Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Writing
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-03-20 12:49
What is the changing role of the teacher, and how do we support that new role?

The building block of any school or through which our new generation get educated and successful in the future is our teachers. The greatest change in the school is not come up with the advanced technology, advanced classroom, by changing curriculum but the greatest change occurs in school due to the change in the role of teachers.  As we know that teachers are the nation builders if they have lack of any skill in their role then how nation students get success.

now the developing as well as under developing countries face the challenge to find out how we adopt creative environment so that teachers are willing to modify their role. Here inspiration is the main element to support this role.

Such as below there is some example of innovation when the traditional old of the teacher has change contain.

• The rise in student's voice for planning, implementation and assessment cycles.
  • Reverse mentoring – here the role of the teacher has adopted by students as tutors.
  • Increasing use by schools of student assistance in learning through their own leadership and contribution.
  • Schools now encourage student assistance in the learning process by their own role and guidance.
  • implement various sources of knowledge such as use social media networking and MLEs to give opinions of experts outside the classroom.

The role of teacher and paradigm shift is ultimately depended and the willingness of a teacher that how much they focus on the change. along with the new role of teacher the new terms have also introduce such as mentor, coach, guide, facilitator or experienced learner. Here learner does not represent student.

Also now the teaching method becomes more practical, flexible and child-center. We can say that now the role of a teacher becomes very supportive and now they focus and give skills in their school's life so it becomes worthy of future.

As we concern here the role of teaching from past to now. There are many things has changed. In the past teacher is the only source of information provider. Nowadays teacher provides information and gives a Best Assignment Writing Service and another thing to tackle it.Another role of teacher that has changed is now the teacher is no longer just a lecturer they are facilitators. Now their main duty is to set goals and objectives and then establish the learning process accordingly. But in the past teachers strictly follow the syllabus. Now the teacher has rights to make their own syllabus, independently choose the teaching material, design curriculum with the combination of National Curriculum, Core curriculum, and school curriculum.

If any teacher still not want to adopt the current role of teaching and skills they will be definitely losing the big opportunity if they rely on old teaching method.

Another change in the role of today's teachers is they have better handle the technical things as well as they have better knowledge of technical devices as compare to the past. Now they will not use chalk to write on the board instead they use projector, hardcopy and other advanced technology to deliver the lecture.

One of the biggest change in the role of teacher that has made in the school management has also modified, which is also very challenging. Now school needs an individual who can able to manage the stress of that changing world. Now teachers are work in the team, handle school activities and co-operate with parents.

We must support this changing role of the teacher if we want to get success in the future. Education is the main element through which any country can strengthen their economy. To support that changing role government agencies should introduce programs to introduce and inspire teachers.

review 2018-03-18 15:00
Saving Sebastian
Saving Sebastian - Luna David

“You don’t have to prove yourself worthy of me. You are worthy of me, just as I’m worthy of you."

For me this was not simply about the acts of a BDSM relationship but was the complete development of a true D/s relationship and one that was done so with such depth, attention and patience.  The character development, including their doubts, hesitancy and questions revolving around their worth to their partner was beautifully captured.

While I have read several BDSM books, I have not always been comfortable reading about these types of relationships.  Perhaps it has been more about the acts before, or what I feel can be overly aggressive Dominates and quite weak submissives.  And that is awful to say and certainly is not meant in any way as demeaning but it was just not always something I understood.  There have been a few books however that explain better the power that the submissive holds…that they ultimately hold all the power with one simple word.  And out of all the books I have read involving BDSM, it is this one that I feel has captured the true nature of these relationships best.

This is not a quick read.  This is not a read in which involves only the acts, as the majority of the book is not about scenes but about the interactions, the trust building, and the dynamics and ultimate ability to know your partner, their needs and their desires.

I also honestly never before got the level of worshipping that a Dom can have toward their sub.  But this aspect made all the difference for me.  Gideon, while Dominate, is so enthralled by His Boy, so utterly devoted to him, that it was seeing his sheer love expressed in a look, in a gesture or in his thoughts and actions that made me all the more captivated by him.  And it was these moments which made their dynamic stronger for me as partners.

“You keep getting on your knees for me.” He sighed and glanced back down at the box. “It feels wrong.”

“Why? Because you’re convinced that as my sub you should always be below me?”

Sebastian shrugged. “Yeah. I mean, I’m serving you, not the other way around.”

“You don’t think I do the same for you?”

Sebastian tilted his head in confusion and shook his head. “You should never serve me.”

Gideon chuckled at that and said, “Of course I should. We’re serving each other. We just do it in different ways. You’re offering your service to me as my submissive. But I’m also offering my service to you as your Dominant. We’re equals in this, Sebastian.”

“You really believe that?”

“Fuck yes! I absolutely do. I can do nothing with you, to you, unless you have given your express permission. That power is in your hands. You know this.”

Sebastian nodded. “Yeah. I mean, I guess. I just never thought of it that way. That doesn’t seem right.”

“I’m giving you what you need, just as you are doing for me. If that isn’t service, I don’t know what is.”

While this book is long, it is not without reason.  Every scene in some way has a point, shows the true character of our main MCs and therefore nothing ever seemed pointless.  Even the scene with Boone and Connell had value and was so damn perfect at capturing the nurturing aspect of Gideon.

The rope scenes for me were so intricate in their descriptions that I longed to have the imagery from Khaleo’s camera…not only in scene but in aftercare as well.  The images of the marks and indentions left in the skin, just beautiful crafted.

“Look at the lines on your body caused by the ropes. They’re beautiful. You’re beautiful."

Luna David, I have to say, not only impressed me with her in depth exploration into BDSM but into the health conditions that our sweet Sebastian lives with.  I felt this part of the story to be well researched and thoughtful.  While I am not a physician, it all felt quite accurate and ultimately personal.

The story telling aspect of this also worked well for me.  While much of the story is a back and forth POV, there are several key scenes which are told from both POV and it was those that became the most touching of the story.  The New Year’s Eve scene being the most heartbreaking of them all.  I also enjoyed that while at times, it seemed certain scenes were skipped, we later got these told in memories, which I loved.  I am not sure this book would have worked had only one POV been described.  This was a couple and therefore their thoughts, actions and love for the other were of utmost importance in making this successful.

Now, I did not read the first 2 books in this series…honestly after hearing the praises surrounding this book and in seeing the cover, there was just no way I could wait.  And while a standalone, part of me does wish I had read the others first.  I was a little confused during the first hospital scene, feeling as though I walked into a family dinner not knowing who was there or what their relationships entailed.  I also feel like I may have gotten some inkling into what Sebastian looked like, having perhaps gotten other's perspectives on this man in previous books.  So again, while it really didn’t matter as this couple goes, it kinda mattered to me.  I will go back and read the others if for no other reason than to see sweet Braden’s story.  He was such a loving spirit and friend and I need more of him.

I do hope we eventually get Killian’s story.  He popped on page only briefly but there is no doubt a story behind this intriguing man.  And while I am no longer a big reader of M/F, I would read Finn and Zoe’s story.  How this doctor came to embrace this lifestyle to be what he needed for the woman he loves. I am on board.

There are so many aspects of this story that I have failed to even acknowledge, from their backgrounds, to their families, to the tattoos and Sebastian's love of art, and pets, every aspect was so beautifully and amazingly crafted.  I guess I will just have to reread this at some point and expand on those elements as well.  Until then, I cannot recommend this journey enough.

Spoilerish Bonus Quote…read at own risk…but it is absolutely beautiful.

Gideon leaned down and kissed his head, over and over, everywhere he could reach, paying particular attention to the raised, bumpy edges of his scar. His boy’s sobs were wracking his whole body at that point and Gideon’s heart was breaking.

“You’re so good, baby. So strong. Let it out. I’m so fucking proud of you. So proud. You’re the bravest man I know.”

Gideon touched and stroked Sebastian’s face, his head, his shoulders, and his neck, telling him how beautiful he was, how he’d never been more attracted to anyone in his life, how proud he was to be with him, and finally how lucky he knew he was that Sebastian had chosen him.

Even better the second time around. ❤️❤️❤️

review 2018-02-23 00:00
Kung Fu Space Barbarian’s Guide to Writing Text Adventures
Kung Fu Space Barbarian’s Guide to Writi... Kung Fu Space Barbarian’s Guide to Writing Text Adventures - Kung Fu Space Barbarian Very short and concise explanation to writing text adventures.
Looks mostly at the "interactive fiction" side of things, but the ideas could be applied to any style of choose your own adventure story.
review 2018-02-21 19:23
Needs more attention to detail
Kid Authors: True Tales of Childhood from Famous Writers (Kid Legends) - David Stabler,Doogie Horner

First of all, HUGE props to the illustrator, Doogie Horner, for some of the most amazing illustrations I've seen in quite some time. I'd go so far as to say they would make truly excellent bookmarks. *hint hint* Kid Authors: True Tales of Childhood from Famous Writers by David Stabler is a collection of short biographies of famous authors covering their childhood and why they wanted to become authors. Up front I need to make a few critical remarks. While this was written for a child audience, I think it would be beneficial if some of the terms were defined either in a side panel or at the back in a glossary. Two good examples: integration and abolitionist. I read a few passages to some of the kids at the library and some terms that seem obvious to an adult haven't yet been learned by kids in upper elementary school. There were also some really glaring grammatical mistakes which gave the impression this was a rushed printing job. At one point, the word should have been 'real' and instead it was 'read' which of course has a totally different meaning. If this is meant to be a nonfiction biographical resource for children it should be held to a higher standard. I did like how there were additional facts and a suggested list of more books to read at the back. My overall impression is that it's a cute book which serves as a decent introduction for kids to famous authors (and biographies in general). I know there are other books in this series so I'm hopeful the quality has improved in these later volumes. :-) 5/10

What's Up Next: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell

What I'm Currently Reading: Gorillas in the Mist by Dian Fossey

Source: readingfortheheckofit.blogspot.com
review 2018-02-01 16:22
Rule Breaker
Rule Breaker - Lily Morton

It hurts to know that fate has given me the perfect person for me to love, but has failed to make it reciprocal.

Gaaaahhhh this book is a killer and an emotional journey that I was not expecting at all.

Gabe, I have to say, I loved from the first moment I met him. His hardass work demeanor, snark, no-nonsense personality totally worked for me.  Throw in equally entertaining banter by his assistant, not to mention one that does not let Gabe get away with anything, and I was hooked from the start.

“I think the first person that I’ll put on your team is Tracy from Reprographics.” Hugh immediately spits his water all over the table and Gabe’s suit.

My boss hardly reacts. He just brushes the moisture off, while staring intently at Hugh. It’s the look of a lion toying with its prey. “Yes,” he continues. “I think you really need her and it’s past time that we made her position more formalized. My only query is which position?” He shoots a quick glance at my pen scribbling over the paper taking notes, before continuing. “Should we say missionary, or reverse cow girl?”

Now, that said, this is not what I would call a typical romance and Gabe is not your typical “boyfriend”. He can be quite difficult to love at times.  And while the journey to get through his issues is quite heartbreaking it is done so amazingly well.  My heavens…the writing in this was quite phenomenal and the emotions are high. Every act has multiple meanings and insight and while you want to throw your kindle at times, I appreciated how Dylan mentally dealt with this man.

I hold him tight, aware when his breaths slacken into the deep, even sounds of sleep, and I can kiss his head and inhale his scent without him protesting. I don’t let go. I feel the need to grab a tight hold on him because, like water, he’s going to slip through my fingers and flow away sometime soon. I can sense it.

And with the highs are some beautifully described moments between these two men. Then throw in a set of parents that anyone would love to have and I am a mess.  Rebecca and Tom were gracious, insightful and loving and saw through this beautiful man from the first moment they met him and their advice to their son was painful but real.  I only wish we had gotten more of them at the end of the book.

“If his childhood was deprived of love, it will be hard. He’ll probably need love like no one else, and you can give that, Dylan. You’re one of the most loving people that I’ve met, but it won’t be easy. When you’ve gone years alone you develop a hard shell, and sometimes that shell never cracks.”

While the journey is hard, the HEA is strong.  Perhaps the epilogue was a little over the top but damn, after the journey, it worked for me.  And getting Gabe’s POV even for just a few moments was lovely.

Now I do wish we had perhaps gotten a little more closure or perhaps seen the door slam behind the twat…but I guess I can’t have everything I wish for.

I eagerly await more from Henry and Jude.  Both amazing and caring friends who equally deserve to find love.

*Highly Recommended but don’t expect a lighthearted Romance*