logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Simply-Irresistible
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-28 07:15
Success
Simply Irresistible (Flatiron Five) - Deborah Cooke

Tyler finds himself trapped in a mess of his own making.  He solves it by asking out the smart and beautiful Amy.  He has wanted to talk to her for a while.

Amy always feels like she is not enough.  She has trouble from her past that she hopes to never see again.  Will getting involved with Tyler's plan ruin everything?

Loved this story.  So excited to read the rest of the series.  These characters were so meant to be.  I loved the humor, the heat, and the sexy was out of this world hot!  I thought is was great and cannot wait for the next book in the Flatiron Five series.  I give this a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2016-12-13 23:09
Simply Irresistible (Flatiron Five) - Deborah Cooke

I am not a fan of erotic romances or the modern millionaire-playboy-meets-the-girl romances. I much prefer historical and paranormal romances, so this wasn't my kind of genre. Deborah Cooke asked me to read it so I thought I'd give it a shot. It had its moments. The fake date relationship between Amy and Ty was good and even her curiosity about the BDSM world added some spice, but after her two sessions at the gym, I hoped she would have leaned more towards Ty and not Matteo. I didn't particularly like Amy. At times she behaved so naively, especially about Matteo. She had a great guy in Ty and she considers throwing it away for the possibility of saving Matteo and having her sexual adventure. Ty was also a bit too forgiving, I mean they make love and in less than an hour or so since he leaves, she is calling Matteo specifically to have sex. Dude, I mean what is wrong with her?  I would have washed my hands of her at that point and I would have told her the truth before walking away. Why he would be worrying about her feelings when she is turning to another man shortly after they were together was mind blowing. There was one aspect that I really did love, throughout the story the two main characters quoted Pride and Prejudice, The Importance of Being Ernest, and several other authors and romantic comedy movies. That made me smile a lot. Love me some Austen and Wilde.

The story does end well. She wasn't angry when the truth came out, which I kind of expected, but it would have been predictable so I think it was a plus that she wasn't. I am curious about the other partners' stories, so the plot concept is good and progressed smoothly and intrigued me. My only negative was Amy's naïve manner about wanting to save Matteo in spite of a great guy like Ty. I'm glad he opened up his views to accept what she needed but the choice between the two men should have been a no-brainer.

review 2015-09-08 18:14
Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis

I really enjoyed this romance. It did have some foul language and sexual content that makes it unsuitable for under 18 readers. I did like the characters and wished they would get their acts together. This was a pretty fast read and had fun parts. I give this a 4.5* rating.

review 2015-06-24 04:00
Review: Simply Irresistible by Kate Pearce
Simply Irresistible (House of Pleasure) - Kate Pearce

Kate Pearce writes some of the best and hottest erotic historical romance and I absolutely love the House of Pleasure series. I’ve come to expect no-holds-barred passion and eroticism that blows past society’s rules the minute the doors are closed from this series and Ms. Pearce definitely delivered. Yet while the sex scenes are red hot, it has always been the House of Pleasure characters themselves that made the books truly memorable. That’s why I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Simply Irresistible.

At the end of Simply Sinful, the second House of Pleasure novel, I had lingering questions about how Abby and Peter’s arrangement would work in the long term.Simply Irresistible provides the answers, but of course not without some drama. For me, it was a pleasure to see Abby and Peter get the happy ending they deserve, and it was also nice to see Peter find his footing as his own man, without Abby and Val around. However, the story was not without its flaws. For much of the book, Peter and Abby are passive participants in their own life. If not for the outlandish machinations of others, I doubt they would have made it as a couple, which troubles me. And Abby, who I adored in Simply Sinful, has turned into a martyr who also decides she knows what’s best for Peter, something that grated on my nerves.

I wanted to love Simply Irresistible, and it was by no means a bad book – it simply wasn’t all that I had hoped for. The things that I loved about the book often had nothing to do with Abby and Peter as a couple. The passion between them is lacking at times, something I’d never have expected. The runaway star of the show is also not our hero or heroine, but Val, Peter’s best friend and lover. The passion between Val and Peter is insanely hot and Ms. Pearce does a great job of balancing their love for one another with their obvious love and devotion to Sara and Abby. I only wish Abby and Peter’s relationship had felt as solid as Peter and Val’s.

Simply Irresistible contains twists and turns, drama and desire. The end result is a satisfying story, one that ties up loose ends from Simply Sinful (a book I highly recommend reading before diving into this novella). Though I was left feeling a bit let down by Abby, seeing Peter and Val’s relationship come into its own made Simply Irresistible an enjoyable read.

Source: witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/06/review-simply-irresistible-by-kate.html
review 2015-05-07 14:32
Available 6.30.15
Simply Irresistible (House of Pleasure) - Kate Pearce

Well it's short, probably too short, but hot. Not my genre of choice. I wasn't paying attention when choosing this. Sorry. It would have been a lot better if I had read the one before it. But I'm sure if this is your thing, you'd enjoy it.

<I>*ARC provided by netgalley for honest opinion*</I>