logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: a-r-torre
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-06-16 22:05
Audiobook Review: Tripping on a Halo by: Alessandra Torre (Author), Tor Thom (Narrator), Charley Ongel (Narrator)
Tripping on a Halo - Alessandra Torre,Tor Thom,Charley Ongel

Love takes an otherworldly turn and I may never stop laughing again. Tripping on a Halo is not your average romance. Torre changes the rules when it comes to guardian angels. Autumn and Declan are a breath of fresh air. She knows how to keep life interesting. He's clueless when it comes to love. They shouldn't make sense, yet seem to be a perfect fit. Thom and Ongel, let their sense of humor shine through in this adorably, unconventional look at love.

review 2019-03-19 17:54

Book #1 Rating: ☆4.5☆ Book #2 Rating: ☆4☆
Series Rating:  ☆4.3☆

With Audio Performed by Jorjeanna Marie

๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏

A fitting ending or a possible non-ending, since at the end of the Audiobook the Author says she is quite possibly going to write another Deanna Madden book at some point in time.  Of which I will gladly listen to.  Jorjeanna Marie is the voice of Deanna Madden, after 3 books of doing so.  I still wish the series had a male narrator for the male parts of the book, though.

The enigmatic Deanna Madden is someone who is unlike any other character I've ever read about.  Her backstory is so tragic, her present so darkly titillating, yet totally compelling...and her possible future, hopefully, involves a little more healing than we've seen so far from her.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Backdrop (World Building)⇝  5/5
Originality⇝  5/5
Ending⇝  4.2/5 Cliffhanger⇝
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ All the covers are perfect in this Series.
Setting⇝ Tulsa, OK

Darkish

Homicidal Tendencies

With Audio Performed by Jorjeana Marie

๏ ๏ ๏ My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏

I didn't like this quite as much as the first book but it was still a solid follow-up to The Girl in 6E. Do Not Disturb has stepped up the romance a bit, between Deanna and the UPS guy, Jeremy. Also, we get to know the elusive hacker, Mike, somewhat. There is a new dilemma with a customer of Deanna's who just got out of jail for Rape and is hell-bent on meeting up her, despite telling him repeatedly that she doesn't do that sort of thing. Things escalate quickly, and she has to deal with the consequences of that. All of this is going on while Deanna tries to deal with her need to kill, plus her newfound need to escape her apartment.

The ending was definitely missing something for me, things tied up a little too quickly and I still wish this had a male narrator for the male parts of the book...but honestly, Jorjeana Marie does do a stellar job as the voice of Deanna Madden.

๏ ๏ ๏ MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5

Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.2/5

Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5

Originality⇝ 5/5

Ending⇝ 3.8/5 Cliffhanger⇝ "to be continued"

๏ ๏ ๏

Book Cover⇝ It also goes perfectly with the series...

Setting⇝ Mostly Tulsa, OK

Erotic Cyber Sex
Will Give You Insight Into the Life of A Cam-Girl

With Audio Performed by Jorjeana Marie

๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏

A very different kind of thriller about a twenty-something girl who believes she has homicidal tendencies just like her Mother had.  She also makes a living as a cam-girl on the internet.   Deanna Madden is unlike anyone I've ever read about, she is seriously disturbed, yet absolutely compelling.  The Author has not only researched her topics thoroughly she has also put in meticulous details, that make this story feel genuine.  From her tower of boxes that she has in her apartment from ordering everything she needs online, and having it delivered via UPS to the scandalous, yet oddly educational life of a cam-girl.

There are two separate stories going on and eventually, they converge into one.  That convergence is when the story really gets interesting.  Jorjeana Marie is perfect for the voice of Deanna but they should have had a male narrator for the male voices, having Jorjeana voice the male parts also, just made this a bit hard to separate them from one another.  Overall, I actually really connected with this, and I wasn't sure that I would.  It is one of these most sexual books I ever read/listen without any actual sex.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Theme or Tone⇝4.7/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ "to be continued"
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Very fitting...
Setting⇝ Mostly Tulsa, OK
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
Series Continuation⇝ Yes, No, Maybe or Probably (already started on the 2nd book)

Kindle eBook | Audio

Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes

review 2018-06-24 06:50
Gaaahhhh when's the next one coming out?!?!?!??!
Kill the Angel: A Novel (Caselli and Torre Series) - Sandrone Dazieri

***Contains spoilers. You’ve been warned***

Oh lordy. Lordy lordy lordy. I don’t know what to say except, yes one more time. Lordy. I finished this book and screamed. And it’s a good reaction.

This book doesn’t disappoint. It sets the bar higher than the last one, Kill the Father. It would be best if you do read them in order as you do need the background information surrounding Dante. Plus, it does add more substance to the characters.

This one was definitely more action packed than previous. As it involves a great deal more victims and there’s definitely more layers to peel once the mystery starts to unravel and we get closer to Giltine. And it’s not yet over! There’s giant revelations at the end and you’re left with a heart stopping ending.

There are many twists and turns to go through in the book; old and new characters are mentioned, and of course Colomba is in a bind and goes through very hefty events and you marvel at her mental and emotional strength. Dante is likable in his own quirky way and both him and Colomba work so great as a team, even though they have their differences. There’s a more deeper level of understand between the two of them and there is a hint of a romance. I don’t see it myself as I’ve always seen Dante and Colomba more as a sibling like relationship. (I would have liked to see Dante and Brigitte together, they seemed like they could go along well!)

There’s some major blindsiding happening in the book, you realize Giltine is both victim and perpetrator. There’s still more to uncover in the mystery and by the time we do come to the conclusion it would be a massive atom bomb waiting to drop. However on a side note, I do enjoy how Dazieri brings in these references to various historical events (Chernobyl for one) and various conditions and illnesses to make you think and realize there’s actual conditions out there that exist and people do suffer from them. It makes the plot different and substantially prominent to make this book memorable.

The plot is very engaging and you’re pretty much on the edge in the last third of the book. The last few chapters really pack it in and they were one of the most exciting chapters I have ever read in a book so far. I’m still overwhelmed and blown away by the last page. Gah! I can’t wait for the next book!

Definitely recommended. The series is going to be one of the best I have read so far in my lifetime.