Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-03-20 21:24
The Invisible Library...
The Invisible Library - Genevieve Cogman

If anyone is familiar with the Bookburners serial then you know that it's remarkably similar to The Invisible Library series. I really like the Bookburners serial so I was excited to come across something else comparable.

I enjoyed The Invisible Library too and really can't believe I waited so long to read it, but one thing I thought could have been better was the world building. It just wasn't as defined as I would have liked it, and I'm referring more so to the Chaos concept, the alternate realities, the Library Language even some of the characters and their abilities were underdeveloped.

I realize it's a pretty complex system but there were a couple of times I wondered if the author even knew where she was trying to go with it.  Maybe those loose ends are tied up in the next book but, I personally like for the foundation to be laid out and nicely detailed, right from the start. It drives me nuts when authors use future installments to fill in gaps and missing pieces.

I am intrigued by the Library though and I really like Kai, Irene and Vale so I'm definitely going to continue the series with hopes that the many underlying layers of the Library develop into something a little more cohesive.

review 2018-03-20 18:33
The Crazy Girl's Handbook (The Handbook ... The Crazy Girl's Handbook (The Handbook Series, #1) - DelSheree Gladden
review 2018-03-20 18:22
Invisible (The Aerling Series, #1) - DelSheree Gladden
review 2018-03-20 17:45
Saga, Volumes 3 & 4 by Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples
Saga, Volume 3 - Brian K. Vaughan,Fiona Staples
Saga Volume 4 - Brian K. Vaughan,Fiona Staples

These volumes are simply fabulous! They're fun, they're full of surprises, they're heartbreaking and they're timely. They may be taking place on different planets with different races of people, (and robots!) but the issues dealt with are all too real right here and right now on earth.

Lastly, there's a creature called a Lying Cat. He basically goes around with you and tells you when anyone around you is lying. How helpful is that? VERY! I want one.

I was able to request these copies from my local library. LIBRARIES RULE!

review 2018-03-20 15:57
Fearless: The Rosewood Bay Series, book 1 - Carly Phillips

OMG! I am in love with Kane Harmon. Talk about the sweetest, nicest, perfect guy!

After getting jilted and used by a summer vacationer to his little beach town of Rosewood Bay, Kane has stayed away from any type of relationships. The occasional hookup is fine, but that is it. He has enough to worry about with his gambling addicted father, his single mom sister and running his garage business.

When Kane goes on a tow truck run to pick up a female broken down on the highway, he is surprised to find Halley Ward. He hasn't seen Halley in years, since their emotional connection back in high school when he protected her from school bullies. Instantly attracted to Halley, and finding out that she actually still lives in Rosewood Bay, Kane starts to pursue her. Too bad Halley is not interesting in a relationship. Kane continues to insert himself into Halley's life because he can tell she wants more to her life than she currently has, but is afraid because of things from her past. Little by little Kane wears her down until she sees that having Kane in her life is a beautiful thing.

I just adored Kane. He was so patient and kind and just what Halley needed in her life. Halley had some horrible issues from her past but with Kane's help she was able to overcome them. Overall I loved this story. I sat and read it in one day because I could not put it down! And the sneak peek into Halley's sister Phoebe's story looks so fun! ;)