logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Tiffany-Daune
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-01-26 16:53
Monday Mini – Coral & Bones by Tiffany Daune
Coral & Bone - Tiffany Daune

Coral & Bone by Tiffany Daune is a fabulous fantasy ride into the ocean deep.

I had seen this book around and fell in love with the cover.

What do you see?

Coral & Bone

MY REVIEW

Coral & Bone by Tiffany Daune is the first book in her Coral & Bone series of fantasy and magic that swept me away from Rockaway Beach to the ocean deep.

Halen didn’t discover her gift, or is it a curse, until she returned home to Rockaway Beach.

HE began haunting her.

She had been born on a blue moon, which made her very special!

Mermaids, empaths, sirens, magic…hunters.

If it sounds like a battle between good and evil, it is. And the unknowing participant is Halen.

Coral & Bone engulfed me from the start and kept drawing me in further.

I love a book with a twist that catches me unaware and Tiffany Daune did that. Coral & Bone is more than just your average paranormal/fantasy read.

The only thing I don’t like about Coral and Bone…there’s more. I enjoyed the story and would highly recommend it. Curses & Ash, Book II is available, so no waiting.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

To see more visit fundinmental

~~~~~~~~~~~~
To see all my Giveaways, go HERE.

animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifIf you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?

Thanks for visiting!

Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-coral-bones-by-tiffany-daune
review 2015-12-03 03:42
DNFed at 52%
Coral & Bone - Nathalia Suellen,Tiffany Daune,Alix Reid

I'm just going to DNF this mess. I know I won't get back to it. It needed too much work. Way too many events happened, all jumbled up with little world building. The characters were very flat, and the "romance" wasn't there.

review 2014-12-30 22:38
Coral & Bone - Tiffany Daune

I received a copy through netgalley.

Halen is lied to her whole life about who and what she is. She has a feeling she different but can't figure out what it is. Then one night everything changes.

I loved this book. It is such a different take on Mermaids. It's a pretty quick flowing story and It never slows down. It becomes a hard to put down and it is the first book in an exciting new series. The characters are really different and the author has a great imagination. Try not get lost in this story I dare you.

review 2014-10-16 13:29
Coral and Bone by Tiffany Duane
Coral & Bone - Tiffany Daune

On a very positive note, I absolutely adore this cover. It is ethereal and menacing and simply beautiful in its design. It was about halfway through the story when I finally kind of understood its meaning. LOVE IT!

Now, onto the story.

I had actually passed this book up the first time I was given a chance to sign up for a possible review spot. Not because I had no interest in it, mind you, but because my schedule of books was currently full up at the time. So it was with a huge smile on my face when I was finally faced with this book a second time. I immediately snatched it up then, because I didn't want it to slip away again.

The world this author this has created wonderful and almost awe-inspiring in its brilliance. I absolutely loved Elosia. It just oozed mystery and fantasy and just...there are no words for it. I want to know so much more about this world. I want someone to paint this world so I can hang it on my wall, that's how much I love it.

As for the characters, I did like them, but there were times where I tired of some of them. Halen, the subject of most of this story, and around whose life this story pretty well bases, is a strong character. But only when it suits her. Throughout most of the book she just wants things to go back to normal. She wants to run away, thinking she can abandon the destiny that has been laid for her. And while yes, I admit, the people around her were mainly wanting her to save their own skins and she was their only hope, as far as they could tell at least, she still seemed a bit...I don't know the right word...too apprehensive for my taste. I can understand the circumstances were not ideal and everything was happening a bit too fast, and a little bit of denial is a given at first, but she had been coddled a bit too much by her mother. And by that, I mean, her mother allowed herself to run from her problems, and she continued to do so when Halen was informed of her fate to save the three realms, so that was all Halen basically knew, and so she did it herself. I guess I shouldn't fault her for that small chink in her personality, but it just bothered me a bit too much for my liking.

Other than that, I think the rest of the characters were okay. They were all likeable, especially Tage, I loved her. She was cool. The one character that confused me was Halen's sister, the sister she never knew about. While it wasn't the character herself which confused me, it was the way in which the other characters talked about her. I can understand believing in whether she was dead or not dead, but one of the characters just suddenly changed his adamant thoughts about her being not dead to a sudden declaration of her being dead almost near the book's end. I was just thinking on it and was gonna change my statement and say nevermind, that I understood the situation regarding this change, but after much deliberation, I still don't understand.

The story itself just felt unnecessary. I mean, the whole point of the story was to defeat a bad guy, and while I expected him to have a bigger role if this is to be a trilogy, he doesn't. Well, in a way, he does, which I still don't understand the ending, but the whole final battle was a bit anticlimactic for me. And there was not really a clear transition into a second book. Yes, the last few pages hinted at more, but I kind of wished for an event that would leave me breathless and pining like a jilted lover for the second book. And anyway, the build-up to the final battle, Halen's training and all that, seemed to fast for me. I kind of wish there was more to this first novel, because it just felt incomplete. The beginning was great, perfect even, but at some point that perfection waned and it felt like the rest of the story was a bit rushed. I think that with a better execution, this first book could be the basis for a phenomenal series.

I will be reading the second book when it comes out, because I want to know more about this third realm that is talked about in this book, the one that has been blocked by fire this entire time, but I kind of wish I could feel more toward it instead of just a slight curiosity of future events.

review 2014-09-11 22:25
Coral and Bone
Coral & Bone - Tiffany Daune

Fifteen year-old Halen knows that something is different about her; she has enough magic sparking in her fingers to burn down a building, her hearing is good enough that she wears earplugs throughout her day and she can still hear whispers, lately she has been drawing detailed pictures of a boy who she has never seen. Recently, Halen and her mom have moved back to Rockaway Beach, the place where Halen watched her father drown and Halen is having trouble keeping her powers at bay. When a mysterious boy shows up at Halen's door one night, Halen jumps into the ocean to escape him and is transported to the realm of Elosia, a land of sirens. In Elosia Halen finds out that she has been lied to all her life and that those closest to her have kept secrets from her about her destiny and the fate of Elosia.

First of all, I have a huge case of cover love for this book! I wasn't quite sure what exactly I was getting into with Coral and Bone, but I was pleased to find out that it is a young adult paranormal with a darker side. I haven't read many YA books where mermaids and sirens are characters and I was happy to read about something a little different. The mermaids and sirens aren't what I would have thought, they are uniquely done in a thoughtful, creative and surprising way. I just wanted to give Halen's character a hug, for having been lied to her whole life she handles all of the situations that she has been thrown into pretty well. It was nice that there was a touch of a romance, but it was not overdone, was not the driving factor and actually fit well into the plot line. There was a really interesting twist with the villain, Astair, also. I'm still not quite sure how much of a villain he is. I do wish that Elosia was explored a little more, that realm seemed awesome!

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.

Want to win a copy of Coral and Bone?  Go here.

Source: stephaniesbookreviews.weebly.com/blog-tours/coral-and-bone