logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Web-Development
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-09 23:26
A Bad Case of Stripes - David Shannon

This was one of my favorite books growing up. I loved reading it over and over again. This book teaches kids that even if they like something everyone else doesn't keep liking it anyways. Camilla loved lima beans and the more she tried to prove she didn't the worse the stripes got. Until she finally owned that she loved to eat lima beans.

I would use this in a lesson about cause and effect. It could also contribute to a lesson on character development.

Lexile Level:AD610L

review 2018-09-09 21:53
Should I Share My Ice Cream? - Mo Willems

This is a part of the series Elephant and Piggie. Elephant has some ice cream and is conflicted about if he should share his ice cream with Piggie. As Elephant debates it his ice cream melts. Piggie comes along and shares her ice cream with Elephant.

This book is for lower elementary grades. I would use this book to promote sharing and generosity. Let the students discuss times they has shared something with a friend. I would give out a small toys and run out on purpose. I would ask if there was any way everyone could have some. This would prompt some students to share and be generous.

Lexile Level: 260L

review 2018-09-09 21:37
Amazing Grace - Mary Hoffman,Caroline Binch

Grace loved stories! One day the school has auditions for Peter Pan. Grace wants to be Peter. She is told by her class mates that she can not be Peter because she is a girl and because she is black. Her grandmother takes her to a ballet to see an African american girl who played Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet". Grace was inspired by this and on Monday she rocked her audition and got the part. The play was amazing and her classmates thought so too.

I would use this as an aid in character development. Students would list the qualities they liked about grace. They would then draw a random name of a classmate from a hat and list three good qualities about that classmate.

Lexile Level:680L

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-09-08 04:13
The Rainbow Fish - Marcus Pfister,J. Alison James

The rainbow fish has many beautiful shiny scales but does not want to share. Rainbow fish is mean and the other fish do not want to play with him. Rainbow fish seeks the guidance of an octopus who tells him to give his shiny scales away so that he might know true happiness. Rainbow fish does as he says until he has one shiny scale left. Rainbow fish gave away his most prized possessions but finally feels happy.

This book is great for character development.I would use this during the first few weeks of school to help promote character development. I could also use this as an anti-bullying book.

Accelerated Reader 3.3

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-09-08 04:05
The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein

This book is about a young boy and a tree. The tree gives the boy everything she has to make the boy happy and in return the tree is happy. The tree gives and gives till she has nothing left but it is exactly what the boy needs.

I would use this book in lower elementary grades.This would be a great introduction in to sequence of events within a story. Students would go over sequence within a story.

Lexile Level: 530LL