logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Spider-Man
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-02-26 17:31
There's a Giant Trapdoor Spider Under My Bed
There’s a Giant Trapdoor Spider Under Your Bed - Edgar Cantero

Okay, this is not a horror story. Even a little bit. It is funny as heck though when we follow along with a sleepover that starts to get weirder and weirder and scarier for the kids involved. This book reminded me of how my mind worked as a kid though. I was convinced one night a witch was in my room and if I took the blanket off my head, she would be able to attack me. I swear at one point I felt her long dagger like nose poking at the top of my head. I kept convincing myself it had to be that my poster had fallen over and that was jabbing me in the head. I woke up the next day (when the sun rose all monsters and witches could not come into my bedroom) I found out that the poster was still up on the wall. So what poked me in the head? Yeah I was a mess as a kid.

I thank Cantero for the nostalgia this story brought and the Harry Potter references. I maybe died at the whole, so you're what? A woke Slytherin?

review 2020-02-11 23:46
Callahan's Legacy / Spider Robinson
Callahan's Legacy - Spider Robinson

For years, Callahan's was the place where friends met to have a few drinks, tell a few jokes, and occasionally save the world. Until that unfortunate incident with the nuke a few years ago....

But Jake Stonebender and his wife have opened a new Callahan's, Mary's Place, and all the regulars are there: Doc Webster, Fast Eddie the piano player, Long Drink McGonnigle, and of course the usual talking dogs, alcoholic vampires, aliens, and time travelers. Songs will be sung, drinks will be drunk (and drunks will have drinks), puns will be swapped...and as a three-eyed, three-legged, three-armed, three-everythinged alien flashes through space toward the bar, it just might be time to save the world again....

Suffice it to say that if you like Robinson’s Callahan novels, you will like this one. This offering was perhaps a bit better than the previous volumes or perhaps the series is growing on me (like a fungus). Something about Robinson’s voice in these books irritates the shit out of me--to me he sounds rather smugly self-satisfied. I hope that I’m wrong on that, but that’s my experience.

This story hasn’t aged well, being specific about certain computer and internet details as it is. It is definitely a creature of 1996. Also, be prepared for a LOT of pun-ishment. The puns are a characteristic of this series, but if you are allergic to this form of humour you may wish to pop an antihistamine before wading in.

Book number 354 in my Science Fiction and Fantasy reading project.

review 2020-02-04 17:45
#5StarReview – Itsy Bitsy Spider by Willow Rose @MadamWillowRose
Itsy Bitsy Spider - Willow Rose

I actually picked up Itsy Bitsy Spider by Willow Rose on an Amazon free day on 11.22.14. I didn’t read it until 6.8.19, but that’s not the books fault. LOL

I am thoroughly creeped out by spiders, so I do love this cover.

Itsy Bitsy Spider (Emma Frost #1)

Amazon / Audiobook / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Oh Astrid. My heart is breaking and I’ve only read the Prologue. I am one of those people that love Prologues and Epilogues.

Emma Frost is new to the island due to an inheritance, a house from her grandmother. let’s see what kind of trouble will come her way, seeing I know Willow Rose from other stories of hers I have read and she tends to blow my mind.

There’s a murder next door. “Welcome to the neighborhood.”

Willow has a way of grabbing me by the throat, gaining my full attention as I struggle like the characters to survive the evil.

WTF! Sure led me down a twisted, horrifying path to the killer.

Willow Rose draws me in slowly…I know it’s hard to come up with something new..and BAM, in your face, but Willow seems able to do that many times over!

From past to present an evil secret in Emma’s family is expose.

Blew me away. Saying OMG, Omg, omg…

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos5 Stars

READ MORE HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR WILLOW ROSE

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/5starreview-itsy-bitsy-spider-by-willow-rose-madamwillowrose/#.
review 2019-12-01 00:48
It Was Good ! My Spidey Senses Where All Tingly
Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours - Jim Butcher

Audiobook. I'd read anything Jim Butcher wrote even Spiderman. I'm not a Spiddy fan BTW. Now for the real shocker, I liked it, really liked it. The story had all the right levels of action, emotional moments and fun. The narrator did an excellent job, the author, well he can do no wrong.

review 2019-11-14 21:02
that epilogue broke me!
Spider (Rough Ink #2) - M.V. Ellis
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Meeting Emi 13 months ago had a profound effect on Spider. Not least because he saved her from her ex. Crossing paths again showed Spider how much he wanted to be with Emi. But Emi has her demons, and her secrets. Can she close the door on her past, and let Spider in? This is book 2 in the Rough Ink series, but it’s not necessary to read Zed, book one, before this one. Zed and Vivi pop up, but not very much. I enjoyed THAT book, though and it gave me a feel for Ms Ellis’ work. THIS book?? I LOVED this book! Spider thinks something is wrong with him, because there are no problems in his life, no skeletons in his closet. Until one day, his world comes crashing down around him and he turns to the newly reacquainted with Emi for support. But Emi is dealing with her world crashing down, and needs Spider for support too. Spider keeps messing up though and I loved the advice Zed gives him, basically throwing his own words back at him. Emi is determined NOT to fall into her previous mistakes, and when Spider messes up, he MESSES up. He does, quite beautifully redeem himself a time a two though! It’s dark though, be warned and readers with triggers for domestic violence will need to be careful. It’s quite violent in places, with Emi’s ex doing his thing and we do get some of that in detail. It’s not overly explicit, but the heat level for Emi and Chris (which is Spider’s real name, and I loved that she kept the two names separate!) is hot off the page! I read this book on one sitting, and I bloody loved it! The bit that wrenched the most emotion from me, though, was NOT Spider and Emi, but that really was heart breaking. No, the bit that had me SOBBING was the epilogue! A certain person has his say, in just that one chapter, and Lord does he have a lot to say! So well played there, Ms Ellis, very well played! 5 gut wrenching, emotional, extremely well written stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**