logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: adult
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-26 20:49
13 Minutes/Sarah Pinborough
13 Minutes - Sarah Pinborough

I was dead for 13 minutes.

I don't remember how I ended up in the icy water but I do know this - it wasn't an accident and I wasn't suicidal.

They say you should keep your friends close and your enemies closer, but when you're a teenage girl, it's hard to tell them apart. My friends love me, I'm sure of it. But that doesn't mean they didn't try to kill me. Does it?

And finally, a YA thriller with all of the high school popular kid dynamics that I so very much adore!

This one was creepy. The way that scenes from Natasha's 13 minutes of death were woven in was very well done, and chilling. I could very much envision the scenes playing out.

The ultimate ending was a little bit hard to buy, yet it was clever enough that it worked for me and did the job effectively. I loved all of the set up that it took, how the clues were visible throughout the story yet challenging to put together, and how many aspects were all tied together.

If you're not into the cliché high school dynamics, don't read this. Me, I devour them unabashedly. Seeing the way the "friends" in this book interacted made me absolutely gleeful with the impending disaster, and seeing the way that the parents looked upon their little angels, too, was intriguing.

A very enjoyable thriller, I recommend this for younger readers of mystery.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-09-25 13:09
The End of the First Arc of the Prythian Saga!
A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas

Trilogies is a tricky thing to write. When I first started reading A Court of Thorns and Roses, I have no expectations as I know its a start of a series from an acclaimed author of Throne of Glass. As I had heard its a rendition of Beauty and the Beast young adult fantasy style, it was more of a surprise of how it was written. I was hooked and I wanted more. A year later the released of A Court of Mist and Fury changes every thing I learned in reading - it was one of the rarest books that I would give 5 out of 5 star. It was a read unlike any thing before and from there, not only I wanted more - I just can't wait. It was reported that the 3rd book would be the finale then and this year after a long wait, I had finally read A Court of Wings and Ruin, the war I have been waiting for and to its end, it is the trilogy that ends as the first arc of the Prythian series.

There is so much I want to talk about but where to begin. For one, its the flow. Its fast, is good and for each chapter it opens up much better than the previous. There is much excitement and suspense that really works well inside. And then of course, the description of the action sequence is well done. It really brings the battle out of the page (for me) that really is what the characters are created. There is depth now for some characters, more side-romance that were crafted well, I felt the pain from Lucien of the unrequited love he had knowing his mate is Elain that still not yet embrace him. Characters that were briefly mention are now more known of their motivation and what are their motives. I felt how Morrigan having to reveal who she really is and it was well-written on that part, I do felt the pain her. Almost some back stories, the immortals and more were quick to a point that it works. My only dislike was the forced scenes between Rhysand and Feyre when they want to make love, which felt disconnected and then towards the end epilogue of the chapter. The rest played out well.

I am happy that this ends the first arc of the story (like Star Wars played out the prequel trilogy and the main trilogy) that really ends with a satisfying feeling. I was teary of what I thought might happened but if it did (which I will not reveal), it might make a big impact. I do hope next year when the next release will be as good as this but until then, I am glad that I finally finished this and it's a 4.5 out of 5 star for me.

NOTE - I know I started reading in early August but I actually took off reading much faster in late August. My fault for taking such a long time to finished)

review 2017-09-25 06:40
Waiting
Approximately Yours (North Pole Minnesota) (Volume 3) - Julie Hammerle

This book is #3 in the North Pole, Minnesota series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and to have a greater understanding of the series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Danny has just been devastated by his now ex-girlfriend.  Also - by an unplanned injury.  So when he meets the newest visitors to his fine town, he is not at his best.  Can he overcome his fear of rejection to make a better impression on the right girl?

Holly and Elda are cousins who are visiting their grandmother's hometown to say goodbye to her for the last time.  They meet Danny again, only to both admit attraction for the guy.  Holly makes the sacrifice, to allow Elda to get closer to Danny.

This is another love triangle story, with a twist.  It is in the spirit of love that the main character allows her loved one to go after the boy she has always wanted.  I think the entire town is quirky and this series is a lot of fun to read.  Moments that are just laughable, can also turn into swoony moments.  Just a great book to have on the shelf!  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only by Netgalley and its publishers.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-09-25 03:46
Book Review : paper princess erin watt
Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals) - Erin Watt

September 14- 19

From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.

Review : I really enjoyed this book it was a good book Ella has lost her mom and is stripping until a man comes to her saying he's her guardian . He brings her to his home to live with his sons and they all don't get along Reed thinks that Ella is sleeping with his dad and wants something out of this situation and she does she wants to graduate and go to college . Her and Easton start to get along a little bit and end up getting a bit drunk and kiss she really wants Reed but they are very cat and mouse . I really like Ella's relationship with her friend val they are good for each other . Ella wants a truce with all the royals peace in the house and Reed agrees . Ella goes out with this guy who is a fucking piece of garbage he drugs her and all the Royals stand up for her and the next day they get back at him it was awesome . Ella and Reed start to get hot and heavy at times Reed tells Ella he's bad for her but she doesn't care she wants him . Ella's birth father gives most of her money and company to her and his wife isn't to happy I feel bad Ella didn't get to know her dad but it seems he would of loved Ella and then something nuts happens Brooke who is the father's ex girlfriend is in Reed's room WHAT THE FUCK and Ella runs away .

Quotes:
You may have lost your family, but you’re not alone anymore, Ella. You’re a Royal now.”

The Royal boys are not what I expected. They don’t look like rich pricks in preppy clothes. They look like terrifying thugs who can snap me like a twig.

“I’m not decent.” “Like I give a shit. You’ve got five seconds and then I’m coming in.”

So what happened? Bump your head on the dashboard when you were blowing your brother last night?” He laughs, then glances at the doorway behind me. “Hear that, Reed? Our new sister thinks I blew you last night.”

“Little sis, I can’t show you my goods. I’m so fine, just the sight of me would ruin you for all other men.”

Sawyer reaches out his hand, tucks a strand of red hair behind her ear and— Oh my God. That’s not Sawyer. My jaw falls open. The nasty burn on his hand, the one he got earlier this week when he’d bungled dinner, is gone. But it had been there yesterday—I remember seeing it. Which means the guy with Sawyer’s girlfriend isn’t Sawyer. It’s Sebastian.

Relax, little Royals. Play all the creepy sex games you want. My lips are sealed.”

My brother’s a good lay.” His eyes gleam. “But he’s not as good as me.”

Oh my God. Was that a laugh? Reed Royal laughs, folks. Someone call the Vatican because an honest-to-God miracle has occurred.”

I didn’t know Steve. He didn’t know me. But as I sit here battling my shock, I suddenly realize that he loved me. Or at least, he’d wanted to love me. And my heart aches that I never got the chance to love him back.

review 2017-09-24 03:46
And Then There Were None
And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie

OF COURSE I've heard of the grand dame of mystery, Agatha Christie, but have I ever taken the time to read any of her books? Nope. Thank you Halloween Bingo for giving me an incentive to try something new.

And Then There Were None is in many ways the archetype of a closed-circle mystery.  And I'm glad it was my first introduction to the genre.

I don't know whether other Agatha Christie titles will make it to the top of my enormous list of things I would love to have read, but it's definitely a possibility.

Read for