logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Xpresso-Book-Tours
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-13 13:00
Book Tour Review that I am Involved with. Really awesome!!!!!
A Memory of Fire (SoulNecklace Stories Book 3) - R.L. Stedman

A Memory of Fire
R.L. Stedman
(SoulNecklace Stories #3)
Publication date: October 1st 2017
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult

About my wrist is a tattoo of roses, strung like beads on a bracelet of thorns. I have a past, if only I could remember — but I cannot remember.

Held captive in a strange city, Dana dreams of fire and flight. There is something she must find, but she does not know what it is, or why it is important. If only her dreams would let her rest.

Half a world away, Will studies a new, exciting discipline. But while N’tombe the enchantress is impressed by his newfound skills, inside he feels only desperation. A terrible moment is approaching; soon, Dana must face her final ordeal. Is his new power enough to save her? And is he prepared for what might happen next?

In this thrilling conclusion to the award-winning SoulNecklace Stories, Will and Dana must make a heart-breaking choice. A choice that may change their world forever.

My Review

Just have to say one of my favorite book from the different book tours that I take part in.

Favorite part of the book of course if you read my other two reviews from this series, you would already know, is the character of Will. In this book, which I am sad is the last one, Will really grew a lot from a young man in the first book were he lost so much, to becoming the man that he was meant to be.

Dana grows a lot as well in this final book in this fantastic series. She had to get herself out of a lot of serious problems on her own.

I really loved the book but there were things that really confused me but I can't really say what because then it would become spoil city. I will say it was at the end of the book.

Something that might turn some people off and  this will be a little bit  of a spoiler is that Will and Dana, in each book are separated for parts of the book. This didn't bother me because this needed to happen for each of these two characters can grow, and do what needed to be done to win against their enemies.

I am so super happy that I was chosen to be involved with this  book tour, I really loved this series, and I will definitely have to visit this story another time, so I can visit with Will once again.

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / iBooks

Author Bio:

Award-winning author Rachel Stedman lives in Dunedin, New Zealand with her husband and two children. Her first novel, A Necklace of Souls, won Best First Novel at the New Zealand Post Book Awards 2014. In 2012 Rachel was the winner of the Tessa Duder Award and was shortlisted for the Tom Fitzgibbon Award. If she’s not got her nose in a book, she’s on instagram or twitter (@rlstedman) or at her local library. Her website is www.RLStedman.com.

Want a FREE collection of fairytales? Then copy and paste this link into your browser: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k9dl7iv39v

review 2017-10-08 03:30
Freaking Awesome, Loved it!!!!!!
A Skillful Warrior (SoulNecklace Stories) (Volume 2) - R.L. Stedman

I can't believe this series gets better and better. I freaking love the character of Will, I love that each book so far his in it more and more. It's a pretty strange story but that's what I love about it. I still like Dana but to me Will just steals the scenes for me. I think I actually love this series so much, just because of Will, the bad guys thou aren't very scary at least to me. They are very strange to me and maybe that's why, I do have to say that I wish they did scare me!!!!!!

I do have to say this book does end in a cliffhanger, so readers beware. I have finished the last book in the series, but have to save the review until my day of the book tour review. So look for it, on the 13th.

review 2017-10-01 17:29
Really Great Start to the Series
A Necklace of Souls - R.L. Stedman

I got this book by the way of Xpresso Book Tour, even though this one and the second book, is not part of the tour.

I thought the book set the stage for this series pretty strongly. I loved Will from the very beginning, Dana took me a little longer to start liking. I think it's because she's pretty whiny in the first half of the book, she starts getting better towards the end.

I think those two are cute together, and I really like Dana more when she's around or dreaming about Will. I felted bad for Will with all that he went through in the beginning of the book, and I loved that he just didn't give him, that he kept going when a lot of people would have just gave up.

Dana's dreams or predictions, (couldn't think of the exact word) were pretty interesting, and the necklace, I am not sure what to think about that and what it means for Dana.

I really love how Will can fight and how he trains Dana. Will training her how to fight was a lot of fun and those parts were some of my favorite parts in the book.

The ending is pretty interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next. Before I read the next book in the series I am first going to finish reading Dark Matter, and then something for bingo 2017. Which I am so far behind on, and where down to the last month and I am no where near a bingo.

review 2017-09-16 12:00
Book Tour Review that I am Involved with.
The Longing and the Lack - C.M. Spivey

The Longing and the Lack
C.M. Spivey
(The Unliving #1)
Publication date: September 19th 2017
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal

“Gothic curses, deadly love affairs, and vengeful ghosts combine to make this paranormal mystery a compelling page-turner.” — Tina Connolly, Nebula-nominated author of Ironskin

Lucinda Hightower is no stranger to death.

Since she was a child, Lucinda has been haunted by rabid dogs, suicidal crows, and the ghost of a woman in white. All are omens signaling someone’s imminent demise—except Lucinda’s friends and family are still breathing.

The omens follow her to Ireland and the quiet university in her father’s hometown, increasing in strength and frequency once she meets Damien Reed. A handsome third year student, Damien thrusts himself into Lucinda’s life almost immediately and caresses away the unsavory reputation that shadows him.

It’s not until the ghost sinks her nails into Damien that he reveals his secret: the death omens are for him.

They’re the manifestations of a curse that claims the life of the eldest Reed son every generation. Damien’s time is nearly up. If Lucinda is to save him, she must solve the mystery of her family curse, and lay a spirit’s rage to rest.

A dark romance for fans of Diane Setterfield and the TV show Supernatural, The Longing and the Lack is a Gothic story for the modern age.

My Review

I was pretty disappointed that I didn't like this book as much as I thought I was going to. It took me such along time to get into the story and I didn't really care for Damien or even Lucinda that much. I did like her more than him. At first I was going to give the book 2 1/2 stars but decided to give it three instead. The reason I went with that rating is because the book had a really creepy atmosphere to it and it ended in a different way than a lot of books usually do. And I didn't see the book ending the way it did, so it did really surprise me. And I do love a book that can do that for me. So for those very reasons the book deserves that type of rating from me.

I really loved the ending even if it was pretty strange, I just wish I didn't have to struggle so much to get to that point. The reason I didn't care for Damien is too me at least he was such a wimp and he was just very hard to warn up to. Lucinda was pretty boring to me, until the last 75 pgs, then she started to get interesting. I blame that on how boring the book was for me until the last 100 pgs.

I am still really glad that I requested and was invited to take part in the book tour for this book. So thanks to all parts involved for picking me to do so.

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo

Author Bio:

C.M. Spivey is a speculative fiction writer, author of high fantasy FROM UNDER THE MOUNTAIN and the paranormal series, “The Unliving”. His enduring love of fantasy started young. Now, he explores the rules and ramifications of magic in his own works—and as a trans, panromantic asexual, he’s committed to queering his favorite genres. In his spare time, he plans his next tattoo (there will always be a next tattoo) and watches too much Netflix. Anything left over is devoted to his tireless quest to make America read more. He lives in Portland, Oregon, with his darling husband Matt and adorable dog Jay.

review 2017-09-15 04:27
Book Tour Review that I am Involved with.
The Smallest Thing - Lisa Manterfield

The Smallest Thing
Lisa Manterfield
Publication date: July 18th 2017
Genres: Contemporary, Young Adult

The very last thing 17-year-old Emmott Syddall wants is to turn out like her dad. She’s descended from ten generations who never left their dull English village, and there’s no way she’s going to waste a perfectly good life that way. She’s moving to London and she swears she is never coming back.

But when the unexplained deaths of her neighbors force the government to quarantine the village, Em learns what it truly means to be trapped. Now, she must choose. Will she pursue her desire for freedom, at all costs, or do what’s best for the people she loves: her dad, her best friend Deb, and, to her surprise, the mysterious man in the HAZMAT suit?

Inspired by the historical story of the plague village of Eyam, this contemporary tale of friendship, community, and impossible love weaves the horrors of recent news headlines with the intimate details of how it feels to become an adult—and fall in love—in the midst of tragedy.

My Review

I thought the book started out pretty slowly but got better as the story with on. I really didn't care for the main character of Emmott at first but she started to grow on me as time with on. At first I thought she didn't care for anyone but herself and the guy that she was crushing on at the time. I felt bad with all she had to go through, with everyone getting this sickness and dying all around here. The reason I gave this book only 4/5 stars is because it started out so slow for me and like I mentioned I just didn't care for Em until about half way through the book.

I am very happy that I was chosen after asking about taken part in the book tour for this book.

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Kobo / iBooks

Author Bio:

Lisa Manterfield is the award-winning author of I’m Taking My Eggs and Going Home: How One Woman Dared to Say No to Motherhood. Her work has appeared in The Saturday Evening Post, Los Angeles Times, and Psychology Today. Originally from northern England, she now lives in Southern California with her husband and over-indulged cat. A Strange Companion is her first novel. Learn more at LisaManterfield.com.