logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: SnoopyDoo
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-16 18:54
Wild E Ticket Ride
Empire of Storms - Sarah J. Maas

Holy Shitake ! What a ride. I was slung to the left, thrust to the right, crushed into the corner, dunked under black water, floated on a cloud, and then flung over a cliff with no bottom. Yep, a total E ticket ride with no safety bar. That ending

How can I go on with real life with that ending ? How ? Ms. Maas you are a beast. :D And I thank you. This series just gets better and better.
The break down, there is love, quests, deaths, fighting, sex, flirting, shifting, sinking, fires, ice, snark, twists, betrayals, truths, blood, and critters. Don't miss it, read the series.

review 2017-08-29 16:40
Review: The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon
The Bone Season: A Novel - Samantha Shannon

19-year-old Paige is working in the criminal underworld of Scion London. Her job: to scout for information by breaking into people's minds. It is raining the day her life changes for ever. Attacked, drugged and kidnapped. She is assigned to Warden, a Rephaite. He is her master. Her trainer. Her natural enemy. But if Paige wants to regain her freedom she must allow herself to be nurtured in this prison where she is meant to die.

This book as something really different for me and I really enjoyed it. But it is also super hard to write a review without spoiling too much about this book. One thing I have to say it is a very complex world and can be overwhelming and confusing in the beginning. But once you get the hang of it, the rest of the book is awesome. The book has a glossary at the end, I suggest you bookmark it, I used it a few times throughout the book. The same goes to the chart in the beginning of the book about the different orders of clairvoyants. Like I said it can be a bit confusing since the world is so complex and different but it is easy to get the hang of it. The beginning, kind of reminded me of Six of Crows, with the whole gang thing and the order of it as well as the word. Six of Crows was a book I loved so I was more than fine with that. It was also pretty dark, and cruel to watch Paige go through all of what she went through. I really liked Paige, while she can seem a bit cold at times you can tell that there is a lot more going on with her and I cannot wait to find out more about her and her past. She is quite the bada$$ and stands up for herself but also for others that can’t do it for themselves. She never gives and just keeps on fighting. I think we can see a funny side of her as well but that might be later on in the books she has not much to laugh about in this book. There are some great side characters, that I liked and can see becoming main ones but I don’t want to much to giveaway. The same goes for her group of people, but we don’t know that much about them yet. All I know is that I love Nick and really want to punch Jaxon. The Rephaim, we don’t know much about them except that they are the baddies, but it is also hinted at that there is more to it fairly early on. I cannot wait to learn more about them and why they are there and so much more. They kind of reminded me of vampires in a way. But we shall see. There are so many thing I can’t wait to learn more about like the cords, silver and gold, more about the history of Rephaim, Dreamwalkers and so on. But with 7 planned books all together I think we will get to all of it. The book really leaves you with more question at the end but in a good way. I’m very much looking forward to book two and three that I already have on hand. I rate this book 4★, I would have rated it 5★ but the large world building slows the books down a bit. I’m hoping that now that we know the world book two will be a lot smoother. So my rating will be 4★

Some of my favorite Quotes

“Knowledge is dangerous. Once you know something, you can't get rid of it. You have to carry it. Always.” *** “No, Paige. I am trying to help you.” “Go to hell.” “I already exist on a level of hell.” “Exist on one that isn't near mine.” *** “They'd branded me like some kind of animal. Lower than an animal. A number.” *** “Nothing’s worse than a story without an end.” ***

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

Samantha Shannon

Samantha Shannon was born in West London in 1991. She started writing in abundance when she was twelve, started her first novel when she was fifteen, and studied English Language and Literature at St Anne's College, Oxford, from 2010 – 2013, graduating with a 2:1. She specialised in the poetry of Emily Dickinson and Principles of Film Criticism. In 2013, she published The Bone Season, the internationally bestselling first installment in a seven-book series of fantasy novels. Its first sequel, The Mime Order, was published in 2015, and she's currently editing the third book in the series, The Song Rising. She is also the author of On the Merits of Unnaturalness and The Pale Dreamer, and has recently sold a new high fantasy novel, The Priory of the Orange Tree, to Bloomsbury.

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-bone-season-bone-season-1-samantha-shannon
review 2017-08-29 15:07
Review: Silent Music by Jane Hawking
Silent Music - Jane Hawking

Growing up in London in the aftermath of the Second World War, Ruth is an observant and thoughtful child who finds herself in a confusing and mysterious adult world. She seeks refuge in her memories of her idyllic stays with her grandparents in the picturesque East Anglian countryside – which provide comforting visions of a simpler life. As she comes to terms with her surroundings and her own adolescence, Ruth finds the motivation to pursue the tantalizing dream which has governed her childhood, and discovers some family secrets along the way.

A coming-of-age novel about the unpredictable nature of human behaviour and about taking control of one’s destiny, Silent Music is a timeless portrait of post-war Britain, as well as a lyrical paean to hope and aspiration.

I received this book from the publisher to review and really wasn’t sure what to expect, I never read any of Jane Hawkings but after reading this I will defiantly read another book by her.

This book just sucks you into the world Ruth, her journey and her surroundings.

I really enjoyed the world building is was beautiful and vividly described and I couldn’t help feeling like I’m part of it. The story was smooth, easy to follow and very engaging.

The book does however end on a cliffhanger, which makes me look forward to the next book even more.

Some parts were a bit slower than other but over all a great book and I really recommend it.

I rate this book 4★

Available NOW

Dr. Jane Hawking, who was Stephen Hawking's wife for over twenty years, is a writer and lecturer. Her book At Home in France was published in 1994, followed by Music to Move the Stars in 1999. She lives and works in Cambridge, England.

Goodreads *** Amazon

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-silent-music-jane-hawking
review 2017-08-23 18:52
Review: Lie, The Right Men Book #1 by Mayra Statham
LIE - Mayra Statham

Box office sensation, Marcus Wright is ready to take on the role of director. Romance author and single mom, Grace Rivera, is shocked when the sexiest man alive knocks on her door with the intent to bring her book to life.

He is willing to do anything to get what he wants, even use his charms on the beautiful, curvy woman standing in his way. Only it doesn't take long for the shy woman to unknowingly embed herself under his skin.

In a world where one plays make believe and the other writes it, will they determine everything between them is a LIE? Or will they be able to LIE in one another's arms when the truth comes out?

This was one of those quick fun and enjoyable reads.

Most of you know by now I’m not a fan of insta-love, but when in works it works and in some quick fun books I don’t mind it too much anyway.

I enjoyed the story, for the most part. There were a few minor things that bothered me but overall it was a good book that was funny, cute, and very steamy. While with a somewhat predicable storyline I still enjoyed it.

The characters… I enjoyed Maracus a little more than Grace. He just seemed to know better what he wanted, acted on that and was semi straight forward.

While Grace went a little back and forth. Like for instance in the beginning she is so mad at him and hates him , storms off and wants nothing more to do with him but like five minutes ends up getting hot and heavy in the elevator with him.  I would have liked a little more self-control from her and not just shut er brain off because there is a hot famous guy in front of her. But that aside it is still pretty good read.

The writing was good and easy to follow. I just wish it would have stayed with one POV.  We get dual which I like but I wish both would have been either first person POV or third person POV. Here we get Grace in first person and Marcus in third person.   But that is just a personal opinion and it really might not bother most readers and should not stop anyone form buying this book.

Overall fun read and I rate this book 3 ★

*I won an e-copy of this book in a giveaway. Thank you!*

Mayra Statham

Mayra Statham is a contemporary romance author. All her books to date can be read as standalones and do not have cliffhangers.

On her free time she loves reading and hanging out with her family and friends.

Facebook *** Goodreads *** Amazon

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-lie-right-men-book-1-mayra-statham
review 2017-08-14 15:36
Review: Molten Dusk (The Norse Chronicles #3) by Karissa Laurel
Molten Dusk - Karissa Laurel

While recovering from a devastating betrayal, Solina becomes increasingly drawn to Thorin as he helps her hunt down Skoll, the mythical wolf who vowed to kill her. If she can find and destroy the beast, she’ll bring a swift and brutal end to her enemies’ schemes. But nothing ever goes as planned in Solina’s strange new world.

During her search for Skoll, Solina uncovers a plot to unleash a battalion of legendary soldiers and launch an apocalyptic war. Before she and her allies can locate the fabled army, several ghosts from her past return to haunt her. Solina must fight for life and the fate of the world, or her hopes for love and a peaceful future will go up in flames.

This book, or the entire series is a perfect mix of ancient Norse mythology and our modern day world. I mean seeing the God of Thunder tumbling with a cellphone is actually pretty funny thing to see. If you have not read the previous book this review might spoil some things for you, I highly recommend them. This is the third and final book in The Norse Chronicles and it was bittersweet, epic and everything I hoped for. But since this is the final book and it is hard to review it without spoiling too much, I will keep it short. Everything we learned so far and everything that happened in previous book will come to a conclusion in this book, everything comes together and plays out pretty nicely. I just wished being the last book it would have been a bit longer to avoid the little bit of a rushed feeling towards the end. That is my only minor complaint about this book, that we don’t get enough of it. Solina still struggles with the revelation of Val and what he really was up to in the last book and really I was too. Val was one of my favorites and it really hit me hard. But Solina does come to term with a lot of things in this books, and grows quite a bit. But don’t get me wrong she still has plenty of moments where she just runs out to save the world without thinking it through, which of course leads to bigger danger. She gives Thorin a run for his money in this book that is for sure. But I think that is just Solina and something that will never change. I also really enjoyed that she has the chance to reunite with some familiar faces.

Thorin, he really shines in this book. We also get to see a lighter side of him, He opens up more and we learn more about him and his history. It is pretty clear how he feels about Solina and what he is willing to risk to keep her safe.

Skylar, I love this girl. I want her to be my best friend for life. She really is there for Solina and I adore the friendship they have. Of course we see other familiar faces we learned to love throughout the series, some struggle and need to find a new foothold in this book. We also gain some new allies... or do we? And of course we never really know who to trust anymore after the next book. Over all this a great book with lots of action, humor and some romance and some pretty awesome twists that will make you dizzy. But the ending will leave you really satisfied even when you know you will miss some of your favorite characters with the end if this series.

I rate it 4 ½ ★

Some of my favorite Quotes

“Enjoy her while you can, God of Thunder. The wolf will kill her. She will die, in the end.”

***

You’re right. I can do better. Move your Royal Norseness. Boy Thunder. Lord of the Rain Dance…”

***

“Pain exists to remind you you’re alive and have a soul. You’ve come all this way because you’re fighting for something, not because you’re looking for an excuse to give up.”

***

“I thought I was a strong man, Sunshine. I never knew a little thing like you would be the death of me.”

Will be available August, 23, 2017

Karissa and Bonnie

Karissa lives in North Carolina with her kid, her husband, the occasional in-law, and a very hairy husky named Bonnie. Some of her favorite things are coffee, chocolate, and super heroes. She can quote Princess Bride verbatim. She loves to read and has a sweet tooth for fantasy, sci-fi, and anything in between. Sometimes her husband convinces her to put down the books and take the motorcycles out for a spin. When it snows, you'll find her on the slopes.

Goodreads *** Facebook *** Website***Twitter***Pinterest

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-molten-dusk-norse-chronicles-3-karissa-laurel