logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Sugar-Jamison
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2020-05-16 23:49
Dangerous Curves Ahead
Dangerous Curves Ahead - Sugar Jamison

Ellis is a Harvard educated lawyer. The only problem is, she hates what she is doing, so she quits. Her love is fashion and helping people find clothes that fit them and work with their body types. So, she opens her own store. It helps that she also does alterations having done so with her own clothing growing up. She had a crush on Mike years ago. Only problem is her sister dated him once upon a time.
Mike is a ladies man who is taking a break from that. After working as a NYC detective, he needs a change of scenery. So he begins work as a detective in his much smaller college town. One day, he bumps into Ellis and he knows he knows her, but can't remember where from.
I really liked the banter and interactions between the characters. Ellis's parents are interesting (Walter is on autism spectrum and her mother is a hippie). Colin (Mike's friend) Belinda, and Cherri (Ellis's) are super fun. Ellis's sister, Dina, is a first class bitch. Her ex, Jack is an asshole.
There are a few things that knocked this down to a 3. Ellis was constantly pushing Mike away. For the WHOLE book. Enough already! I actually didn't have any issues with Mike. But Ellis so so fixated on her weight. Enough already (yes, I know I said that already)! The epilogue was appreciated; however, Ellis did something I had a huge problem with.

She stopped taking her birth control and did not tell Mike.

(spoiler show)

I read this for Romance-opoly BFF's House moon track

review 2016-05-12 00:00
Heart of a Bad Boy
Heart of a Bad Boy - Sugar Jamison Heart of a Bad Boy - Sugar Jamison Ms. Jamison knows how to create a heartthrob. I received an ARC of Heart of the Bad Boy by Sugar Jamison in exchange for an honest review. The King brothers are worthy of some serious salivating. Tough on the outside but marshmallows on the inside. What woman wouldn't love that?Add the complicated history between these alpha men and their hometown of Destiny, you get stories of redemption and triumph. Heart of a Bad Boy is baby brother Levi's story. With the many upsets in his life Levi's sense of stability was almost non-existent. Family tragedy, physical abuse and prejudice were abundant fixtures within his childhood. There was a bright spot though. His best friend Shelly who looked beyond the renegade and saw the heart of a lost boy. Circumstances separated them but the ingenuity of a shrewd old woman and the pull of family bonds make for a love story that proves to be a combination sweet and salty good time. Have a soft spot for those bad boys and Sugar Jamison delivers.
show activity (+)
review 2016-01-31 16:39
Betting the Bad Boy
Betting the Bad Boy: The Bad Boys of Destiny - Sugar Jamison

I received this as an ARC through Netgalley.

I didn't like Duke.  He was an overbearing dick.  Grace, with her thirteen year old kid, was ridiculous.  While speaking to him, she referred to herself as "mommy" several times.  I'm surprised she didn't call Duke "daddy".

review 2016-01-31 00:00
Betting the Bad Boy: The Bad Boys of Destiny
Betting the Bad Boy: The Bad Boys of Destiny - Sugar Jamison Duke and Grace had a connection that outsiders didn't understand. He was the troubled bad boy. She was the rich girl who had a bright future. Love brought them together. Prejudice and hate tore them apart. I received an ARC of Betting the Bad Boy in exchange for an honest review. Lolly is a wonderful character. She gives these boys the nurturing they need direct to the point and with a sassy comeback every time. She's the missing piece to a less than perfect life for Duke, Colt and Levi. It is hard not to fall for Duke. Rough around the edges he has endured a lot of pain in his young life but has worked his tail off to make a better life for himself and his brothers. The Kings are not an easy family but are bonded by a past that would break anyone and are still standing.
This is a story of young love that developed into heartache but was stronger than all the persecution faced. Sugar Jamison is a lot like Lolly in that she is direct and to the point but compassionate. I love this series and am looking forward to Levi's story.
review 2015-10-29 00:00
The Bad Boy CEO
The Bad Boy CEO - Sugar Jamison The Bad Boy CEO is an amazing story. I requested an ARC of Sugar Jamison's novel from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed meeting the King brothers. The school of hard knocks taught them growing up that they could only rely on each other. Duke, Colt and Levi used the lessons learned from a dark childhood and have become successful business men. I am so hoping Ms. Jamison makes a series out of these brothers. Any story centered around brooding sexy males would be worth a look. Throughout the story there were hints of a series so I hope it will be followed through.

The Bad Boy CEO is the middle brother, Colt's story. In no way could Colt be describe as wearing his heart on his sleeve. He keeps his emotions stored away and focuses on making money for the business he and his brothers own. The human calculator (my nickname for Colt) uses work to escape all the pain from his past. Zanna has endured her share of heartache. In order to make a fresh start she left the past behind and moved on literally. New location, new people everything was going fine until Colt comes along and upends everything. Sugar Jamison is an author that is on the verge of big things. She took a story of heartbreak and bitterness and turned it into a sweet, sexy, gutsy novel that is just as filled with laughter as it is tears. I loved it.