Regency Box Set: (completed one month ahead of schedule)
1. His Jilted Bride (Banks Brothers Brides #3) by Rose Gordon 1 star
2. My Lady of Deception by Christi Caldwell 1 star
3. Much Ado about Dutton by Claudia Dain 0 stars
TBR Read Down:
4. The Dilemma of Charlotte Farrow (Avenue of Dreams #2) by Olivia Newport - 2 stars
5. Say Yes to Death (Debutante Dropout #6) by Susan McBride - 4.5 stars
6. Revelations (Blue Bloods #3) by Melissa de la Cruz - 3 stars
7. The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4) by Melissa de la Cruz - DNF
8. The Carousel Painter by Judith Miller - DNF
9. Tempted by Midnight (Midnight Breed #12.5) by Lara Adrian - 2 stars
10. Her Christmas Earl by Anna Campbell - 3 stars
Non-fiction Challenge: (37/50; 74% completed)
11. The Mercy of the Sky by Holly Bailey - 5 stars
12. The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon - 3 stars
13. The Whole Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson - DNF
14. What I Know Now edited by Ellyn Spragins - 2 stars
15. F5 by Mark Levine - 3 stars
16. Not Left Behind: Rescuing the Pets of New Orleans by Troy Snow/Best Friends 5 stars
17. Not Just the Levees Broke by Phyllis Montana-LeBlanc - 0 stars
18. Hell on Earth: The Wildfire Pandemic by David L. Porter w/Lee Reeder 2.5 stars
19. Brave Like My Brother by Marc Tyler Nobleman - 2.5 stars
20. Othello by William Shakespeare - 2 stars
Reading Challenge: 125 out of 150 books (83% completed) - this is according to GoodReads, as BL did not have two of the novels in the regency box set as a separate books, just as part of the box set.
DoD-MWR Summer Reading Program (ended August 12th)
COYER (ends today)
Bout of Books cycle 17 (August 22th-28th)
Moonlight Reader's Summer Bingo
This has been a busy summer and the autumn season looks just as busy reading-wise. I had to DNF three books (two in one day), and let one series go (bye-bye Blue Bloods). I started reviewing on GR (just one days BL was running extra slow), but I am looking at backing up my reviews on my Blogger page in case BL's servers/motivation to look after the site goes down further.
Done with another challenge - the Regency box set was completely read one month ahead of schedule thanks to my participation in Bout of Books cycle 17. Speaking of challenges, I blacked out my card for Moonlight Reader's Summer Bingo. I won the adult division of my base library's Summer Reading Program and received a Kindle Fire (5th gen). And I had a lot of fun talking with other readers/bloggers in the COYER FB group while also getting many books read off my NOOK.
I am very ready for autumn - cooler temps, pumpkin spice EVERYTHING, and reading about all things paranormal/supernatural. Little man starts Kindergarten in a few days, and I am both excited and teary-eyed. Bring on Halloween Bingo to keep me occupied.
Happy 30th Anniversary to Ann M. Martin's The Babysitters Club. I glommed this series when I was a kid. Claudia was my favorite, with Mary Anne a close second; Dawn was my least favorite.
It was fun being back with Andrea and the gang from Dallas. The characters were still rock solid as before, and the plot was page turning, if somewhat predictable as I guessed correctly who was the murderer after certain clues dropped. Cissy is still my favorite character. This book also tied up some loose ends from the previous book, making the entire story arc satisfying. Can't wait for #7. 4.5/5 stars
My Hubby turns the big 3-0 today!!
After taking a two month break, I am ready to tackle the last three books in the Regency box set. This month is cycle 17 of Bout of Books.
Regency Box Set:
1. His Jilted Bride (Banks Brothers Brides #3) by Rose Gordon
2. My Lady of Deception by Christi Caldwell
3. Much Ado about Dutton by Claudia Dain
TBR Read Down:
4. Lowcountry Bordello (Liz Talbot #4) by Susan M. Boyer
5. Lowcountry Book Club (Liz Talbot #5) by Susan M. Boyer
6. Say Yes to Death (Debutante Dropout #6) by Susan McBride
7. Revelations (Blue Bloods #3) by Melissa de la Cruz
8. The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4) by Melissa de la Cruz
9. The Carousel Painter by Judith Miller
10. The Mercy of the Sky by Holly Bailey
11. The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon
12. The Whole Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
Personal Library Additions
1. Long Gone Girl by Amy Rose Bennett
Heard about this book from a review at Dear Author. Heroine is a Korean War veteran and it's a second chance romance set in the mid to late 1950s. That is my catnip, plus I dig the cover. Only available in Kindle edition.
2. Lowcountry Bordello and Lowcountry Book Club (Liz Talbot Mystery) by Susan M. Boyer
This is where most of my Apple settlement money went to, but I am looking forward to catching up with the gang of Stella Maris, SC.
3. Say Yes to Death (Debutante Drop Out Mystery) by Susan McBride
Apple settlement money went here to; feels like forever since I read a DD Mystery book.
4. When We Touch (Whisky Creek Novella) by Brenda Novak
NOOK freebie. Probably going to start the books in the Whiskey Creek series I have already next month.
5. The Unleashing by Shelly Laurenston
Laurenston did an podcast interview with Sarah Wendell of Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and she seemed like a really great author. I saw this as a NOOK sale or freebie and picked it up.
6. Gambled Away: An Anthology by Various Authors
Someone on my friends list (sorry can't remember who) just reviewed this a few days ago and it seems up my alley. I liked three of the authors in this anthology, so I have a good feeling about this. Kindle edition only.
7. Bitter is the New Black: A Memoir by Jen Lancaster
Recommended by the librarian I trust.
8. Troublemaker by Leah Remini
9. Bossy Pants by TIna Fey
Well, since I picked up Poehler's book, might as well. Plus Grim had a good review of it.
10. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
What I originally intended on picking up when I went to the library.
*idea created by Moonlight Reader
**SusannaG's name for my reading method of late