logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: The-Jungle-Book
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-03-18 22:45
The Stuff of Legend, Book 2: The Jungle - Mike Raicht,Brian Smith,Charles Paul Wilson III

For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

This is a great continuation of the series. I liked this one a little bit more than the first book because I feel like it covers more ground and you learn more about the characters. I enjoyed the first book, but it kind of dragged at points with the whole Hopscotch pit stop. This one felt more continuous. There were still stops along the way, but they felt more relevant to the overall story.

Great story. Can't wait to keep reading.
review 2017-12-20 19:27
Rebecca's Redemption (Call to the Jungle Book 3) - Lee Carver

REBECCA’S REDEMPTION by Lee Carver

Have enjoyed the other books in this series although they are also stand alone books, love the locations and so much more.

Three things I like about a book: has a bit of romance, I have to learn something new and I have to be taken away. This book provides all 3!

This one starts out with Rebecca and she's arriving in the jungle to help as a missionary at the hospital center.

Dr. Ed is the main doctor when she arrives and he has two girls that live nearby. There are other nurses and one is hoping the doctor will pay attention to her now that his wife has been gone over a year.

Rebecca just does what she's told and tries to stay out of the nurses way, she wants no conflict.

What I liked about this book was it took me away from the very first page on the plane just about to land and I felt like it was me sitting there as I've experienced small plane travel.

Very descriptive details of the scenery and all the medical things done to patients. Like how they all get along so smooth. Especially liked how they get the things they need and the trips to other areas to enjoy themselves.

Love the books the children get and was so surprised when Rebecca was given a gift. Learned so much about the fauna and nature, animals and procedures.

Conflict does occur when an agency arrives to investigate and you wonder if they will shut the hospital down...

Loved hearing of the scriptures and how that helps Rebecca and Dr. Ed open up to each other about their pasts.

Thought this was the best out of the series but all are very good and so detailed and descriptive.

I was given the book by the author via Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and this is my honest review

review 2017-12-14 19:13
Rebecca's Redemption (Call to the Jungle Book 3) - Lee Carver

This book is really by Lee Carver, not Raymond at all   Hope somebody can correct his:

REBECCA’S REDEMPTION by Lee Carver

review 2017-12-10 20:15
The Jungle Book (Disney The Jungle Book) - Walt Disney Company

Good book. A nice, simple summary of the film adaptation. Good illustrations. A bit wordy, but still easy to understand.

For more reviews, check out my blog Craft-Cycle

review 2017-11-28 03:03
Weird art edition of Kipling's animal stories
The Jungle Book: Manga Classics - cr Crystal S. Chan,Rudyard Kipling,julien choy

Disclaimer: reviewing an eARC edition for NetGalley

The art style of this edition totally didn't work for me, but if you enjoy it, the book does a good job summarizing a bunch of Rudyard Kipling's animal-oriented stories. Unlike many of the other Manga Classics series, rather than a pretty shoujo style, the art is more comedic and cartoony. Which could have been good, as there aren't romantic heroes in any of the stories to flatter, but something about the ways the eyes were drawn in particular just rubbed me the wrong way. Like, they look crazy, not funny. It's kind of a weird edition, because I wouldn't necessarily hand it to a little kid - the language and particularly the poems/songs are too challenging. But the art is definitely more kid-oriented. In this case, I'd say just read the originals for the full experience.