logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Tips
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-05-14 09:15
Great editing tips, well presented

Okay, so 20 Editing Tips from Professional Writers is promo material for ProWritingAid, an "editing tool that highlights style issues and compares your writing to the best writers in your genre". It's even written by the founder Chris Banks and editor of the ProWritingAid blog, Lisa Lepki.

Does that mean it's all about flogging their site?

Yes, with almost every editing tip there's an explanation on how ProWritingAid identifies the issue so you can make the appropriate edits.

But what about those twenty editing tips?

Surprisingly, at least for me, they are all excellent advice and well worth the not-so-subtle sales pitch for their product. And as a bonus, each tip is presented in an easy to read info-graphic style and comes with examples.

I downloaded this e-book free using a link provided by BookBaby. https://cdn.prowritingaid.com/ebook/ProWritingAid_EBook.pdf,

If you prefer you can pay for it - it's worth it and less expensive than a subscription to their site.

review 2018-02-17 02:33
A quick read about a Ride Share Driver
Uber Diva: Hot Tips for Drivers and Passengers of Uber and Lyft - Charles St. Anthony,Marcella Hammer

This is a combination of memoir of a Lyft/Uber driver, and a guide to starting/surviving/thriving as one in a tough market. A memoir/guide written by a humorist, it should be stressed, so there's plenty of humor infused throughout. That right there sounds like a winning book -- and <b>Uber Diva</b> almost was one.

Sadly, it came across as a pretty good first draft or a series of short blog posts. Every chapter -- almost every paragraph -- could've used just a little more. A little more detail, a little more context. A few chapters read like a thorough outline rather than actual prose -- just a series of bullet points along a theme. A little more expansion, a little more time spent with each idea and this would've been a whole lot of fun. As it is, <b>Uber Diva</b> is frequently worth a chuckle or wry smile to oneself, but it's never enough to satisfy.

I'm not crazy about St. Anthony's organization, either -- I'm not sure it ever made that much sense. Particularly, the jump from his opening to the rest just didn't work for me, it was a jarring tonal shift. The first chapter would've fit better as a closing or penultimate chapter, if you ask me.

There's a lot to like here, but it feels undercooked. It's enjoyable enough -- especially, I bet, for Lyft/Uber drivers -- but it could've been so much better. A little more revision, a little expansion and I bet I'd be talking about a good read, rather than one that's just good enough.

<i><b>Disclaimer:</b> I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.</i>

Source: irresponsiblereader.com/2018/02/16/uber-diva-by-charles-st-anthony
review 2017-09-24 22:19
Getting Kids To Write and Enjoy It
My Weird Writing Tips - Dan Gutman,Jim Paillot

Borrowed this book from the library. Loved it so much that I bought it for the Kindle. It helped my girls with their writing. I will be having them reread it, for more tips to continue making their writing better.

review 2017-08-04 12:22
How to Better Your Essay Writing Skills

An essay is a collection of words that is used to put a point or views in a more interesting way. A good essay should there for, comprehensive, stylistic, artistic and the same time informative. Brilliant students know how to achieve these in a single essay. For those who find it quite technical, you can always master it by improving your essay writing skills.
Below are some ways through which any average student can improve essay writing skills.

Writing Essay Written by Other People

You can start by sharing your essays with your college mate, in turn they will also share essay with you. What is even better is to form a student group. Reading essays written by other people will subconsciously help you mold your writing style. These essays should include those written by your peers as well as those written by academicians .The essay should also cover a wide range of subjects or topics. Read from different disciplines will help you to understand argument and styles.

Building and Using a Vocabulary Library
Having a good vocabulary allows you to accurately and exhaustedly and express your meaning clearly concisely and in very few words. All great essays have one common characteristic; they economize on words.
Using effective and advanced vocabulary is one of the ways on how to improve essay writing skills. A brilliant essay writer never rests on the laurel in terms of vocabulary usage. This is something you ought to work on continuously and tirelessly because there are new words to be learnt every day.
Ways of Improving your Vocabulary
-By subscribing to ‘word a day’ emails.
-By reading widely and by referring to a dictionary whenever you come across new words.
-By using thesaurus
-By learning suffixes, prefixes and roots
-Starting a vocabulary book
Using Words to Aide in developing Your Arguments
The best way to sound intelligent in your essay is to avoid repetition. When writing focus on the effective use of a language to build and develop your argument as well as to create a structural sense. You can start by avoiding or eliminating or eradicating to use the exact word many times.
College students who fail to improve their writing skills they may considerer hiring a good essay writing website. But anyone can learn how to write a good essay what you have to do is follow the tips provided above.

review 2017-07-10 16:27
Chaturbate's Castrations: A Tale of Sex and Horror - Matt Shaw

CHATURBATE:

1: A blend of the words "chat" and "masturbate".   2: The act of masturbating while chatting online.  3: A website for both of the above. 4:  The new extreme horror from Matt Shaw that pushes the boundaries of taste & decency.

Who Needs A 5 Star Rating?
Chaturbate's Castrations - 5/5 Deadly Dildos

They logged in for the show. They didn't expect to be the star.

Bunni's webcam site needs a boost in numbers. More viewers, and more tips. But, she already offers it all, doesn't she?  Exhibitionism, role-play, daddy-play... Then it hits her - people are always looking for harder, and darker.  She needs to show her viewers just how hard, and dark she can get!  (Once she figures it out, that is!) With the help of one regular viewer, Bunni is preparing to put on a show like she's never done before. She loses any, and all inhibitions once she finds the right head-space - she might even enjoy this! One thing is for sure... this is going to be a show that her viewers will never forget.

Chaturbate on Broadway!

The upbeat musical that offers a fun, positive outlook on the cam industry.

Coming Soon? 'Matt Shaw Presents: Chaturbate's Castrations - The Musical'

* I'll start the Kickstarter page!!

#FF: (I love bizarre sex laws!) I JUST learned that it is a felony to own six or more dildos in the state of Texas!

Source: beckisbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/10/chaturbates-castrations-a-tale-of-sex-and-horror-by-matt-shaw