age who look exactly like them and have their names. Oh and there's a pink cat.

The first two stories were fantastic though and definitely worth reading the volume for.

review 2014-07-29 12:46
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Short Stories, Volume 1
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Short Stories Vol. 1 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #13) - Naoko Takeuchi

This is just a collection of stories set during the series around different characters. The villains are usually random demons or spirits loose in the world who encounter the scouts. A few of the storylines I believe were also adapted into anime episodes.

My favorite of the group was probably either the Ami story where she pretty much drives herself crazy trying to beat a rival student who goes by the penname Mercuris and the one where Mina is jealous of Rei and visits her school. Also, Mina transforms into her Sailor V form twice and uses her disguise compact which we haven't seen since her own series.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2014-07-25 12:56
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Volume 12
Sailor Moon Vol. 12 - Naoko Takeuchi

And so it ends. After 60 chapters, many transformations, and even more attacks, the series has ended. Well actually there's two short story manga that I will be reading next. But the main storyline is finished.

And it was a fantastic all out we're probably not coming back from this battle. Well most of them are, but this one truly had everyone's lives at stake and took place in the heart of the universe.

If you like manga, I can't recommend this series enough.