logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: adult
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-01-06 03:41
Cute
In the Penalty Box - Lynn Rush,Kelly Anne Blount

Willow just wants to work on her skating, what she has left of it.  The career adjusting injury has made her life something she never thought she would see.  Now she has been given a chance for something different. Does she have the guts?

Brodie is attracted to the amazing girl he does not want to like.  It seems mutual, but teenage attraction is never that simple.  When his teammates taunt him into hanging out with the good looking skater, he may get more than he bargained for.

This story was cute and charming, in a teen snarky kind of way.  I am not sure if I liked it at first, but I loved the honesty between the characters.  I was fully vested by the third chapter and I couldn't wait to read the end.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review by its publishers and Netgalley.

review 2020-09-22 10:11
Release Day w/Review - Lies & Lullabies

Blurb:

Summer nights and star-crossed lovers! From USA Today bestselling author Sarina Bowen.

Once upon a time, he gave me a summer of friendship, followed by one perfect night. We shared a lot during our short time together. But he skipped a few crucial details.

I didn’t know he was a rock star.

I didn’t know his real name.

Neither of us knew I’d get pregnant.

And I sure never expected to see him again.

Five years later, his tour bus pulls up in Nest Lake, Maine. My little world is about to be shattered by loud music and the pounding of my own foolish heart.

All Purchase Links:
SERIES PAGE https://www.subscribepage.com/hushnote

All links in one spot → https://shor.by/hush-note

review 2020-09-22 07:30
Building
Tools of Engagement - Tessa Bailey

This is book #3 in the Hot & Hammered series. This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader to enjoy and avoid spoilers, I would recommend reading the series in order.

Bethany likes to have her life in order.  She prides herself on the ability to be the best at what she does.  Then the one man who can spin her whole life out of control is the one who volunteers to help her when it counts.

Wes is glad to have a good job and be appreciated.  He also has been trying to get Bethany to go out with him for so long.  Now they must work together and dating and more is off the table.  Better to help her get her business off the ground.

This story was a slow burn.  The attraction between the characters is obvious from the beginning.  The book picks up pace, and so does the main characters.  Then they are invited to do more and add humor, and well I cannot spoil it.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2020-09-22 05:58
Inevitable
Face Offs & Cheap Shots - James Saxon,Eden Finley

This is book #2 in the CU Hockey Series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this in order intended.

Jacobs & Beckett are both up for the position of Team Captain.  The leaders believe in competitive motivation, apparently.  Now the two men must spend more time together than they ever had in the past.

Is it inevitable that they would learn to appreciate one another in more than just the standard ways?  Beckett normally just annoys Jacobs to the point of insanity.  Now the attraction is making it hard to keep their secret, or their hands to themselves.

I am thoroughly enjoying this series.  These characters are fun, serious, incredible, deep, and more.  I found this story to be fascinating and honestly cannot wait for the next book in the series.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2020-08-26 04:38
Running
 Dragon Detective - Mell Eight

This is book #4 in the Supernatural Consultant series.  This book should not be read as a standalone novel.  To be understood fully, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this really imaginative series in order.

Nickel is a water elemental dragon.  He is now working at the Supernatural Consultant firm. He wants to find out who or what is messing with the current weather.  His searches may put him in danger, though.

Platinum is on the run.  He has to hide from those mad scientists who have made his life miserable.  If only he could get far away fast enough.  Little does he know danger is lurking.......

This was the latest installment of one of the most creative series I have had the pleasure to read.  The characters all have such unique powers, personalities and names.  I enjoyed learning more about some of the more rare dragons in this story.  I really cannot wait for the next book!  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.