logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: SnoopyDoo
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-11 17:56
Review: Wildfire (Hidden Legacy #3) by Ilona Andrews
Wildfire - Ilona Andrews

Just when Nevada Baylor has finally come to accept the depths of her magical powers, she also realizes she’s fallen in love. Connor “Mad” Rogan is in many ways her equal when it comes to magic, but she’s completely out of her elements when it comes to her feelings for him. To make matters more complicated, an old flame comes back into Rogan’s life…

Rogan knows there’s nothing between him and his ex-fiance, Rynda Sherwood. But as Nevada begins to learn more about her past, her power, and her potential future, he knows she will be faced with choices she never dreamed of and the promise of a life spent without him.

As Nevada and Rogan race to discover the whereabouts of Rynda’s kidnapped husband and are forced to confront Nevada’s grandmother, who may or may not have evil motives, these two people must decide if they can trust in each other or allow everything to go up in smoke

First I want to say thank you to my awesome friend, who not only got me a copy of Wildfire but also stood in line and got it personalized and signed by the Andrews for me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you my dear friend, I will treasure it forever. This book was insane and just pure awesomeness. We got non-stop action, romance and humor. No matter how dire the situations are in books, the Andrews still always manage to make it funny and dun to read. I also should say that if you are hoping to find out who Caesar is in this book, you will be disappointed. While we get a strong idea who it is we never find out for sure. I really hope they decide to write more books in the series. In this book we learn even more history if the houses and how they run, we also see firsthand what goes into becoming a new house as Baylors are becoming one. I really liked that part as we get a better understanding but they also had the difficulties as some of their best kept secrets are being revealed. Yes. We learn everyone’s powers in this book and it is epic. I loved the dynamic between Nevada and Rogan, they are truly a power couple in every sense of the word. We also get to see Cornelius again and I really enjoyed how much he fits in with Nevada and co. Of course we have Bug, who I also adore. Someone less pleasant is also a bigger part of this book. Rynda. Rogan’s ex. I didn’t care much for her or her story but I loved how Nevada handled her and how it all ended. Unfortunately we do not get to see a lot of Augustine, whom I really liked and would have loved to see more of. Good or bad. Another think we learn more of is Nevada’s Grandmother , which had kind of a surprising ending to me. Overall, I loved this epic book and wish like many other readers that they do write more books in the series. There is so much more to be discovered and fought against. I give this book a full 5 ★ rating

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Arabella ran out of blackboard space, crouched, and began dividing on the floor. “This is what we get for teaching them Common Core,” one of the arbiters said. “There is nothing wrong with Common Core,” someone else said. Arabella”

***

“Yes, sir. I was going to kiss you good night, but now I can’t. It’s against the rules to fraternize with my superior officer.”

***

“When life hits you in the gut, it’s always a sucker punch. You never see it coming. One moment you’re walking along, worrying your little worries and making quiet plans, and the next you’re rolled into a ball, trying to hug yourself against the pain, frantic and reeling, your mind a jumble of scared thoughts.”

***

“I don’t believe she sees him as family,” Cornelius said. “She can see him however she wants. I only care how Rogan sees me.”

Available NOW

Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade. (Gordon is still sore about that.)

Gordon and Ilona currently reside in Oregon with their two children, three dogs and a cat. They have co-authored two series, the bestselling urban fantasy of Kate Daniels and romantic urban fantasy of The Edge.

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-wildfire-hidden-legacy-3-ilona-andrews
review 2017-11-08 17:39
Review: Haven by Mary Lindsey
Haven - Mary Lindsey

Rain Ryland has never belonged anywhere, He’s used to people judging him for his rough background, his intimidating size, and now, his orphan status. He’s always been on the outside, looking in, and he’s fine with that. Until he moves to New Wurzburg and meets Friederike Burkhart. Freddie isn’t like normal teen girls, though. And someone wants her dead for it. Freddie warns he’d better stay far away if he wants to stay alive, but Rain’s never been good at running from trouble. For the first time, Rain has something worth fighting for, worth living for. Worth dying for.

I really enjoyed this sort of fresh spin on shifters in this book. This book had a lot of elements to it and not just the supernatural. Rain did not have an easy life so far and did not have a stable home much with his mother’s battle with drugs they were always on the move and often living on the streets. Now moving in with his aunt he has to learn how to trust people again and learn to adjust to a new permanent home.

As all of that was not enough he also get thrown into the world of supernatural as he meets Freddie and her ”family” . I liked that there were a few new ideas ( for me) as far as the shifter world goes. I liked the watcher part and it was a pretty interesting concept. I liked the characters. Rain was fun and interesting to follow as he stumbles through life. I must say I was not a huge fan of Freddie in the beginning, but she grew on me throughout the book. But in the beginning she was a little too much back and forth. Yes and a minute later no type, which was bit annoying to me. But I think his aunt was my favorite person in the book. The way she took him in and trusted him and the way she adjusted to him but also her past. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and rate it 4★.

*I received a free copy from the publisher via Netgalley and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

Mary Lindsey

Mary Lindsey is a multi award-winning, RITA® nominated author of romance for adults and teens. Her books Shattered Souls and Fragile Spirits have been selected for the 2017 Spirit of Texas Reading Program.

Mary lives on an island in the middle of a river. Seriously, she does. When not writing, she wrangles her rowdy pack of three teens, two Cairn Terriers, and one husband. Inexplicably, her favorite animal is the giant anteater and at one point, she had over 200 "pet" Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. The roaches are a long story involving three science-crazed kids and a soft spot for rescue animals. The good news is, the "pet" roaches found a home... somewhere else.

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-haven-mary-lindsey
review 2017-10-28 22:19
Review:Protect Me (Rivers Edge #4) by Lacey Black
Protect Me - Lacey Black

Nate Stevens loves three things: Work, Family, Women. In that order. Having absolutely no desire to follow in three of his siblings’ footsteps by settling down, Nate lives for his work as a firefighter. That’s why his chance meeting with Lia leaves him unsettled like never before. There’s just something about the beautifully shy and reserved woman that he can’t walk away from.

Run. Hide. Keep moving. That’s exactly what Lia Walker has done for the last nine months. Escaping from her past, Lia continues to move from place to place before finding herself in the small town of Rivers Edge, Missouri. Following a chance encounter with her new boss’ brother, Nate, which leaves Lia feeling confused and vulnerable for the first time in months, Lia has to make a decision: to run or to stay.

When pasts are finally exposed, Nate and Lia find themselves at a crossroads. Nate will do anything to protect Lia from her past, but the question remains: Will Lia let him? When Lia’s past finally catches up with her, will running be the only way to protect the ones they love most in this world?

Another great book in the Rivers Edge series. This book was a bit different and darker than the previous books.

Lia is trying to escape her dark past. But that is easier said than done, even when things are in the past she still relives them in her nightmares. She also is still on a run and in constant fear.

It doesn’t make it any easier when she is starting to fall for Nate and also really enjoys the family that comes with him, something she never had.  As mentioned because of her past the book is a bit darker and a bit more suspenseful as the previous books but just as good. I really enjoyed it.

I liked Lia she is strong and never really gave up, even when it seemed like she had. She is also really funny and smart. She was a perfect fit not only for Nate but also for the Stevens Family.

Nate of course had also some issues form his past he had to deal with and I was really kind of surprised to learn what it was. I would have never guessed l knowing him from previous books.  I also really enjoyed him, also very funny and smart and protective over not only Lia but everyone he cares about. There was just one moment in the book I wanted to smack him, that he could not figure out what is going on, especially knowing her backstory and everything that was going on.  But luckily it past fast.

Again I loved the role the entire Family played in this book. I just can’t get enough of this Family. They are the prefect funny all around great family from next door.

Overall, really loved this book and I can’t wait to read Will’s story in the final full length Rivers Edge book.

I rate it 4 ½ ★

Available NOW

Lacey Black is a Midwestern girl with a passion for reading, writing, and shopping. She carries her e-reader with her everywhere she goes so she never misses an opportunity to read a few pages. Always looking for a happily ever after, Lacey is passionate about contemporary romance novels and enjoys it further when you mix in a little suspense. She resides in a small town in Illinois with her husband, two children, and a chocolate lab. Lacey loves watching NASCAR races, shooting guns, and should only consume one mixed drink because she’s a lightweight.

Lacey’s debut novel, Trust Me, was released in August 2014 and has been an Amazon Bestseller twice for Free e-books, as well as #1 for Contemporary Romance. All of the Rivers Edge books have been bestsellers in the Romance and Contemporary Romance categories.

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/protect-rivers-edge-4-lacey-black
review 2017-10-28 22:03
Review: And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
And I Darken - Kiersten White

No one expects a princess to be brutal. And Lada Dragwlya likes it that way. Ever since she and her gentle younger brother, Radu, were wrenched from their homeland of Wallachia and abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman courts, Lada has known that being ruthless is the key to survival. She and Radu are doomed to act as pawns in a vicious game, an unseen sword hovering over their every move. For the lineage that makes them special also makes them targets. Lada despises the Ottomans and bides her time, planning her vengeance for the day when she can return to Wallachia and claim her birthright. Radu longs only for a place where he feels safe. And when they meet Mehmed, the defiant and lonely son of the sultan, Radu feels that he’s made a true friend—and Lada wonders if she’s finally found someone worthy of her passion. But Mehmed is heir to the very empire that Lada has sworn to fight against—and that Radu now considers home. Together, Lada, Radu, and Mehmed form a toxic triangle that strains the bonds of love and loyalty to the breaking point.

I heard mixed reviews of this book and when I checked it out I thought it be something I enjoy and it be something I don’t read much of, historical fiction. After reading it I can say while it is not my go to genre I still really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. We follow Lada and her brother Radu basically since birth. As they being used as pawns in a major political power struggle. Mehmed, the son of a sultan is also a main character. Lada is the coldhearted, cruel and calculating one. She will stop at nothing to protect herself but also Radu her brother. While she is pretty cruel and cold, you can’t help but feel for her as you follow her through life. She is born in a time where girls where nothing more than a breeding machine, but she doesn’t want anything to do with that stigma. She wants to fight along the men. We also have Radu her brother; he is the complete opposite to her. At first he seemed weak and whiney but as you get to know him better you see that is not the case. He has other strengths he uses in this ongoing battle. You also can’t help to feel for him. While he is not cruel at all he still has his own battles . I jusat wanted to hug him and tell him everything will be fine…. I hope/ Next we have Mehmed and I must say I kept flip flopping with him. One time I liked him and the next I doubted him. One thing is for sure he grew in character the more powerful he became. I must say he was rather funny and actually brought some humor in this rather darkish book. Overall I really enjoyed this book. While it was rather slow paced it still kept me glued to the pages and I had hard time putting it down. Romance is also a big part of it. There is sort of a love triangle but yet not. It is hard to explain without spoiling it . It is also political and some religious aspects as we go through their time in the Ottoman Empire. But I was never bored and it has many unique twists and turns in it which kept you asking for more. I look very much forward to the next book.

I rate it 4★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“The last time she was up here, she had been... staring up at the sky and dreaming of stars. Now, she looked down and plotted flames.”

***

“..If anyone is going to kill you, it will be me. Understand?" Radu nodded, snuggling into her shoulder. "Will you protect me? "Until the day I kill you." She jabbed a finger into his side, where he was most ticklish, and he squealed with pained laughter.”

***

“She plucked a rose and held it to her face. She hated the way roses smelled, their sweetness too fragile. She wanted a garden of evergreens. A garden of stones. A garden of swords.”

***

“The sooner you stop fighting, the easier your life will be. That is what your purpose is." Lana stood so abruptly she nearly fell backward. "No.”

Kiersten White

KIERSTEN WHITE is the New York Times bestselling author of the Paranormalcy trilogy; the dark thrillers Mind Games and Perfect Lies; The Chaos of Stars; and Illusions of Fate. She also coauthored In the Shadows with Jim Di Bartolo. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, which, in spite of its perfection, spurs her to dream of faraway places and even further away times. Visit Kiersten online at kierstenwhite.com and follow @kierstenwhite on Twitter.

Website *** Facebook *** Twitter ***Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/review-darken-conquerors-saga-1-kiersten-white
review 2017-10-24 14:27
Review: Expect Me (Rivers Edge #3) by Lacey Black
Expect Me (Rivers Edge Book 3) - Lacey Black

Travis Stevens struggles to move on and forget about the one amazing night he spent tangled up in the sheets with a beautiful woman who disappeared just before dawn. Now she’s just a memory that he can’t ignore. But what do you do when the woman invades your thoughts day and night?

Josselyn McCray spent one perfect night wrapped up in the strong arms of a handsome stranger before running out in the early morning light. Now she’s out of money and luck and forced to make some life-altering decisions about her future. A future that is going to involve the man she hasn’t been able to forget.

Brought together by one night of passion, Travis and Josselyn are now linked forever. Will Travis and Josselyn be torn apart by demanding responsibilities and the stresses of getting to know each other? Or will they overcome the odds and find their way to happily ever after?

One thing is certain: life isn’t always what you expect.

I’m so glad that I stumbled upon Lacey Black. She has become one of my favorite authors and one of my go to authors when I’m in a reading slump. And her books always pull me out. This book is part of the series, but can be read as a standalone but it helps to have read the precious books. Which are also really great by the way. I just love the world and characters of Rivers Edge that Lacey Black hands created. Fun, loving .sexy and above all family. I loved the Family dynamics of the Stevens family , they are so much fun to read and to follow, and rather realistic. What I also love about these books is that the side characters are just as important as the main couple. They play and equal role in each book. Now to our main couple for this book. We have Travis Stevens this book and his one night stand Josselyn form the end of last book at his sister’s wedding. I really enjoyed those two …… and how they handled the pregnancy. In fact Travis after the shock of the news was great. He did everything he could to make sure she and the baby are taking care of. He actually was really happy. He worked hard to make everything perfect. He ever worked a little too hard at times. But I could understand where he was coming from a little. And I really never doubted him, his feelings toward Joss or the baby. While I really liked and enjoyed Joss, I also thought she could have been a little more interdependent. Even pregnant and in a new town I thought she could have done a little bit more for herself and maybe even for the baby and Travis. Yes, she fit perfectly into the family and they took her in as one of their own but I thought she was just a little to depended on them and Travis at times. But overall it all fit into the story line and just fit. Travis and Joss of course have some wicked chemistry and know how to set the sheets in fire, pregnant or not. I thought they were the perfect match for each other and balanced each other out nicely. The ending was while predictable absolutely prefect and I really could not see a better ending to their story. Overall, great book and I look forward to see more of the Stevens family in the next couple books.

I rate it 4 ★