logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Stranger-Than-Reality
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-25 08:00
The Picture Of Dorian Gray
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde,Jeffrey Eugenides

A friend of mine told me about The Picture of Dorian Gray and she is quite a fan of it. I wanted to read it as well, to see if it really was as good as she said.

I enjoyed reading it. For me, it wasn't the best book I've ever read and there wasn't much surprise for me in it (my friend told me the story) but it was still interesting to read in my opinion. It took me quite some time to finish the book, but that hadn't to do with the story.

It was also the first book I read online (instead of on paper; it was a free read on GR and this was still before I had an eReader) so I had to get used to that as well.

review 2017-11-19 08:00
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception
Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception - Maggie Stiefvater

I liked the series about the wolves and that was why I wanted to try this series as well. I had little to no knowledge about fairies and whatsoever but I thought; lets give it a try.

I was not really what I expected it to be. The love story was weak and not really imaginative, the story itself was not great either. I was quite disappointed reading it. For me, it was not as special as her other series, which I enjoyed. I wouldn't recommend this series, please try her other series!

review 2017-11-18 08:00
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them (Hogwarts Edition)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - J.K. Rowling

Do you know that feeling that when you wake up in the morning and some strange creature is moving in your room, you suddenly get the urge to find out what it is? Yes? Then this is a wonderful book for you. Identify that Fantastic Beast and find out whether or not to panic (but remember to always take a towel with you)! Really useful!

Even if you haven't had any strange encounters with unidentified animals (?) this can still be a really nice book to read if you're a Potterfan...

review 2017-11-05 08:00
Shiver
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater

Normally I'm not that into YA books including vampires/werewolves etc. But I heard a lot of positive stories about this series by Maggie Stiefvater, so I thought: Lets give it a try.

It didn't disappoint me at all. I liked it. It was a easy reading, nice story. Different from what I'm used to read, but fun though. The story wasn't very complicated, I'll admit that, but it can by nice every once in a while to read a more simple book. It can be really enjoyable. Probably also a good read during the summer vacation.

review 2017-08-28 09:38
Rivers Of London: Black Mould
Rivers of London Volume 3: Black Mould - Ben Aaronovitch,Lee Sullivan Hill,Andrew Cartmel

I was looking forward to this so much I pre-ordered it three months in advance (something I'm not wont to do). When it finally arrived I was looking for a particular good moment to sit down with it and  read it in one go.

The comics of Rivers of London are a nice addition to the main series, although it doesn't seem they are essential to the overall plot of the series. Nevertheless I've been enjoying them a lot and would certainly recommend them to fans of the series. Black Mould, as the name suggests deals with an infestation of sentient mould and was another good read. The only complaint I had was that the solution felt a bit rushed, but this was not a major problem.