logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: adult
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-23 20:31
Review: The Fireproof Girl
The Fireproof Girl (Sophie Shields Book 1) - Loretta Lost

Wow. Prepare yourself for a roller-coaster of emotions when you pick up this fabulous book. I could not put it down and you won't want to either. The alternating timelines and narrators make a smooth transition from story to story filling you in on the sorted past of Sophie and Cole.

There is so much to unravel from their bond and love for each other that I don't think I would ever be satisfied with the amount of stories about them. The raw emotional power of the writing and the intricate descriptions of the minute details bring this story to life in a beautifully tragic way. I found myself lost in the writing and feeling the same things that Sophie experiences on her quest for answers.

I highly recommend you grab this amazing story, a hot cup of coffee, and a comfy chair that you won't want to get up from. You'll want to finish this in one sitting.

review 2018-04-23 10:00
Review! Jupiter (Were Zoo #2) R.E. Butler!
Jupiter - R.E. Butler

Second-in-command lion shifter Jupiter Ross has a lot on his plate. As the head of security for Amazing Adventures Safari Park, he has to ensure the safety of not only the humans who come through the gates every day, but the natural animals, and most importantly, the shifters who live and work in secret at the park. The alphas have recently determined that bringing in unmated humans for VIP park tours would allow some of the males and females to find their soulmates, and that increased Jupiter’s duties tenfold. As an unmated male, he’d like to find his soulmate and settle down, but he’s not sure that random human females coming in for free tours is the way to go.

When Celeste Patterson receives an invitation for a free tour of the safari park, she and her best friend, Adriana, can’t wait to go. Even though they’re separated and unable to take the tour together, Celeste can’t help but think that a wonderful adventure is just around the corner. Jupiter is amazed to discover that his soulmate is in fact one of the recipients of a VIP tour invitation. The feisty female is everything he could have ever wanted in a mate, from her gorgeous curves to her mile-wide attitude.

Get your ticket and get in line for the Amazing Adventure Safari Park VIP Tour. You just might be lucky enough to find your happily ever after.

I’m excited to say that I got my ticket and got to go to the Amazing Adventure Safari Park and while I didn’t find my happily ever after, I sure enjoyed meeting all the wonderful shifters and the exciting sights.

And I also have to say that Jupiter and Celeste certainly livened up my tour with their sizzling chemistry and sweet romance as they got their happily ever after. These strong, compelling characters are vibrant and fit right in at the Park.

I only got to visit the Park for a short time, but it was definitely an enjoyable trip that I fit perfectly into my lunch break and I am saving up tickets so that I may visit often and meet more of R.E. Butler’s fascinating characters in their own habitat.

Jupiter is the 2nd the book in the Were Zoo series.

The Were Zoo series so far includes:

1   Zane

2   Jupiter

3   Win

4   Justus

5   Devlin

#6 Kelley will be released on May 7, 2018

Jupiter is available in ebook at:

Amazon   A-UK    B&N   iBooks   Kobo   Smashwords

R.E. Butler can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub

review 2018-04-23 05:22
Psychological thriller that puts sexual assault and harassment at the center, and keeps you gripped all the way through; an unassuming title but a great twist
The Girl I Used to Be - Mary Torjussen

This is a psychological thriller that is hard to put to down, and despite the unassuming title, this novel goes from being a story about a seemingly innocuous meeting with a prospective client for estate agent Gemma to a full-blown harassment and sexual assault case. Gemma is the breadwinner of her family, with her husband being at home with their three-year old son, and while she is trying hard to deal with the mounting stress of running a company, she’s constantly dealing with the anxiety of an incident in her past. Suddenly she is very much alone in a world where she is being harassed by private messages and letters, and she is finding herself lying and wondering who she is becoming.
It’s so hard to review this without revealing a major amount about the plot but this had me quickly turning the pages because author Mary Torjussen has crafted the perfect thriller whereby she has weaved a story from the character’s past into one in the present day, and while I was reading I felt Gemma’s anxiety - and fear - all the way through. It really was compulsive reading.
I will also personally disclose that the initiating incident that Gemma experiences, the one that she feels she must run from, and the one that is the cause of so much tragedy (revealed in part 2), is something that I personally went through myself. I only wish this sort of thing didn’t actually have to be something that becomes the basis of both adult and YA fiction, but (yes, this is my trigger warning), sexual assault happens, and will continue to be a part of fictional and non-fictional works. As women start to fight back by talking about it, as now it is very much a topic of our time (there’s a line in the book acknowledging that once upon a time, it wasn’t talked about so easily), it has become different when we read about it too.
This is actually the second book released this year that I have read with this similar sexual assault issue.
The book is thoroughly engaging to read and I liked the ‘two parts’ that it was separated into, with the massive twist. I don’t know what I’d change it to, but for some reason I have an issue with the title, although I understand the concept of how we look back at what we ‘used to be’, feeling like we have changed so much, or looking at what we were back then, but I want something else to grab people by. This book is so good and too clever for people to miss.

review 2018-04-23 02:27
The V girl - Mya Robarts

description
Sebastian Rolli as Aleksey Fürst. (Thanks Michelle for telling me the name of this hot dude)

description

Re-read: Amazon sent me a letter to update the book. Love it EVEN more the second time.

First and foremost. I DON'T WANT IT TO END! I WANT MORE PLEASE!!!!!

Thank you Mya Roberts for writing this beautiful, epic LOVE STORY.

Now the theme itself is so HORRIFYING that for a while I debated whether I wanted to read the book or not. Usually rape is not something I want to read. In fact I read the reviews of the V girl first before reading and most of them were accurate, rape is not something that we get to see graphically . I can't stand rape. I just can't. But the INTELLIGENT, MATURE, ALMOST POETIC approach the author used to tackle this difficult topic was brilliant. There's rape, the blurb says as much but it's more than a menace, a threat to the people who live in this world. 90% of the book the story is more about the Heroine's fight, about her feelings, not about rape for the sake of bringing drama. Nothing like game of thrones style.

It's sad to think that The V girl society is very realistic. I think our own society has come to accept rape and abuse as something that can't be avoided. From where we stand as society where rape culture is fed on us daily to the moment a society like this becomes a reality...i'm sad to think about it but it may happen. it seems like whenever there's war there's crime. Looting, Murder, torture, rape, slavery. Honestly just see what Hitler did. I'm sure his high comanders had green card to do whatever they wanted to the people they oppressed. Countless of TV shows, movies and books talk about torture and murder during war. They never talk about rape and that's sadly the reality every women of every country that has been invaded has to live. For them or for someone they know.

There's PLOT

YOU HEAR ME PLOT

and subplots too. There's a good story here that made me cry, laugh, throw my kindle to the garbage (literally) swoon REPEATEDLY.

Swoon? why?

Because ALEKSEY FURST! A SOLDIER WHO DOES WHAT'S RIGHT! what the other soldiers should do. PROTECT PEOPLE and he wasn't expecting to fall in love with Lila but he did. It's a very difficult situation for this couple. On the one hand she FOR OBVIOUS REASONS hates soldiers. On the other hand IT'S PROHIBITED TO HAVE A FOREIGN AND AN AMERICAN getting married and the punishement is torture. (rape? no problem. Love? heaven forbid! how come?)

But aleksey fights his way to get Lila's heart, he changes for her, he risks everything for her, and little by little she'll find that Aleksey is not her enemy. He's there to LOVE HER not to take advantage of the situation.

Would he gain her heart and have the honor to be the one who deflowers the heroine?

There's plenty of sex. yes but it's portrayed in a way that fits the plot perfectly.

And when you reach the 85% mark you'll be ready to cry and soak your kindle. Its that dramatic. And what comes next is horrifying.

But thanks god there's something that Roberts had in store for us that we weren't expecting. A HEA just when things looked to be going for the worst, just when I thought happiness wasn't possible, I learned that there's hope and I ended up smiling. It was so beautiful.

Now a warning. The book is BRUTAL, HORRIFYING AND NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. It's super dark and for your sake if you're squimish I suggest you skim or even avoid chapters 53 and 54. I'll repeat AVOID CHAPTERS 53 AND 54 if you're squimish. They're brilliant but not for the faint of heart. Even so I think Roberts did a great job in presenting a scene like that only when was needed. She didn't overuse the horror of the situation to bring more drama. I think it was beautifully handled.
I'm a fan and I'm recommending this book to everyone on my list.
review 2018-04-23 01:59
No cheating and inspiration for other authors.
Transcendence - Shay Savage

Update 09-01-2017 A famous author whose name I won't mention because her fans are scary ;) borrowed heavily from this SELF-PUBLISHED book. Anyone who loves the words "my mate" repeated endlessly should read this book

Update October 11th. I wish more people knew about this book because I found no cheating and no slut shaming. Books that don't promote violence on women like Transcendence and are still steamy and compelling deserve more love.
Jared Padalecki as shaved Ehd

ORIGINAL REVIEW

description

Before I write my review of Surviving Raine it's fair that I review one of my 2015 favorites. I re-read Trascendence because I wanted to have a feel of the author's style before I dived into Survaiving Raine. My conclusion? I'm a huge fan Of Mrs. Savage. (Update Oct 10th, Not anymore after I tried her scifi books and read the spoilers for Surviving Raine sequels , but this book is fantastic)

We meet Ehd, a caveman who lives in the Ice-Age. He's also the loneliest man on the planet. He lost his tribe to a fire, all his family. He has struggled to survive these rough times. He doesn't have much of a life. He's SURVIVING. He hadn't seen another human being for a long time and Ehd's starting to think that he'll be alone forever.

A modern-day girl named Elizabeth appears magically. It's never clear how that happens but you can imagine the 20000 years age of cultural differences that separte these soon-to-be-couple. Ehd is determined to mate with her and surely you understand all the sexy implications of that decision.
description

Or should I say instict? Because Ehd is a very primitive man whose actions are driven by instict and eventually by LOVE.

description

He'll provide for her, he'll protect her from harm and he'll put a baby on her. A baby! That's cute and sexy at the same time.

description

What I love about this book is that we are all the time on Ehd's mind and his train of thought is amazing. He's naive, but strong, and he falls in love hard for his mate. He's extremely repetitive. My mate, I have to provide for my mate, she is my mate my mate is weird, I want my mate with me, I have to protect my mate . It's really primitive, cute and charming at the same time.

description

I love how this couple falls for each other slowly, how they solve their cultural differences and how, what started as a very instictive desire (I have to put a baby on her) ended up in a love that TRASCENDS THE TIME. Love trascends everything. I think just the title was so full of promise and the book delivered.

The steamy scenes are full of that longing, cuteness and awkwardness of two virgin people who are learning to love. That's the reason I read New Adult and Classic romance. This kind of storyline is always so romantic because it's like inexperience is another burden for a couple to overcome and when they do it correctly is always so romantic. Beh and Ehd journey to survive the harsh times they live in and at the same time discover love is one of the best I've read. It's beautiful.

My only minor complain about the book is that perhaps just a little less sex would have worked better for me, and a I wish there had beem a little bit of Beh's perspective. That would have made a huge difference in an already-awesome-book, but at the end I don't care. I just started to try to put bookmarks on my favorite lines and without meaning it, I ended up re-reading the whole book. FOR THE THIRD TIME. I have a lot of homework and tons of books to read, but couldn't stop. That's how much I love this book and why is one of 2015 favorites.

I have to appreciate how cute this story was and I can't describe it in words properly. I just love how original this is. No billionaires, no tattoed boys, no clones of Anastasia steele or aby abernathy OR bELLA Swan. The two characters feel real and refreshing. You have to suspend disbelief a lot, because some times Ehd is just too perfect and the traveling from one age to the other is not explained, but who cares? The book is an incredibly, fast-paced journey.

If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for? Even if you don't like fantasy book and prefer a contemporary setting perhaps you will enjoy Shay Savage's contemporary romances. I know I did.