logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: The-Walking-Dead
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-10-22 18:38
What Happened in China During the Zombie Outbreak ?
Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead: Typhoon - Wesley Chu
Chinese zombie apocalypse
We all know The Walking Dead here in America, we've seen the total destruction and hoards. Well now imagine China with nearly 1.4 billion zombie ready bodies all crammed in a small location. Imagine the size of the hoards, it would be like a typhoon hitting the living.. It is frightening on a whole new scale. The characters are a mix of people from China and from America, civilians, military and other. People stuck in the country after the zombies spread, and the government mislead them. There is a touch of political drama, that fits nicely into the story unfolding and makes it very believable. The characters are relatable, easy to cheer on or wish a slow death. The action was intense at times, making it hard to put the book down and get some sleep. I loved it. I'd really love to see a new series from this book, let's get out of America and see how some of the rest of the world is handling things.
Bravo Wesley Chu.

I received a copy of this from the publisher for an honest review
review 2019-10-15 16:27
Dead Girl Walking by Ruth SIlver
Dead Girl Walking - Ruth Silver

What a quick, fun and easy read. Perfect for the season too.
This story reminded me of that old grim reaper TV show, Six Feet Under. All the things you normally think about reapers is not so, the reapers are more human like the show. They live like humans and look like them too, just in an undead way.
I liked the story itself but didn't love the end. Man, it was rushed like an ambulance. I hate abrupt endings.
I would read more though. I want to see how Leila does as a reaper, plus we finally got to the romance between her and Wynter. I definitely want to peek in on that part of the story some more.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2019/10/dead-girl-walking-by-ruth-silver-40.html
review 2019-08-18 16:18
Volume 32 Rest in Peace
The Walking Dead, Vol. 32: Rest In Peace - Robert Kirkland,Charlie Adlard,Research and Education Association,Stefano Gaudiano,Cliff Rathburn

This is the end--the very last volume of the series.  When I went online in search of the release date for this volume, I also learned this was going to be the end.  THE END.  Initially, I put a hold on the book in my library's system.  Somehow, without my noticing, the library system had obtained four copies that were, OF COURSE, already checked out, and had several copies in cataloging.  And five people ahead of me in line.  The way this even happened was that someone had changed the way the titles were cataloged, so back when I first searched for "The Walking Dead. Vol 32," I got no search results.  Because the book was entered with the world "Volume" written out, and four people got to check out books I didn't know the library system had.

And I decided, "Screw that.  This is the last volume of the entire Walking Dead series."  So I walked out the the local comic shop and spent the $16.99 + tax to own this baby.  Then took myself off the waitlist to let others fight out when the library system makes it copies available.

I don't want to spoil anything about this final volume, and that makes it tricky to write about.  I will say that for a while now, I've been feeling that the series needs to be ended, and it needs to be ended well.  I believe it has been.  Not that there isn't pain, and yes, you will be choked up.  I think this ending did the series justice.  And I'm happy to put this book on my shelf.

review 2019-08-01 00:16
Cover [Updated]
The Walking Dead, Vol. 31 - Charlie Adlard,Cliff Rathburn,Stefano Gaudiano, 'Robert Kirkman'

Update:  Thank you to Themis-Athena for updating the cover!

[Now they match!]

Gah, it kills be to see this with the wrong cover!  This is the cover:

[Yes, I did submit an edit; I guess it's still pending....]

review 2019-07-29 00:01
Walking Dead

Do not read if you are not up to date through volume 30!

Stephanie, the woman Eugene had been communicating with over his CB radio, turns out to be a resident of a community called The Commonwealth.  A group including Rick and Michonne travels out there in volume 30.  Michonne finds a picture of herself on a long-abandoned "have you seen this person" board and discovers that her (now adult) daughter Elodie posted it.  Understandably, reconnecting and catching up with her daughter becomes her primary focus in Volume 30.

The Commonwealth is a large community that has found a way to restore a version of "life before."  There are even restaurants and resorts, with waitstaff.  One of the not-so-great aspects of "life before" replicated in The Commonwealth is social hierarchy depending on one's profession.  Upper-level residents of The Commonwealth are eager to have Michonne join their community and resume her "before" profession of practicing law.  Because of that background, Michonne is immediately treated as elite and offered luxury accommodations to move into.

After a trip in which Rick and associates escort Commonwealth Governor Pamela Wilton and her entourage to see the communities our main characters are associated with, it's back to The Commonwealth.  Rick's people are understandably wary of a governor.  Back at The Commonwealth, it soon becomes apparent that the social iniquities are responsible for unrest and division.  What, if anything, should Rick's group do about this?  I don't want to give anything away, but there are serious differences of opinion about the answer to that question.  Annnnnd.  Cliff-hanger, again.

I've read somewhere online that Volume 32 will be the last.  As much as I enjoy this series, it really does need to be resolved and wrapped up.  It feels we've been through all this before.