logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: SnoopyDoo
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-20 16:56
Starswept by Mary Fan
Starswept - Mary Fan Starswept - Mary Fan

In 2157, the Adryil—an advanced race of telepathic humanoids—contacted Earth. A century later, 15-year-old violist Iris Lei considers herself lucky to attend Papilio, a prestigious performing arts school powered by their technology. Born penniless, Iris’s one shot at a better life is to attract an Adryil patron. But only the best get hired, and competition is fierce.

A sudden encounter with an Adryil boy upends her world. Iris longs to learn about him and his faraway realm, but after the authorities arrest him for trespassing, the only evidence she has of his existence is the mysterious alien device he slipped to her.

When she starts hearing his voice in her head, she wonders if her world of backstabbing artists and pressure for perfection is driving her insane. Then, she discovers that her visions of him are real—by way of telepathy—and soon finds herself lost in the kind of impossible love she depicts in her music.

But even as their bond deepens, Iris realizes that he’s hiding something from her—and it’s dangerous. Her quest for answers leads her past her sheltered world to a strange planet lightyears away, where she uncovers secrets about Earth’s alien allies that shatter everything she knows.

Will be available August 29th, 2017

Going in to this book I had no idea what to expect. I have read a few books set in the way future, some on earth, some set in space others somewhere in between. But this book is somewhat unique.

I really enjoyed the world setting, is was fantastic and really great explained. But so were the characters, I really loved Iris and her dark, yet beautiful journey in this book.

Iris, is coming from a poor household and struggles to keep afloat with her school for the arts. As if that is not enough she soon has to face so much more. She must make very hard decisions that could cost her everything. An Adryil boy, doesn’t help for the matter. And as they grow closer things are just getting more and more complicated and more dangerous for Iris.

Some things seemed odd but in the end everything just come together really great and make sense.

I really loved this book, it was dark, sweet and had some great twists. It also was really great written a much welcomed new book in the YA sci-fi book world.

This was my first book by Mary Fan but will definitely not be the last.

If you like YA dystopian, Sci-Fi books, I highly recommend this book.

I rate it 5 ★

Mary Fan

Mary Fan is a sci-fi/fantasy writer hailing from Jersey City, NJ. She is the author of the Jane Colt sci-fi series, which comprises ARTIFICIAL ABSOLUTES (Red Adept Publishing, 2013), SYNTHETIC ILLUSIONS (Red Adept Publishing, 2014), and VIRTUAL SHADOWS (2015), and STARSWEPT (Snowy Wings Publishing, 2017), a young adult sci-fi romance. Her works also include several young adult fantasy novellas: THE FIREDRAGON (Glass House Press, 2014), FIREDRAGON RISING (Glass House Press, 2015), TELL ME MY NAME (Glass House Press, 2014), and LET ME FLY FREE (Glass House Press, 2016). These serve as prequels to two full-length series currently under contract with Glass House Press,  Flynn Nightsider and Fated Stars.

In addition, Mary is the co-editor (along with fellow sci-fi author Paige Daniels) of Brave New Girls young adult sci-fi anthologies, which feature tales about girls in STEM. Revenues from sales are donated to the Society of Women Engineers scholarship fund.

Mary has been an avid reader for as long as she can remember and especially enjoys the infinite possibilities and out-of-this-world experiences of science fiction and fantasy. In her spare time (when she has any), she enjoys kickboxing, opera singing, and exploring new things—she'll try almost anything once.

Website *** Blog *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Goodreads *** Instagram

review 2017-05-14 17:37
A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley
A Fire in the Blood - Amanda Ashley

-I see a man. He is old. Very old. He will come into your life in a moment of danger. He will watch over you and protect you.- The gypsy's hand gripped Tessa's tighter. -He will bring you death, - she whispered, her voice like the rustle of dry leaves. -And life.-

Ten years later, when Andrei Dinescu saves Tessa from a vicious attacker, she has no idea that the handsome stranger the gypsy fortune teller predicted is not a hunter but a seven-hundred-year-old vampire. Darkly powerful, unbelievably compelling, he is obviously pursuing Tessa, but is it her love he's after or her blood?

-A classic vampire tale of sensual, spine-tingling suspense.- --Christine Feehan on Desire After Dark

-Sexy, fast-paced, gritty, this is Amanda Ashley at her best! A must read!- --Ronda Thompson on Dead Sexy.

To be honest the beginning reminded me a little of True Blood, which is not bad because I liked True Blood. But that was just the very beginning with Vampires coming out of the coffin and such. Though Andrei did also remind me a little of Bill. You know the “nice’ vampire wanting to protect the poor innocent human.

I must say I was not a huge fan of Andrei and his behavior. I really didn’t care for that he just kept the lie up and even later when it all came to light. I just never could really trust him anymore and was just waiting to see what else he is lying about.

I however did enjoy Tessa. She was likeable and seemed real. She was also funny and fast thinking and give up.

There was a rather big cast of side characters, which where a big part of the story and way more than side characters.

The overall story was enjoyable. Though some parts were very predictable and sometimes it just seemed very long and had some page fillers.  A little shorter book would not have been a bad idea in this case.  But as mentioned overall I enjoyed the book.

I rate it at 3 ★

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Amanda Ashley is one of those rare birds - a California native. She’s lived in Southern California her whole life and loves it (except for the earthquakes). She and her husband share a home with a fluffy Pomeranian named Lady, a tortoise named Buddy, and a wild sparrow named Tweety.

Amanda and her alter ego, Madeline Baker, have written over 50 books, many of which have appeared on various bestseller lists, including the New York Times List, the Waldenbooks Bestseller list, and the USA Today list. Not bad for someone who started writing just for the fun of it.

Website *** Facebook *** Amazon

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/fire-blood-amanda-ashley
review 2017-05-08 21:44
Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny (Taking Shots #4) by Cindi Madsen
Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny (Taking Shots) - Cindi Madsen

Confession #1: I used to be a puck bunny, but after a hockey player broke my heart, I gave up all things hockey. Now I'm just focused on finding a way to pass my math class so I can graduate college.

Confession #2: Ryder "Ox" Maddox's deep, sexy voice sends fuzzy tingles through my entire body, and I'm powerless to stop it. Which is a big problem since the hot, surprisingly funny hockey player is my new math tutor.

Confession #3: I can't stop thinking about how ripped Ryder is from all his hockey training, and how fun it'd be to cross lines with him.

Confession #4: I kissed a hockey player and I liked it.

Confession #5: If I'm not careful, I might relapse and fall for Ryder, and then I'll be totally pucked

This is book four in the Taking Shots series, but all books including this one can be read as a standalone. It helps to know all the people in the world of college, hockey and life that Cindi Madsen so wonderfully created. We have met Ryder and Lindsay in previous books and now finally get their own story. While I loved all books in the series I must say this one was my favorite one so far. I really enjoyed Lindsay and her backstory, even the not so fun parts of her past, but it made her to what we know and love now. Ryder. Oh My Swoon. He has his eyes on Lindsay and is pulling out all the stops to win her over. Their journey was sooo much fun to read. Though, of course not all is rainbows and unicorns for them and they are hitting a rough spot. I love how Cindi Madsen always finds the most sweetest and romantic ways to make it up not only to the characters but also the readers. Overall, great funny, sweet, romantic but also heartfelt and sexy read.

I really enjoyed it.

Rating 5★

Buy Links

cindi

USA Today Bestselling author Cindi Madsen sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting, revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she'd be even crazier. She has way too many shoes but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they're sparkly, colorful, or super tall. She loves music, dancing, and wishes summer lasted all year long. She lives in Colorado (where summer is most definitely NOT all year long) with her husband and three children.

Visit her at www.cindimadsen.com, where you can sign up for her newsletter and learn about upcoming releases.

Cindi is the author of YA books All the Broken Pieces, Cipher, Rift, Resolution, and Demons of the Sun, and adult romances Falling for Her Fiancé, Act Like You Love Me, Resisting the Hero, Cinderella Screwed Me Over and Ready to Wed.

Facebook***Facebook Group***Twitter***Website***Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/confessions-former-puck-bunny-taking-shots-4-cindi-madsen
review 2017-04-28 14:51
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress #4) by Jeaniene Frost
Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaniene Frost

Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave

This book was another roller coaster live that is Cat and Bones. While Cat is moving around a lot in this book she still is with all the familiar faces, some more than others.

Since meeting Bones and teaming up with him, Cat had many challenges but this one might be one of the biggest yet. This book pushed Cat like never before with people and events all over the place. Past things that she forgot will be revealed to her and that will cause many changes with a lot of trouble, for Cat and Bones and them as a couple.

I really liked Cat in this book, while she was strong and never gave up she also had some weak moments that made her even more likeable.

Bones, oh man I really wanted to kill him in this book, while it all turned out okay I don’t think he was right to be such a big jerk to her and even his friends.

I really loved the friendship that grew between Vlad and Cat, I think it is good for Cat to have him as a friend.

There is so much going on in this book that I don’t know what to say or write without spoiling it to everyone who hasn’t read it yet, so I will keep this review shorter.

There are some major things happening not only to Cat who is battling with Gregor in her sleep as well while she is awake but also to her friends and family.

We have some big battles and with those some big loses, that were both surprising and heartbreaking.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book. Some big twists are happening and every time you think, that it will calm down it picks you right back up.

I laughed, and I cried and was honestly shocked at some outcomes of the book.

While Cat and Bones are pretty much in the outs in this book and apart for the better part of it we still get plenty of them together .

Overall great book, best so far, at least for me and I rate it 5★

Some of my favorite quotes

“Movies. Drinks. Headless chickens. You know, girl stuff. ”

***

“Bloody hell, Kitten. Never thought to be flogged by my own furniture. Do you know I saw bloomin' stars when that cracked over my nog?”

***

“Slumber party with Dracula, all things considerd why not?”

***

“Trying to wake you,” Bones answered crisply. “I cut you, threw water on you, slapped you, and set a lighter to your legs. For future reference, which one

of those do you think worked?”

“Good God,” I hissed. “No wonder I thought you were Death incarnate in my dream, and that made me run toward Gregor at first!”

Jeaniene Frost

Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series and the Broken Destiny series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in North Carolina with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on the weekends. Aside from writing, Jeaniene enjoys reading, poetry, watching movies with her husband, exploring old cemeteries, spelunking and traveling – by car. Airplanes, children, and cook books frighten her.

For information on Jeaniene's books, reading the first 20% of each book free, book trailers, deleted scenes, creature mythology, and more, please visit: www.jeanienefrost.com

Website *** Faceboook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/destined-early-grave-night-huntress-4-jeaniene-frost
review 2017-04-26 14:44
The Struggle (Titan #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Struggle - Jennifer L. Armentrout

A bloody path has been chosen…

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.

The Great War fought by the few is coming…

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.

In the end, the sun will fall…

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…

I’m so glad I could reunite with these characters, I really did miss them. This book seemed a bit slower and had less action than the last, but we get a lot of character arc in this book. It pretty much starts off where we left with the second book as Seth left, not only his friends but also Josie. When Seth left in the last book we found out that he is the …….. ,but he is sooo, sooo much more and it was kind of a shock and but also funny. The gods didn’t care for him before but now that is even a bigger issue. Speaking of the gods, we don’t get to see or hear a lot from them excerpt select few. Herc was completely missing and not even mentioned, maybe once if even, so that was a bit odd. He is still dealing with some issues or what he thinks are issues. But I think we are finally over the hump as far as Seth being all “nobody deserves me” spiel. I think maybe he starting to see what we all saw in him a long time ago, and it is about time. We get to see w much lighter and freer side of Seth as well which I enjoy so much. The softer, funny Seth that loves not just himself. Josie, she dealing with some pretty severe stuff after being taking by a Titan, while Seth was off finding himself. Some of it was pretty heartbreaking. But it really showed how much she has grown since book one. She has become so strong not only her powers but her, as a woman. I just wish she would see it as well and stop comparing herself to Alex or what Alex can do and she can’t. Because she is one strong and powerful heroine herself. As I mentioned we don’t get much of the gods, but we do get to see Apollo here and there. But, man something better be brewing that we don’t know about yet. Because he was one class A douche in this book. And I say that even though I loved him in the first two books. We get plenty of time with Alex and Aiden, Deacon and Luke and I loved how they become such a big part of the story without taking over the story. We even get to see some other old friends. I like that Josie and Alex grow closer and maybe even become close friends. I like that Alex is there for her when Josie needs someone the most. She also stood up for her at times and other just sat and held her hands when needed. Overall it was a great book, we have big characters and plot development happening. Some pretty awesome and big things are happening. Some of them were easily figured out and hinted at all throughout and other were pretty shocking like the cliffhanger that of course we getting. While we don’t get as much action we still get plenty of humor, romance and suspense and of course some action does happen. I’m already anxiously waiting for the next book.

I rate it 4★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Loving him meant that I knew from the first moment that I fell for Seth that he was complicated – that loving him wouldn’t be easy. Loving him…Well, it meant that I was willing to fight for him.”

***

“What destiny crap are you talking about?” A secretive smile curved the corners of his lips. “There is so much you do not know.” Why I hadn’t blasted the glittery fuck-face out the window yet was anyone’s guess.”

***

“If something happened to you again?” Lightning shot between the clouds, lighting up the sky in brilliant white. “I would burn this fucking world to the ground and then I would destroy Olympus.”

***

Seth snorted as he placed the last of the eggs on a plate. “That is just as likely as you actually being useful. “ One side of Aiden’s lips kicked up. “You know, I think you have a crush on me. “ Seth simply smiled in return, and it was a bit of creepy, hide-your-kids kind of smile that actually reminded me of Apollo, and that really made it even more weird. “It’s like the Twilight Zone,” murmured Alex, her eyes big. “Watching them work together on anything, even when it’s just eggs and bacon.”

author-photo-jla_j-lynn

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. She spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.

Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. Jennifer has won numerous awards, including the 2013 Reviewers Choice Award for Wait for You, the 2015 Editor’s Pick for Fall With Me, and the 2014/2015 Moerser-Jugendbuch- Jury award for Obsidian. Her young adult romantic suspense novel DON’T LOOK BACK was a 2014 nominated Best in Young Adult Fiction by YALSA.

She also writes Adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Goodreads