logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Tapestry
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-06-12 10:00
Release Day Review! Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries #1) N.J. Walters!
Christina's Tapestry - N.J. Walters

Captivated by a lush tapestry she sees in a shop window, Christina Beaumont impulsively buys it, never imagining how that one action will change her life. The magical tapestry not only transports her to a world that resembles medieval Earth, but also into the arms of two massive warriors who both want to claim her.

Jarek and Marc, brothers of the House of Garen, are elated to discover the tapestry has delivered Christina to them, but ancient tradition dictates that they must compete for the right to be her husband. Both separately and together, the two will indulge Christina in every sensual way possible, taking her to passionate heights beyond even her most intense fantasies.

As the time for Christina to choose between the two men draws near, she is confronted with another option: she can return to her own modern world. Fearing their loss, Jarek and Marc will join forces to convince Christina to stay with them, even as they fight a rival family for the right to keep her as their very own . . . This is a revised edition of a previous published book.

Oooh, la, la, just wait until you hear what I have to tell you... I just had a sensational sensually stimulating visit to the past where I met the strong and captivating Jarek, Marc and Christina. These delighted me with their magical romance full of temptation and some really hot and sexy love scenes including menage scenes. The relationship itself was a bit slow in catching up to the sizzling chemistry that burned between these characters but hey who can blame Christina for being a bit slow on the uptake when she just got yanked from her time and place and dropped right in the laps of two super sexy warriors, who by their very natures would turn any red-blooded woman's brain to mush. I could certainly connect with her and the two warriors as they explained the prophecy concerning the tapestry and why there romance had to move at such a fast pace.

Which kept things hot and steamy throughout and had me glued to the magical pages and N.J. Walters brought the story to such vivid life that I could practically smell the fresh air and I pictures each and every scene as they happened and let me tell you, that I was quite flushed by the time Christina made her decision about whether to stay or to go home. I will definitely be awaiting the release of the next Tapestry series romance, meanwhile I think I will be on the lookout for my very own 'tapestry'.

Christina's Tapestry

BookLikes - http://booklikes.com/christina-s-tapestry-n-j-walters/book,13978864

The 1st book in the Tapestries series.

It is being re-released on June 12, 2018 by Beyond the Page Publishing and is available in ebook at:

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DDNPRN3/

Smashwords - http://www.njwalters.com/:%20https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/834414

GPlay - https://play.google.com/store/books/details/N_J_Walters_Christina_s_Tapestry?id=bdVdDwAAQBAJ

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/christina-s-tapestry-1

B&N- https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/christinas-tapestry-n-j-walters/1107145653?ean=2940161991053

can be found at:

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/n-j-walters

BookLikes - http://booklikes.com/n-j-walters/author,246071

review 2016-08-22 00:00
Thérèse Makes a Tapestry
Thérèse Makes a Tapestry - Alexandra S.D. Hinrichs,Renée Graef ** I received a free e-galley from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review**

Cover: Beautiful!
Rating 5 Charming Stars
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Thérèse makes a gift for her father
Overall: Well thought out, and masterfully written!
Recommend? Yes!

Short Review:
The cover is what caught my attention. I have always loved the painted look, (The Story of the Candy Cane was my favorite as a child!) This book didn't disappoint. Transporting the reader into a different time and place with beautiful pictures, and a master of words. Both a history lesson, and a charming story. I loved seeing Thérèse as she poured her heart into her gift, and the surprise at the end! A beautiful story that is sure to please!

Full Review can be found on my blog: Adventures Thru Wonderland
review 2015-06-30 00:22
The Tapestry by Nancy Bilyeau
The Tapestry: A Novel - Nancy Bilyeau

The latest installment in the Joanna Stafford series continues our favorite former novice's story as she attempts to make a life for herself that doesn't include the priory, maybe includes a husband, and hopefully doesn't include contact with her cousin Henry VIII. As in the first two books, events rarely transpire as Joanna has planned, and sometimes she doesn't even have a plan.

The twists and turns in this story evince in depth historical research going well beyond the court of the English king and his unfortunate fifth wife. I enjoyed learning about some of the drama going on the continent as Joanna searched for the truth about Edmund Sommerville.

Joanna's friendship with the sweet, naive Catherine Howard had been well established in The Chalice, so when Joanna runs into Thomas Culpepper early on in this novel I was already preparing for her heartbreak. Catherine and Thomas end up not quite as featured as I would have guessed as the story takes unpredictable paths.

Since I do not want to give away too much, I will simply say that I love the way Bilyeau has made Joanna so real. Part of her aches to return to the priory and a future that is simply no longer possible. Her faith is a strong influence on her decisions and actions, even when she isn't sure what God would have her do with this uncertain future. She continues to struggle with her feelings for Edmund and Geoffrey, and at other times wonder if she was even meant to marry at all. I loved her. I wanted to shake her & help her see the truth. I can imagine that a young woman like Joanna really existed in Tudor England.

This series has been surprisingly good, and I am glad that I had the pleasure of reading it. My copy of The Tapestry was provided by Nancy Bilyeau, and she was even kind enough to sign it. This did not affect my opinion or review, but it is awesome! I want to thank her and assure her that I did indeed "enjoy the journey of Joanna!"

review 2015-04-11 17:24
HIGH FANTASY CLASSIC
The Fionavar Tapestry - Guy Gavriel Kay

This is a fantasy trilogy where Guy Gavriel Kay made a knowing and deliberate decision to emulate J.R.R. Tolkien. Perhaps this was to be expected after Kay spent a considerable time helping Christopher Tolkien (J.R.R.’s son) edit The Silmarillion, but he himself has explained (in numerous interviews) that this series was undertaken to prove that “High Fantasy” was complex enough to spawn many original stories, and that inferior Tolkien imitators need not become the norm for the genre. Whether Kay completely succeeded in this endeavor can be debated, but The Fionavar Tapestry is definitely a trilogy well worthy of its Lord of the Rings comparisons.

In The Summer Tree, the story begins with five college students from Toronto being transported to Fionavar (the first world that all others emulate) by Loren Silvercloak. This other worldly mage is a kindly man, who assures the frantic five that he is merely “borrowing” them for a short while so they can be guests of the royal court for a celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the king’s ascension to the throne, but that he has ever intention of immediately returning them to their homes. Soon after their arrival in the Kingdom of Brennin, however, things begin to turn sour when the evil god Rakoth Maugrim, the Unraveller, escapes from his imprisonment under the great mountain of Rangat. Our unwary travelers then find themselves trapped in the struggle to overcome Rakoth, slowly realizing that each of them will have some special role to play in saving Fionavar.

The second book, The Wandering Fire, is a standard middle of a trilogy tale, in that it focuses on aligning all the good and evil characters up for an epic confrontation in the final volume of the series. But Kay also finds time to do something else here: integrate real world myths into the fantasy narrative. These run the gamut from the very prominent Arthurian legend of Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere to the less well-known tidbits of Celtic and Northern mythos.

In The Darkest Road, Kay brings the “High Fantasy” tale to a close with the inevitable final battle between the forces of Good and Evil, the end of the quest for the mountain, and the decision of the hero who holds the fate of all in his hands. As familiar and simplistic as that might seem, Kay fills the narrative to the brim with dark broodiness, fertile hope, and an “eucatastrophe” that is deeply moving to read and wraps up all the characters’ storylines.

Now, as I alluded to earlier, The Fionavar Tapestry is very similar to Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. There are dwarves, elves, a nation of horsemen, an ancient god-like villain once cast down but now returned, traitorous mages, the heir to a powerful kingdom in exile who has now returned, and the quest of someone to the evil mountain itself. (I’ve only named the most prominent examples; there are actually many more.) And, at its core, the series is very much a Tolkien-like chronicle of the battle between Good and Evil with little suspense as to which side each character will ultimately align with. So if you are one of those readers who views Tolkien-like fantasy as “brain candy” with no redeeming value, then I doubt you will like this trilogy very much . . . but there is still a chance you might.

The reason why is that, in The Fionavar Tapestry, Kay has delivered a deeply moving, richly imaginary world, crafted with some of the most lyrical prose ever to grace a fantasy page. The work is grand in scope, deep in emotions, brimming with detailed characters, and crystallizes quickly into something hauntingly beautiful.

None of which means you are guaranteed to love it. Everyone’s tastes are quite different. However, I would encourage naysayers to take a leap of faith, pick this series up at the used books store or on Amazon or wherever, and sit down with an open mind about what emotions “High Fantasy” can still invoke. I realize that the Tolkien clones have ruined this sub-genre to a certain extent, but it is still a powerful medium that a master storyteller can mine for powerful themes and emotional reactions – and Guy Gavriel Kay is definitely a master.

Source: bookwraiths.com/2015/04/10/flashback-friday-the-fionavar-tapesty-by-guy-gavriel-kay
review 2015-03-30 01:57
Crimson Beat (Josie Hawk Chronicles 0.6) by Elle J. Rossi
Crimson Beat - Spring Equinox (The Celtic Tapestry Collection, Book 1) - Elle J Rossi

In this follow up to Alabaster Nights, Keller O'Leary comes back to Nashville with his band Crimson Beat.

I think the name of Keller’s band is appropriate for a bunch of vampires. We meet the band: Lucian, Matthew, Alex, Grant, and Keller. I like that they become protective of Josie.

Josie fights her relationship with Keller, and wants to discover why he is really in town. This is a great short story that was fun to read.

Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.