logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: The-Future-of-Us
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-05 07:52
Zero Hour Part 4: Survivors by Eamon Ambrose
Zero Hour Part 4: Survivors - Eamon Ambrose

Zero Hour Part 4: Survivors by Eamon Ambrose is a futuristic, dystopian short story which starts where Part 3 stopped. It is action-packed and a crazy post-apocalyptic world. I gave it five stars.

"Halfway there, I realize I'm too late. Murphy looks up, frozen in terror, and covers his head with his arms hopelessly to shield himself as a huge Nemesis drone the size of a car falls from the sky, crushing him. The sound he makes as it hits him will never leave me. I can't even describe it. Never in all the years of fighting have I seen someone die like this."

The survivors think that Captain Sarah Ford was killed in action. The unnamed narrator is disrespected by Davis who has a few supporters. At a meeting, the narrator finally decks Davis with one solid punch. His cronies pick up his limp body and drag him outside. Then they steal the truck with all the supplies and disable the other truck. The group had just voted unanimously to kill Davis when he and the others escaped.

I can hardly wait to read Part 5, Countdown.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Hour-Part-4-Survivors-ebook/dp/B01CN52DYU

review 2018-07-29 13:46
Illuminae
Illuminae - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

Now I’ve finally read this book that I’ve read so much  about on book blogs all over the internet. I was a bit concerned that the special ’format’ wouldn’t work for me but fortunately it did. This book definitely lived up to its reputation. I won’t go into the plot because it’s mentioned on the back cover. I’ll just say that I liked many of the characters. My only complaint is that the story is a bit too dark for my taste. Despite that, I’m really glad to have read it.

review 2018-07-15 06:25
Left Alive #2: A Zombie Action and Adventure Novel by Jeremy Laszlo (Only Book #2)
LEFT ALIVE (Zombie series Box Set): Books 1-6 of the Post-apocalyptic zombie action and adventure series - Jeremy Laszlo,Carlos Cara

Left Alive #2: A Zombie Action and Adventure Novel by Jeremy Laszlo starts where Left Alive #1 stopped. It is a post-apocalyptic, dystopian novel which is peopled with zombies of a different nature. I gave it five stars.

"Everyone had been tainted with the fertilizer that unleashed an agricultural plague to end all plagues across the planet. I had watched on the news as they showed us the devastation. They showed us the quarantines and the evacuations. There were the food strikes, the hunger and fear that drove average citizens into hostile frenzies...War erupted on a nearly global scale."

Charlie meets Lindsay who had saved his life before. She saved him again. He woke to missing his arm that had been caught in a bear trap by a Hunter.

I look forward to reading the next book in the series, Left Alive #3.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Left-Alive-Zombie-Action-Adventure-ebook/dp/B00M9E9CKY

review 2018-07-12 00:27
Bad Metal 03: Replacement Parts by Robert Black
Bad Metal 03: Replacement Parts - Robert... Bad Metal 03: Replacement Parts - Robert Black

Bad Metal 03: Replacement Parts by Robert Black is a futuristic science fiction book. I gave it four stars because it kept my attention start to finish.

The Kappa automaton nicknamed two was using its skill set to perform diagnostics & repairs on its older 'siblings'.

"Gibson wasn't sure what sort of response Wanda had expected, but his brief explanation of betrayal & mortal danger seemed to have taken the wind out of her sails. He fixed her with a burning stare out of his remaining eye, & held it until she looked away. It didn't take very long."

I received a complimentary copy from Amazon. That did not change my opinion for this review.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Metal-03-Replacement-Parts-ebook/dp/B00SVGYSDU

review 2018-06-23 04:39
The Massacre of Mankind: Sequel to The War of the Worlds - Stephen Baxter

The Massacre of Mankind: Authorised Sequel to The War of the Worlds by Stephen Baxter is a detailed followup about the Martian invasion of England. It's a brutal story but easy to envision. It is a long book and I believe much of it could have been edited out. I still gave it four stars.

I received an advanced reading copy from Crown Publishing and NetGalley. That did not change my opinion for this review.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Massacre-Mankind-Authorised-Sequel-Worlds-ebook/dp/B014SV4TM6